xisto Community
Brian Gillingham

I Told You That Bush Would.... (something Stupid)

Bush on Gas prices -- pre 2000:

Mr. Bush was critical of Al Gore in the 2000 campaign for being part of the administration that's been in charge while the price of gasoline has gone steadily upward. In December 1999, in the first Republican primary debate, Mr. Bush said President Clinton must jawbone OPEC members to lower prices.

Hmmmph... he actually said this? There should be no surprise that his approval rating is hovering around 30% right now - as the price per gallon flirts with $3/gallon. This year, oil corporate profits per gallon was over 90˘ per gallon - yet last year it was closer to 30˘

I told you so...

I have felt like going to all of my friends and family who actually supported and voted for Bush. I told them all - at the time that he would lie, and twist the truth, and assert pressure on Arab countries - as well as not capture Bin Laden. Well, I joked that they would catch Bin Laden if Bush's approval rating dropped below 40%... maybe they are waiting for just below 30%.

There were so many signs at the time that Bush would be following the path that he is on, yet so many people were supporting this WAR president - "remember 9/11?" ... "he keeps his word - not a flip-flopper".

Well, he has proven himself to be what he is - a complete liar so far. He tells us what we want to hear.

before first election, Bush argued against nation building and foreign military entanglements. In the second presidential debate, he said: "I'm not so sure the role of the United States is to go around the world and say, 'This is the way it's got to be.'"

"If there is a leak out of my administration, I want to know about it"... HE WAS THE LEAKER!

Bush said, "I don't think you can win it" (on a war on Terror)... later said "We meet today in a time of war for our country, a war we did not start yet one that we will win." and "we are winning, and we will win"

pledged to not touch the Social Security reserve -- oopsie daisy.

on N. Korea - no offer of incentives to disarm... Ok, here's some incentives....

originally against creating Homeland Security department - then proceeded with largest expansion of Federal Goverment since the creation of the Defense Department

Both Bush and Cheney initially said that homosexuals could "do what they wanted to", now both are completely anti-gay marriage

He is basically still just a cheerleader - for the Project for a New American Century. Wikipedia - PNAC Global domination is the plan.

Bush on Gas prices -- pre 2000:

Mr. Bush was critical of Al Gore in the 2000 campaign for being part of the administration that's been in charge while the price of gasoline has gone steadily upward. In December 1999, in the first Republican primary debate, Mr. Bush said President Clinton must jawbone OPEC members to lower prices.

Hmmmph... he actually said this? There should be no surprise that his approval rating is hovering around 30% right now - as the price per gallon flirts with $3/gallon. This year, oil corporate profits per gallon was over 90¢ per gallon - yet last year it was closer to 30¢

I told you so...

I have felt like going to all of my friends and family who actually supported and voted for Bush. I told them all - at the time that he would lie, and twist the truth, and assert pressure on Arab countries - as well as not capture Bin Laden. Well, I joked that they would catch Bin Laden if Bush's approval rating dropped below 40%... maybe they are waiting for just below 30%.

There were so many signs at the time that Bush would be following the path that he is on, yet so many people were supporting this WAR president - "remember 9/11?" ... "he keeps his word - not a flip-flopper".

Well, he has proven himself to be what he is - a complete liar so far. He tells us what we want to hear.

before first election, Bush argued against nation building and foreign military entanglements. In the second presidential debate, he said: "I'm not so sure the role of the United States is to go around the world and say, 'This is the way it's got to be.'"

"If there is a leak out of my administration, I want to know about it"... HE WAS THE LEAKER!

Bush said, "I don't think you can win it" (on a war on Terror)... later said "We meet today in a time of war for our country, a war we did not start yet one that we will win." and "we are winning, and we will win"

pledged to not touch the Social Security reserve -- oopsie daisy.

on N. Korea - no offer of incentives to disarm... Ok, here's some incentives....

originally against creating Homeland Security department - then proceeded with largest expansion of Federal Goverment since the creation of the Defense Department

Both Bush and Cheney initially said that homosexuals could "do what they wanted to", now both are completely anti-gay marriage

He is basically still just a cheerleader - for the Project for a New American Century. Wikipedia - PNAC Global domination is the plan.

what do you expect they american ppl elected a service dodging, brain dead,Alcholic, slack jawed yokel to run their country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bush is an I>D>I>O>T... the saddest part is he's on his second term!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which means that American voters like being screwed by a Poofter.

what do you expect they american ppl elected a service dodging, brain dead,Alcholic, slack jawed yokel to run their country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHA, well half of us voted against him this last election. But he was appointed the position by a judge.. not awarded by votes.

Normally, I don't get into politics. However, when it comes to how Bush has messed up our country, that's where I talk politics. I can't wait until he is out of office! He promises so much, yet delivers so little. Plus, he's added all this crap that he really shouldn't be allowed to do (like spying on phone conversations).

Bush is an I>D>I>O>T... the saddest part is he's on his second term!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha, I pretty much agree with that. I really wished that they didn't elect him like they did. Hopefully, he will be kicked out of office if his approval rating drops too much.

I still don't understand something, HOW he was re-elected! thats absolutely unsense, first of all, he was the most irresponsible and undifferent with the WTC attack, also people noticed the kind of president that they voted, also there are reports CONFIRMING that theres no nuclearweapons in IRAQ! AND he said that he doesn't cares that report, cause he already has planned a POLICY for that country.But the point is, if he was re-elected by fraud, why the fellow citizens of USA doesn't riot against the power!? that is supposed to be done by the people if something is ridiculous or attemp to the order and democracy of a country.For me, he's the next dictator/emperor of the history. :lol:

The problem isn't with Bush. The problem is with the people who voted him into office. I can understand voting him in the first time but after his record over the first 4 years of his term, you would think there is no freaking way he would get in again.Well, Americans voted for him again... That just shows that the majority of american people are stupid or the majority of american voters are stupid.Whether or not Bush cheated to get into office the first time around, doesn't really matter anymore. The fact of the matter is, he was voted in the second time with a much bigger margin than the first time. Chances are he didn't cheat the second time.The main reason why people voted for Bush is because of terrorism. They felt scared and thought he was the best guy to deal with it. Well, what americans didn't know is that waging war against terrorists doesn't work. Any retard knows that. Let's go beat up a guy who is causing trouble. Did that ever work on the school playground? No. You beat up the bully he comes back wtih a friend and beats you up more than before. You think it works any different with terrorism? The "war on terror" is not making america safer. It is making america a BIGGER target. They hate america even more. So how has the war on terror helped? Really, I dare someone to name 3 benefits to americans from attacking iraq. In fact, I don't think there are any benefits at all.

Normally, I don't get into politics. However, when it comes to how Bush has messed up our country, that's where I talk politics. I can't wait until he is out of office! He promises so much, yet delivers so little. Plus, he's added all this crap that he really shouldn't be allowed to do (like spying on phone conversations).
Ha, I pretty much agree with that. I really wished that they didn't elect him like they did. Hopefully, he will be kicked out of office if his approval rating drops too much.

IMPEACH!!! IMPEACH!!!

Check this Out- the Bush Hater's Thread...
Edited by PIPER-4-HIRE (see edit history)

I hold Right Wing beliefs, but Bush has really screwed up the economy. Gas prices are ridiculous. I liked it better with Clinton. Bush Senior was also a horrible president. It seems that the Republicans wish to help countries with oil and ignore the other ones.

why the fellow citizens of USA doesn't riot against the power!? that is supposed to be done by the people if something is ridiculous or attemp to the order and democracy of a country.

Amen! Im english living in England otherwise i would...i know that blair is no better but jeez Bush is an evil 'man' I agree he is a dictator and wants total control over EVERYTHING I bet he keeps his wife locked in a dark room while hes not there! He doesnt care about America he cares about the east, and how he wants it so badly.... All americans vote him out the second you have a chance! For the good of the world, he needs to go! Spread the word through websites, psoters, word of mouth...anything, Amricans work on bush and English work on Blair!

A quote from a GREAT film "People shouldnt be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people" (that would make a kewl siggy actually....)

The main reason why people voted for Bush is because of terrorism. They felt scared and thought he was the best guy to deal with it. Well, what americans didn't know is that waging war against terrorists doesn't work. Any retard knows that. Let's go beat up a guy who is causing trouble. Did that ever work on the school playground? No. You beat up the bully he comes back wtih a friend and beats you up more than before. You think it works any different with terrorism? The "war on terror" is not making america safer. It is making america a BIGGER target. They hate america even more.

well i voted for him twice myself but alot of things do seem fishy. not going to get in to it here but i am responding to your post because i disagree with what i quoted. there's only one way to deal with a bully and that's to stand up to up so he doesn't bully you anymore. if it means fighting for what you believe in and getting your face smashed a few times before he gets tired of ya and picks on someone else, then so be it. you stood up to yourself. or you get YOUR friends to smash his face and he's think twice of bullying ya. yes, it worked on the playground. what didn't work is telling the parents or the dean about what was going on because THEN he would catch ya after school and be more upset for getting him in trouble. btw- i say "him" because it's usually the guys with the big ego. i am not one to sit back and get hurt. and i am one that believes you have to protect yourself at all costs from little to big situations to ensure i don't get hurt anymore.

now i don't know much about terrorism because i haven't studied it. i don't know exactly who and what was linked to 9/11 and i doubt anyone to this day knows the answer. but what i do believe is fighting back to an extreme and if that means soldiers die, then they die. you send the word out by force. you ensure they think twice before coming back to the u.s. to do what they did. unfortunately, you risk innocent lives when you do that. war is ugly. but at the same time, if you live in a country with known terrorists who constantly get their way through violence, you should get the heck outta that country or be subject to the consequences if others fight back against terrorism.

now i voted for this man twice. not really the best man for the job but he acted the same way i would have after 9/11 even through out the coverups before and after 9/11. who is really able to run a country. its said you lose 10 years off your life when you try. it's not an easy job and you will never be able to please everyone. but i'll tell ya this....i believed in sending a word out. might have made people angry as it made the united states look like the bully, but we were the ones being attacked. it may have given us a reason to invade a couple countries, but so be it because not everything was on the up and up with them in the first place. these countries don't want to be blamed for what terrorists did so these terrorists will be getting heat not just from the u.s. but the other countries who lost because of 9/11.

my friggin' RIGHTS were LOST after 9/11. anyone who has been to an airport after that date knows what i'm talking about. but i would rather lose rights than be unprotected when i fly. if we did nothing, then it would have been open season on the united states who would be known for doing nothing. screw that!

So far, I don't see a single rant within this thread that doesn't look like it's not constructed by a 12 year old. Why don't you just type "Bush is a poop head" 400 times and get the same affect?

He is the person who can declasify documents, genius.

There should be no surprise that his approval rating is hovering around 30% right now

The only polls that count are the elections and guess who won that one in a land slide? Sure, your news polls can look nice and all. Who won, though?

I told them all - at the time that he would lie, and twist the truth, and assert pressure on Arab countries - as well as not capture Bin Laden.

Last time I checked, the leader isn't supposed to dawn a uniform and hunt people down, but whatever, dude.

All in all, Bush won because he actually had standpoints. Kerry had no actual position and people didn't feel like going third party and throwing their vote away. It was either know what you're going to get or have Kerry say we shouldn't be in Iraq, then say we would, then say he'd also keep us in there. Nice on, Johnny.

Well as we all should know, MEDIA IS VERY POWERFUL these days but very few people are acctually aware of its constant influenece on people. The thing is that it is easy for us to say how american people are stupid and stuff like that, because they voted for bush, but we must know that our media is representing us with a very different situation than american media! People in america are under constant BUSH-MEDIA supervision and are being pumped with "right" information on daily basis. This is the true problem - people don't know what is really going on because they are metaphorically INSIDE THE BOX and cannot see how things are outside if they are not enough educated. We are looking at them from the outside of the box so we know what is going on...but they cannot do that!So please stop thinking about "stupid" americans and THINK IF IN YOUR COUNTRY THE SITUATION IS THE SAME and you are inside of a box also... :lol:It is interesting and very refreshing to think in that way and it is important to have this constantly in your mind if you want to be trully aware of what is going on around you...greetz

Ahem!.... Now, Kioku, you really drank that Kool-Aid up there. Get a spine. :lol: I am pissed. I hate what America is doing. I am ashamed to call myself an American, but I feel that it is my duty to rise up against unjust laws and unjust wars; it is my responsibility as an American to speak my opinion. As Thomas Jefferson typed into his blackberry to William S. Smith Paris in late 1787:

CONSOLE
What country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two?
I guess that since I am a pacifist (and don't own a gun), I have to appeal to the nature of those friends of mine who are NRA ___(insert adjective here)___'s.The point I made with respect to Bush saying "If there was a leak out of my administration, I want to know about it" is to prove a point - Bush is a horrible despicible liar of the worst sort. The facts are coming out about this - and it doesn't look good for the administration (look at the 32% approval polls). The fact that they would declassify something for the SOLE PURPOSE of discrediting somebody who was opposed to the war... There was no truth to the administration's claims about uranium - Joe Wilson was not lying. You see - they declassified the identiy of his wife only to keep their case for going to war a stong case (Valerie was asked if her husbad would be able to go to Niger - she didn't recommend).Talk about a landslide victory. If people weren't so apathetic in this country, he wouldn't have been able to beat the spread. By beating the spread, I mean - how many votes they needed to manufacture to squeak out a win. Isn't it completely ironic that the past two elections were down to less than 1,000 votes in places? Experts agree that the voting results that came back from mostly democratic neighborhoods statistically couldn't have voted for Bush to that degree - considering that exit polls have NEVER been wrong (exit polls indicated that Kerry should win many places by at least 5%). People testified to the fact that they were forced from the building when votes were tabulated (in Ohio 2004).If they are willing to lie to the American people - and lie to the Senate, and lie to the United Nations -- what in the world would make you think that they wouldn't cheat on an election? :lol: I think that it is a widely accepted fact that politicians lie from time to time - not ALL THE TIME like Bush does. There are multiple investigations going on with respect to the things that this administration has been doing. The end of his reign is near - King George is MAD!So, long story short - after they stole the Presidency of the USA, they lied about everything .... we went to war because we believed them (in a time of great terror - and faith in our leaders) .... people are dying. This whole cycle makes us more enemies in the future, not less. It is very obvious that the "Iraqi resistance fighters" are not defeated.He should go back to cheerleading. At least, he was only cheering for a touchdown before. I can't stand when this *BLEEP* cheers for something like killing arabs because they are islamic.

well, here are the things why I hate Bush:- he's screwing up the world economy (by making OPEC members pissed = US dollars drop = exchange rate is more expensive)- he minds other people's business (why would you go into Iraq, even when UN said not to get in, then asks UN to help)- being voted to his 2nd term to actually crash the world's market. The latest CAD --> USD is $1 CAD = 90 cents American.

there's only one way to deal with a bully and that's to stand up to up so he doesn't bully you anymore. if it means fighting for what you believe in and getting your face smashed a few times before he gets tired of ya and picks on someone else, then so be it. you stood up to yourself. or you get YOUR friends to smash his face and he's think twice of bullying ya. yes, it worked on the playground.

And that right there is the american attitude that everyone in the world HATES. That is what causes many of the problems america is facing. And NO it doesn't work on the playground. You go around beating up everyone who bothers you? You know what happened in the playground? you beating the *BLEEP* out of a bully doesn't make him stop. he will just find different ways to get back at you. Also, I didn't really want to say it but, America is the bully... they have "smashed in people's face" so often that people are responding by "smashing in america's face". many people think america DESERVED 9/11 and these people aren't the terrorists. I hate to break it to you but America is the most hated country in the world, they are regarded as the world's bully. Even america's friends hate them now... ie. canada, britian, and other "friend" nations.

i am one that believes you have to protect yourself at all costs from little to big situations to ensure i don't get hurt anymore.
what i do believe is fighting back to an extreme and if that means soldiers die, then they die. you send the word out by force. you ensure they think twice before coming back to the u.s. to do what they did. unfortunately, you risk innocent lives when you do that. war is ugly. but at the same time, if you live in a country with known terrorists who constantly get their way through violence, you should get the heck outta that country or be subject to the consequences if others fight back against terrorism.

What you and your ilk don't understand is that you can protect yourself without "smashing someone's face in". Why do you believe fighting back "to an extreme" is necessary? With that attitude you are NO BETTER than the terrorist. Terrorists fight using extreme methods and you are willing to do the same. How do you expect terrorists to stop when you are taking this stance?

now i don't know much about terrorism because i haven't studied it.

that much is obvious. Do you know what happened in palestine and israel? Israel agreed to stop being the bad **bottom** bully and "shashing palastine's face in". The result was LESS violence... When Israel kept bull dozing palestine homes, guess what happened? MORE violence... go figure... Takeing a LESS extreme stance actually produces LESS violence... how would have thought?

now i voted for this man twice. not really the best man for the job but he acted the same way i would have after 9/11 even through out the coverups before and after 9/11. who is really able to run a country. its said you lose 10 years off your life when you try. it's not an easy job and you will never be able to please everyone. but i'll tell ya this....i believed in sending a word out. might have made people angry as it made the united states look like the bully, but we were the ones being attacked. it may have given us a reason to invade a couple countries, but so be it because not everything was on the up and up with them in the first place. these countries don't want to be blamed for what terrorists did so these terrorists will be getting heat not just from the u.s. but the other countries who lost because of 9/11.

Yes, that's the problem with americans (yes... not ALL americans, just those who agree with bush)... they have such extreme attitudes that many would (and do) consider them extremists.

And Yes... who gives a *BLEEP* about all those innocent people who are dead because the US needs to get the word out. Let the world know that the US means business... If we don't like you, we will kick your **bottom**.

Next, you think the US is the only one who has suffered from terrorist attacks? The US has hardly ever been hit by terrorism. Have you heard of the IRA? They have been bombing england for a long time. And guess what? England stopped trying to bully the IRA and violence DECREASED!! Second, because the US just had to get the word out, this has had a cascading effect on the REST OF THE WORLD. The US is not the only country in the world and their actions are not isolated to their own country. Actions by the US affect the ENTIRE WORLD. That attitude makes me sick. You make the world a CRAPPY place. You just show that you don't give a *BLEEP* about the rest of the world... And that is exactly why those terrorists HATE you.

And "so be it"?? Ya let's attack those countries cause they weren't on the "up and up" anyway. Who are you to judge? Do you understand that the rest of the world does not see things the same way as you do?

my friggin' RIGHTS were LOST after 9/11. anyone who has been to an airport after that date knows what i'm talking about. but i would rather lose rights than be unprotected when i fly. if we did nothing, then it would have been open season on the united states who would be known for doing nothing. screw that!

You think all those changes makes flying any safer than it was? All those "changes" were to ease the fears of the masses. It was bush saying "look! I did something". Any real security analyst will tell you, all that stuff they did doesn't help. Terrorists don't need planes to blow stuff up. I hate to break it to you, terrorists are already living in the US. Have you heard of sleepers? There are tons of places where they could kill tons of people. I know someone who went to the lincoln monument in washington and there were thousands of people with NO security.

You know what has changed after 9/11? nothing. What's changed is that americans are living in fear and they grasp at anything to ease their fears. If I were al queda, i would laugh myself to sleep everynight.
"Look at these morons, taping their homes up to prevent biological weapons from killing them... oops, i guess they forgot that they need air to live too... stupid americans!"

In summary...
Your attitude and your actions only make terrorism WORSE. Do you think you can SCARE them into stopping what they are doing? They kill themselves just to hurt you. I doubt you can scare them. And, do you think you can kill all of them? Well, you can't. It is impossible. How many years has it been since 9/11? They can't even catch bin laden let alone kill all terrorists... lol... how do you kill an idea? If you can tell me how to kill an idea, then I agree that you should go to war and kill all those terrorists.