xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rldowling03

Rpg Maker 2003 Does anyone use this or any other type of game maker?

Hi i just recently installed RPG Maker 2003 on my computer and it seems preety good so far of what i've seen, I used RPG maker 95 a wile ago and found that anoying, frustrating and just plain crap with basically no customization, But this one looks much better. Does anyone use this or any sort of similar type of program?

Try Game Maker. Sounds simple, looks simple, but when you get stuck in its a good challenge. Luckily there are some good tutorials on the site. Check it out its good quality 5 star quality.

RPG Maker 2003 = P.O.SRPG Maker XP is a HUGE upgrade from 2003. They released an OFFICIAL English version of it, for $60. I say it's worth the money. But if you're looking for something more complex, higher potential and just overall BETTER... I would wait for RPG DS to finish development. It's going to free BUT the programmer is very busy with his personal life. It's been in BETA2 for about... 1.5-2 years? (Correct me if I'm wrong!)

Try Game Maker. Sounds simple, looks simple, but when you get stuck in its a good challenge. Luckily there are some good tutorials on the site. Check it out its good quality 5 star quality.

The bad thing abotu Game Maker is you have to build it all up from scratch, which is why some people prefer RM to GM

I use a similar but completely different program to Game Maker called "Game Editor". It's all just a simple point-and-click-designs-your-game interface, but if you want to do things like making scores/highscores, having one object effect another, etc. then there is a "script editor" where you can write the events yourself in a coding format much similar to C.It's simple to use, and rather easy once you get stuck into it, but it's currently only paid software for Windows Users, so you can only get a trial 30-day version for free. If you use Linux, however, the whole thing is free.I also use RPG Maker 2003... for now anyway. I plan to buy XP English soon. I also have all the older ones, too. I can make great games with all of them!

Yeah, I have RPG Maker 2003, I find it pretty cool, not much costumisability though. Game Maker is better if you're trying to make something interesting aand new. You're pretty limited with RPG Maker, though I have seen some really interesting games made with it. Like a Dance Dance Revolution clone.

High-quality games made with RPGXP look nice, but the entire run is a mess. Nothing runs smoothly, and it just doesn't feel great. You'll notice slight lagging ALL the time and most people don't have fantastic computers (which shouldn't even be needed for RPGXP games).I just downloaded a "high-quality" RPGXP game called Avelon and it just isn't working out.