xisto Community
JdMxStyleZ

Are You Considered "fat"

Today's society often looks down upon fat people. I am not fat. If you are a little overweight you are considered "fat". I don't have a problem with fat people but some people do. Post your thoughts.

http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/calc-bmi.htm

That is the internationally accepted method of determining obesity. If you rank "overweight" or "obese" on that, tough luck. You're fat.

well personally, that site can kiss my so called "fat" *bottom* because it says i am wayy over weight, and yet, my doctor..not a computer...says i am just on track....so i think ill just go with what my doctor says :lol: because they are probably more accurate than that website lmao >_<but a good find although it seems to be out-of-date

My BMI said I was normal. So i guess that's fine. But i know i'm fat on the inside. lol. No I still think i'm fat. Like a belly constitutes as fat for me. Six pack is what i'm trying to get to but that will probably never happen. hahaha I don't know. I when i walk past "fat" people I want to look in their face like their normal people and try not to look down or something to avoid looking at them. I don't want to look at them because i'm scared they might get embarassed or whatever. I know some people are comfortable but some aren't.

1.8 meters, 79.5 kg just squeeks in to the Normal range. 24.5 calculated, so that's not bad for an old guy like me...

The thing with BMIs and such they dont count like muscle. So maybe to the BMI your overweight, but muscle is heavy and it could be just muscle. And if your doctor says your okay, its probably because he/she has taken muscle into concideration.My BMI result: Underweight

WOW, so many of you are using the metric system. It's werid for me, as an american, for people to talking in Kilo grams and meters for height. We use feet and inches, and of course pounds. LoL. LOL, it says i have a healthy weight, but my doctor said I'm 20 pounds underweight. Well, that was actually a year ago, but my weight still stays the same and didn't grow that much.Back to the main topic, i have nothing against fat people. I only have problem with the way people act, not their physical structure. Well, different story when comes to girls that i would date. LOL. PS. I wonder why they had you entering your birthday.

according to the relationship of conversion:1 foot =12 inches =0.3048 metre;1 pound =16 ounces =7000 grains =0.4536 kilogrami am 1.78 metres ,61kg and result is 19.7 which is a healthy weight.however i think that i am too thin now...heh

well I got 27.7, so yeah I guess I'm fat (not that I needed a computer to tell me that) but any way I genuinely don't care (I know some will still think I do, but I don't really care about that either.by the way I like the category it gave me: at risk of becoming overwieght (what so whats that mean then I'm not fat but I could be) I wouldn't really say I was lazy with it though, hell I walk for at least 40 minutes 5 days a week.Anyway I'm happy with that I mean I could still do something about it (and all of my family, friends and now my friends mam says I'm losing weigh, which is you know good)

Standing at 6'3" and 167 lbs., I wouldn't be considered "fat". I would almost be considered underweight, actually. I am perfectly normal (in weight) and am working out everyday to maintain my weight. So to answer your question, no, I am not fat. I am bordering on the underweight section, even though I am not yet. It would be great if my weight advanced a little bit more.

I still don't know why America is the "fattest" country. Maybe we should stop going to these fast-food restaurants called "McDonalds/BurgerKing/etc" and should proceed to the nearest gym immediately. Americans sould stop relying on plastic surgery/pill/etc and start losing weight naturally. It would be more healthy, and you will be vastly proud of yourself.

Edited by NovaTerra (see edit history)

Dogeater, about the metric thing, here is a little bit of info to compare the different units of measurrment. I am 6'0" tall, which is 1.8 metres and weight 180 pounds, 80 kg. 4 ft is about 1.2 m and a kg is approx 2.25 lbs.

Based on the height and weight entered, the BMI is 21.9, placing the BMI-for-age at the 75th percentile for boys aged 14 years, 9 Months. This teen has a healthy weight.

I still don't got that six pack, though, so therefore I'm not considered perfect when I'm in the locker room at school -.- And I'm soo close too. But yeah, I've been gaining muscle recently... started working out... once ever other week =D I'm too lazy to go to the gym all the time. But I try to run and excersize daily, and eat only healthy stuff.

There is nothing wrong with fat people or being fat, I am not fat myself but I hate how people treat fat people differently, in my school theres this girl Kim and she is really big and tall. Alot of people laugh at her and call her gorilla or something that will topple over the lunch table. Its pretty sad, but she does look like those mean, greedy, picks-on-little-children type of person. So maybe she deserves the teases.