xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Farseed

Time Well Spent anecdotal examination of spending time wisely

While the kids were here and I was Dad to all for a week, there were lots of fun episodes. The opportunities to teach them are few and I have to cram so much training into them ever so gently. I joke, but the frustration is true. Their normal home training is lacking, but their spirits are high as I work with them. Things like how often to take a bath/shower and how to sit like a lady. I'd rather be the one who tells them at an appropriate age rather than wait until they are untrainable. I think I do alright, but I wonder how other dads do these things if at all.It occurs to me that I should balance time observing life from the outside and participating in active life more often. With the past two weeks being so busy, I spent more time doing things rather than thinking about things. Now I'm noticing my blog entries come in waves. Anyway, it was a nice shift.Ratio of ( ActiveTime/PassiveTime ) per unit time. Again, the denominator is time. Some people can be successful, normal and boring. Some have extreme highs and lows, still being successful. Not everyone can both and still be healthy. People are different.There must be a balance between observing and driving life. I'm reminded of a vision of fish swimming-flying above a river. They can't live there yet jump into the air. Taking the time to remove one's self can be refreshing and inspiring.But one loses momentum. Being out of the water removes propulsion, and life's river can begin to pass you by. An interface of differing temporal refractions exists. When one is active, time is perceived as being quick. When one is inactive, time is perceived as being slow. One state gives clarity, one gives momentum. If a balance is struck, a curve that represents bouncing between the two influences can be seen. Perhaps a helix spiraling between two fields, being repelled simultaneously by the two influences.Spend time acting and observing to achieve. Observation provides wisdom, acting provides a better vantage point. Too much observing leads to inaction, and one will get nowhere. Too much action leads to folly, and one will get nowhere.