xisto Community
Joe2Chance

Mail Problem

Hi, i have a problem, when i try to send an email (created in Xisto cpanel) i receive this message:

sorry, your IP is rejected because it was flagged as an open-relay

It was working fine, but now i have this problem and i don't know why! :lol:

Any help would be very thankful.

Thanks in advance.

Are you trying to send to a @yoursite.trap17.com, or are you sending from it, because if you are sending you may want to try sending to a diffrent address on a diffrent server.

Are you trying to send to a @yoursite.trap17.com, or are you sending from it, because if you are sending you may want to try sending to a diffrent address on a diffrent server.

No, the problem is that i can't send, but i receive, i can sucessefuly send messages, but next i receive a mail from the mail host (of the one i sent to) saying that it can't be receive because it was "flagged as an open-relay"!!!

A week ago this didn't happened, and i don't know what could be wrong!!!

Do you get this error when you try to send to a diffrent mail server, it could be that the server has a SPAM filter that is blocking this message, or attempting to get you to take that sender off the list.

I'll try sending mail, just how exactly did you create it? I'm going to my cpanel, clicking read mail, and from there I'll send a message, is this what you did?UPDATE: if the above is what you did, it worked for me.UPDATE 2: The strange thing, I can't seem to send mail back to Xisto, there is no bounce message, but no inbox message either.

Edited by moldboy (see edit history)

Yes, i've tried that way and thru outlook too, the same things happened, can you please send a mail to comsualicenca1@sapo.pt and see what happens?The mail() function on php of my site is with the same problem, for example, the contact me form its ok (i receive), but when i send a message to my members it seems it dosen't work, that's all so confusing!! :lol: When someone register they dosen't receive the link confirmation!I think the problem is with the Xisto hosting, i don't know, because the mail() function don't use my mail!! :lol: Is there any way of using the mail() with SMTP, so i can use another mail server??Thanks very much for your help.

I'll send you a message from both moldboy [at] hotmail.com and from moldboy [at] d-gression.trap17.com, ok.

I've received only the mail from hotmail.com!Did you send from the Xisto.com also?If so it seems is not only a problem from me right? It's a little strange no?

Thanks very much for your help.

Yes, I just checked and the message from Xisto bounced back, here's the message, not quite sure what it means, like I've said I can send to myself, so that's very odd.

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

comsualicenca1@sapo.pt
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<moldboy@d-gression.trap17.com> SIZE=2370:
host mx.ptmail.sapo.pt [212.55.154.36]: 554 sorry, your IP is rejected because it was flagged as an open-relay or abuser; o seu IP foi rejeitado por estar listado como open-relay ou spammer (001)

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <moldboy@d-gression.trap17.com>
Received: from cpanel by gamma.xisto.com with local (Exim 4.52)
id 1FXhQW-0007LY-Ms
for comsualicenca1@sapo.pt; Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:27:12 +0000
Received: from 127.0.0.1 ([127.0.0.1]) by d-gression.trap17.com (Horde MIME
library) with HTTP; Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:27:12 +0000
Message-ID: <20060423162712.4a46fief8z5wkg84@d-gression.trap17.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:27:12 +0000
To: comsualicenca1@sapo.pt
Subject: mail problem
(anti-spam-mime-version:) 1.0
(anti-spam-content-type:) text/plain;
charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
User-Agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) H3 (4.0.3)

Yes, i've tried that way and thru outlook too, the same things happened, can you
please send a mail to comsualicenca1@sapo.pt and see what happens?
The mail() function on php of my site is with the same problem, for example, the
contact me form its ok (i receive), but when i send a message to my members it
seems it dosen't work, that's all so confusing!! sad.gif

When someone register they dosen't receive the link confirmation!I think the
problem is with the Xisto hosting, i don't know, because the mail() function
don't use my mail!! unsure.gif

Is there any way of using the mail() with SMTP, so i can use another mail
server??

Thanks very much for your help.

I think because some users who in the past abused of the mail() function spamming everthing that moved some mail servers as blacklisted the ip from the Xisto hosting,and that's why this happen!I don't know, but i think it's that!

I Use email with outlook i think you can send your email with outlooktray to do that :username : user+yoursite.trap17.compassword : passwordpop : mail.yoursite.trap17.comsmtp : mail.yoursite.trap17.comyou can make account in outlook and send / receiveemail with outlook