xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
itssami

How I Can Display Forum Topic On Main Website ?

Suppose i have a website.. domain.com , and have phpbb forums on domain.com/forums..And i want to display the new topics written in the forum on the main page of website...how i can do that.. ?for example ,I want to display this topic `?"domain.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16"how can i do that ?

do you plan on using a CMS for your site? there would be available plugins/mods you can use to accomplish that, i would suppose. or you can simply code your index.php to access the forum mysql db with the parameters you want to appear in it. you'll need php+mysql know-how for that.

theirs also the rss method as well to get posts from the forums, but I know of mods for ipb that accesses the ipb db's and shows it on your site I suggestion yo ugo to invisionize.com and check what they have.phpp I have no clue about but I guess the rss feed would do the same.

You can always do a site redirect from the domain domain.com/forums..
Whenever someone hits domain.com/forums, it will automatically redirect to the site which you've configured to be. It can be a particular topic or getting new topics since last log off. Redirects can be done in your cPanel. Otherwise, there's scripts to do redirect as well.

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript"> <!--  window.location="http://http://www.yourdomain.com/&%2334;; // --></SCRIPT>
Paste this script on the current index page of domain.com/forums. Remember that is method is however not recommended as the visitor will always be redirected everytime he/she tries to view the index page.