xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rldowling03

Google's Davinci Game Any1 signed up 4 this

Hi i just tried to sign up but didn't let me so i was wondering if anyone has andwhat it all about. all i know is that you get something to do every day for 24 days and you can win prizes. Anyone know wat you have to do and what you can win and also if anyone has signed up wat they think of it and tell a bit about what you have to do. Thanks, also i am looking forward to the movie. Should be a good movie maybe better than the book

Do you have a link to this? Google doesn't usually invoke itself in comercial projects like this, that's just nothing for Google, are you sure it isn't fake or maybe a joke or something?Do you have any more information?

Start the Quest: https://www.google.com/davincicode

The Da Vinci Code involves a thrilling murder investigation that unearths a secret that could change the course of history. The film opens on May 19th worldwide.

Beginning on April 17th (US, UK) / April 18th (AUS) you will embark on a quest that requires skill, intellect, and perseverance. For 24 days, you will encounter unique challenges. These daily puzzles will pull you deeper into the world of The Da Vinci Code. Answer all 24 puzzles correctly for a chance to win untold riches.

Only the worthy will prevail.

if anybody wants to view the FULL trailer of the movie online, you can try this link. :blink:

With the premiere of The Da Vinci Code film now less than a month away, Google is weaving its own web of intrigue following the release of a series of online puzzles linked to themes from the popular novel by Dan Brown.
The internet search engine is introducing a number of puzzles to Australian users over 24 days in the form of six different challenges with four levels of difficulty. The first puzzle went live yesterday.

Created in collaboration with Sony Pictures, the puzzles are based on themes and imagery from the movie and its lead character, Robert Langdon, a professor at Harvard University.

They will cover a range of themes including symbol challenges in which players must use their logic to drag the symbols onto a grid, restoration challenges based on identifying classic works of art, curator challenges related to hanging works of art, and chess challenges.

Observation challenges, in which players must watch movie clips to answer trivia questions, and geography challenges, that seek to unveil a specific location, will also feature in the series.

This is the search engine giant's first cross-promotion with a major film release as it seeks to attract a new base of subscribers. Those wanting to take part in the online quest must sign up for a free Google account.

On successful completion of all the challenges, competitors are then eligible to enter a draw for a number of prizes.

Google said that each of the daily puzzles would conclude with a riddle that will require contestants to interact with a number of its applications including Search, Maps, SMS and Video.

"A small group of us at Google, in co-operation with Sony Pictures, have managed to create 12,358 original puzzles for The Da Vinci Code Quest on Google," said Wei-Hwa Huang, a four-time World Puzzle Champion and Google software engineer.

"I'm rather pleased with how this project fulfilled my youthful dream, and very proud of how well our team's creative synergies were able to mesh with the world of The Da Vinci Code, the cinematic version of which will premiere just as the Quest wraps up," he said.

The site i believe is https://www.google.com.au/davinci if not just do a google search for it

Yes, i saw the trailler, i must see the movie, perhaps later night.Just a note, if you guys use the program named "google videorip", you can view the trailler and also save the movie (trailler) as well as tons of other free videos like this one and about other subjects.

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

Hi i just tried to sign up but didn't let me so i was wondering if anyone has andwhat it all about. all i know is that you get something to do every day for 24 days and you can win prizes. Anyone know wat you have to do and what you can win and also if anyone has signed up wat they think of it and tell a bit about what you have to do. Thanks, also i am looking forward to the movie. Should be a good movie maybe better than the book

It didn't let you because you must be a resindent of US, UK or Australia, and maibe you don't or are you?

I can´t too because i'm Portuguese!!

One funny thing that i noticed it's that the prizes are different, US, UK and Australia got different prizes! :blink:

Look here for the US prizes

Look here for the UK prizes

Look here for the Australian prizes

By the way, the link to the Google's Davinci Game is https://www.google.com/davincicode

I signed up for it and finished it. The puzzles were at first hard, but once you got used to what they were looking for, it became rather easy. I knwo the chances are slim, but I would like to win :)

maybe you wanna try this

sony ericsson launched da vinci code game and its really interesting and nice, if you win you go to paris :)

the competition is composed of two parts,the first part requires you to succesfully complete 6 online puzzles against clock count ,up to 16 participants with the best results will be selected as finalists to partcipate in the live sony erricson da vinci code trail paris which will take palce live in paris,during 4 days and will consist of a clue based treasure hunt to various locations. the participant with the best result will be the final winner and win the ultimate da vinci code trip ....

i surely enjoyed playing the game even though i didnt play to win a prize :)

here is the url http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/

My computer won't let me enter for it either. My version of flash or something is too low or some other strabge thing. So what is the prize for the US? I'd like to play it and I'd probably have fun playing it so it doesn't really matter if I won or not. I'm looking forward to the movie coming out anyway. Did any of you read the book? I did. It was really addicting and suspenseful. The movie is going to be excellent if it follows the book even remotely. Is anyone going to see the movie the exact day that it comes out? If so, tell us how you liked it without the plot of course.

the google-davinci redirect link (as posted in earlier posts) is not working anymore. you need to directly access the quest page via the Sony Pictures website: http://flash.sonypictures.com/movies/davincicodequest/

BUT the da vinci code quest on google has ended, even before the movie has been officially released worldwide may 18/19. the promotion closed 11.59pm, Thursday May 11th, 2006. since it was simply a promo for the movie, which is now playing in theaters worldwide, it is now moot discussing it further (unless of course, any trappers successfully played the quest to the finish :)).