xisto Community
rlineker

Do You Use Blogger? Vote In The Poll

Do You Use Blogger?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do You Use Blogger?

Vote In The Poll!

Notice from BuffaloHELP:

Xisto forum asks you to post contributes with quality, not quantity. Xisto forum asks you to post contributes with substance.

My mom uses it from family purpose. I set it up for her. I chose blogger instead of wordpress, which I am using, because it is less cumbersome for someone not so computer literate. There are less to configurate and blogger.com seems to have a good up time too. The bad thing is that it is less attractive then space from msn and there is no backup function provided. (In wordpress, you can export the sql database my phpmyadmin). Computer geeks would surely choose wordpress instead.

wow, i can't stop thinking this was a joke,...never heard of blogger;it's like everywhere on the internet written about it. But wordpress is beter and it gets less and less easier. I dunno if google anyway favours it's bloging system to get better publicity, so if i wanted a successfull blog i'd try to answer that question because i'd like to have the best rank in google, and if it is worse ranked than blogger than i'd choose blogger as a bloging platform, perhaps their payed version. I now have a blogger account but soon i hope to port it to a wordpress one as it offers me a better customizing experience.

I use blogger for some personal blogging as it provides free space where we can also put up our own advertisements. Blogger is one of the good things that have happened on the internet, I supposed. There are others which provide blogging space but place their ads on all the pages whereas you have complete freedom of your content at blogger.So, my simple answer would be a big YES.

if I was just to make a blog then I'd use blogger, but as I use blogs to add to my websites I use wordpress. blogs are great for showing customers that there's someone behind the website and that its current.

I use Blogger for a school project, but nothing more. Personally I don't like talking about myself over the internet, but there isn't much to talk about me either. I like to post news and stuff more, gaming news and stuff. I'm newsposter for a few websites etc, but this news is never about myself.

I use Blogger for the blog on my website. It's a good choice for someone who doesn't need a lot of extras on their blog. I've finally made a theme for it that intergrates right into my wesite so you don't notice it's from some other place.I have it set to publish onto my site here. I've found that this is a better option for me than installing wordpress or geeklog (what I was using before) from fantastico because 1) it takes up less of my space at trap 17, and 2) That part of the site will still run if the sql ever goes down.I do have some complaints about Blogger though, There are some pretty shifty sites using it. If you have that search bar on the top that says "next blog" that takes you to something random, sometimes your page might be linking to something x-rated or not suitable for the people who go to your site. You can turn of that bar in the template section of the control panel, though.

Well, I use blogger & I love it!
My both websites : Mayank & Software review are powered by Blogger only. I know most of the people think that it lacks many featuers which are their in other blog softwares but I've managed to easily incorporate all of them in the blogger too! So, I dont think that blogger is bad at all! infact it is one of the best as it creates the files in HTML & creates search engine friendly urls too! And the best feature...It is owned by GOOGLE! :rolleyes:

i used to use blogger as a personal online diary,but stopped after being hosted my makemebad.org.blogger is alot eaiser to use compared to using a subdomain.so,i prefer blogger than to anything else:)

This will sound strange, but I have 2 blogs set up on Blogger, and I haven't touched them since last year. I am not a person who blogs, I just can't write a blog like all these people do. I can barely manage to keep up with my schoolwork (even though I manage to get good grades in most subjects), let alone writing a blog.

There are not too many templates available at blogger.com and you simply cannot backup your site easily. That's why I dont like it. Also the commenting box is at another window, causing quite a lot of inconvenient. I think they can re-design their blogging scripts to make the blogging experience much pleasurable. Anyway, their server is very fast and is quite reliable. I like this very much.