xisto Community
illdevilinc

Ibm Thinkpad 600e

Hey everyone,The IBM Thinkpad 600e is a very old system but i am fixing it for a friend and need some advice. When the system boots up and gives an error code (8611) which i have found out to be the trackpoint. I need to figure out how to disable the trackpoint in eather BIOS CMOS Or WINDOWS XP. And for the users that have the same problem there is a boot bypass that i found. To do the boot bypass do the folowing1) Turn On Computer2) Let error message come up3) Press restart from the error message screen (the first one that pops up) 4) Hold down F1NOTE: Keep holding down F1 Until The error message goes away and keep holding even if it beeps. When Windows starts up you know that the Bypass Worked correctly.So if your having that problem do that and if you have a solution to my problem post it here for me.Thanks!