xisto Community
Inspiron

Template Re-design Request by Inspiron - Glassy 3D effect design required

Ok this is a template re-design request. Hence I believe I've posted in the correct forum and not in the sig or banner request forum. However, if a moderator thinks otherwise, please move it to the correct forum and PM me the actions done because I'll be tracking this topic.

I've got this template somewhere on the web. Now I would want it to change its look to some glassy effects like what we are seeing on the Vista system. However, redesigned tempate should follow closely to this original template. In short, I'm requesting for a glassy 3D effect version of this template. I've seen that many members here knows how to create glassy effects graphics hence this request should not be a big problem.

Posted Image

Original template download: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

To make the request short and simple to understand, I've made the requirements in the form of a list. I'll also follow the similar method of requesting like we use to in the sig request forum. Hopefully this get things understood easily.

Requirements

Re-designed web template that follows closely to the orginal design in the given link

Design should be of glassy effect similar to the Vista glass

Background should remain black in color

Designer may include or add additional elements to beautify overall effects

Additional elements added must follow based on the design theme

Text should be in glassy effect

Buttons, including hover buttons, should be in glassy effect

Hover buttons should be unique to the orginal buttons

You may use the image resource from the zip package file in the given link

Graphical Effects (based on sig request form)

Size: No limit. Based on template layout.

Theme: IT / Technology themed, follows closely to orginal template design. Design template becomes glassy effect interface.

Render: Allows designer to use his/her creativity, prefered to base on the theme

Render Theme: Allows designer to use his/her creativity, prefered to base on the theme

Color: Designer's preferences and creativity depending on design theme and render. Prefered mostly black glassy effect.

Text:

Based on orginal template image resource:

(filename) link_1.jpg - "About Myself"

(filename) link_2.jpg - "Blog"

(filename) link_3.jpg - "Photo Archive"

(filename) link_4.jpg - "Community"

(filename) link_5.jpg - "Feedback"

Font type and font size goes according to designer's preferences and creativity depending on design theme, render and part color.

Note: Require 2 images, the orginal and the mouse hover image, both based on glassy effect

Other effects: Allows designer to use his/her creativity, prefered to base on the theme, prefered to be outstanding or somewhat 3D and mirrored effect. Eye candy icons may also be added.

Terms and Conditions

I reserve the right to change or edit any of the requirements stated here

Continuous modification may be required until an eventual template satisfies me

Credit points may be awarded for a template that I truely like

I reserve the right to reject templates

What happens when your template is accepted

Upon successful completion of template, and once I've agreed to accept your template, the template shall then be of my property. However designer's name shall remain on the template.

I reserve the right to edit, modify, or remove any parts of the accepted template without any notice

After accepting a template, this request shall still remain open for 14 days from the day of acceptance. After 14 days if there isn't anymore templates submitted, credit points will be awarded to the last accepted template designer.

The number of credit points shall be discussed with the accepted template designer, and shall not exceed 20 credit points

I shall give a certain number of credits base on the work done on the template. The template designer will then be given a chance to request for higher points, not exceeding the 20 credit points limit, selling the good points and the work he/she has done.

I shall decide the final credit point to award

All messaging is to be done using the board private message (PM) system

I hope you have much fun redesigning this template into a glassy 3D look.

Before i give you a preview, i'd just want to say i dont want any credit, this includes points and name of designer (me). I have run out of ideas to add, but

Continuous modification may be required until an eventual template satisfies me.

So, i'll try to implement any ideas.
Preview: via PM.
Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

Thanks truefusion for helping me out. I've seen the preview. However it's slightly away from the orginal design. I would like a little more detail to the design with more transparencies involved.

Take alook at the orginal template, what I really like about it is the top left part where there's transparent layers and at the back are in more detail in terms where lines and curves are added. In this request, I'm alright with similar concepts just that I want to have more glass vista look, glowing and 3D features.

I don't feel good not giving you the credits if you've done an amount of work for this. Anyway, we'll look into credit points later.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Participant: truefusion

Edited by Inspiron (see edit history)

let me see what I can come up with , just give me a few days and ill give it a try

Thanks garbage... This request is remained opened until I'm satisfied with one completed design.
I'll be interested to see yours as well while waiting for truefusion's remodifications..

Ok, made some improvements. Kinda re-did some of the things. I think it looks better than the previous one. If you're concerned about the upper-right corner on it being empty, dont worry, i'm planning on adding something there. I just want to know if it's good so far.Preview via PM.

Ok, made some improvements. Kinda re-did some of the things. I think it looks better than the previous one. If you're concerned about the upper-right corner on it being empty, dont worry, i'm planning on adding something there. I just want to know if it's good so far.

Preview via PM.

I've seen the preview and I have to say honestly that I really like the menu and the content part. They really gives a glass effect. I'll give 10/10 for the glass effect. Good job. As I've been trying to work on glass effect, I know it's not easy doing it on a pure black background.

Here's something you can improve on: Change the red buttons to glassy silver that matches black well. Likewise for the divider or the title bar in the content part. Also in additional, make another slimmer version of that bar to act as a small divider, like what you see in the original template. Add some effects or shapes if necessary.

As for the top left logo, it's much better than the previous one. However, a little too messy in the reddish background. It's blends awesomely well though with the logo. Make it less complicated, or otherwise blend it more to the black side. I'll prefer some silver details in the reddish background. The logo is somewhat a big problem. It's too big.. Half its size should be good. Add more metalic effects to it's circumference. Towards the right of the logo is welly done..! That's another 10/10 for glass effect.

I'm very interested to see what's next on the logo part of the design

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the long delay! I've been busier this week than usual. Modified it a bit more, based on your preferences. Not sure if the background is still messy. Though, i think the bars could have some of their red back. What do you think?PM, again.

Sorry for the long delay! I've been busier this week than usual. Modified it a bit more, based on your preferences. Not sure if the background is still messy. Though, i think the bars could have some of their red back. What do you think?

PM, again.

I've compared this design with the previous design, and I prefer the previous one. It's too grayish-white on the top left. Try lower down the white tones and put more reflective black features like the detail on the right of the logo. The background should still say at the back, but strong, so the navigation box and content box reflective features stand out. The logo is better than the previous one. However the logo is a little too far from it's right detail. The distance is alright in the previous design. It can be wider than the previous design, but not too much.

The gray buttons in the navigation menu and the gray bars in the content area that I'm expecting are far darker with more reflective features. The smaller bar that I'm requesting is expected smaller by 1/2 of this size. The smaller bar in this design still seem too big.

I've also noticed a problem that the reflective features in the navigation area and content area are on top of the navigation buttons and dividers in the content area. The reflective features should be behind the buttons and the bars.

In addition, please also make an extra button for each of the buttons in the navigation menu for a mouse over effect. The additional button should also follow the reflective glass effect. You shall choose the color tones upon your professionalism. I'd prefer if you will add a glowing neon effect the each mouse over button. Also, I will need 2 more set of buttons to add on in the navigation menu, namely "Video Archive" and "Music Archive". The order of arrangement of all the buttons from top is, "About Myself", "Blog", "Photo Archive", "Video Archive", "Music Archive", "Community", "Feedback".

I'd also prefer that the navigation area box's width be smaller, making a wider width for the content area. However the resulting total width of the template, from left most to right most, should be around 800px. Also, I'd prefer the navigation button font size be smaller.

I guess this is more or less going to complete. I'm very excited on this design. You've been doing great!

Edited by Inspiron (see edit history)

I'm pretty sure i modified everything according to your request. I also fixed up a few things, the way it was, was a bit too plain. This should be good for slicing. Of course, any more changes i'll take care of.Of course, Preview via PM.

I'm pretty sure i modified everything according to your request. I also fixed up a few things, the way it was, was a bit too plain. This should be good for slicing. Of course, any more changes i'll take care of.

Of course, Preview via PM.

truefusion, you are doing very well in designing.. I really like your design alot and your efforts in making this template proper for me. There's still some last touch=ups before finalising and slicing up the template for html.

Let me start commenting from the top of the design. The logo certainly looks better than the previous few designs. You've in fact shown very good glass designing which in future you may use this skill for sig designs. However the middle shape art inside the red circle wasn't my cup of tea. I would prefer something without much sharp edges. The current one has too much. Actually I'd prefer this template to be more technological themed. Somewhat it has now became a gaming theme. Hence it will be best if you can change the shape to something technological. Probably a 3D grid or something related to technology.

The size of the nagivation area is perfect and I like it very much. Thank you. I've no further requirements for it already. I realised you've added another bother link for it and it looked awesome. Likewise to the smaller divider in the content area, the size is perfect. However, I would like to see another screenshot with the mouseover effects on one of the buttons in the navigation menu.

Here's what I would like to request on this design. I would like to add a text based on the template design theme. The size should not be so large and should be placed above the content area, right aligned and should not exceed the right bother of the content area. The text is "chungyew.co.nr". You shall decide on the background for the text and text renders with your professionalism, however it should be based on the template theme.

Ive been working with flash for the past couple of weeks. This is a simple outcome of my website, I turned the banner into flash.

Im also going to add some storm weather and make his eyes glow. Hit me up with a pm if you need any flash help. Here is the site:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Ive only been working with it a couple of weeks, im still learning all the fancy stuff atm. Yea but basic, its easy. :)

Ive been working with flash for the past couple of weeks. This is a simple outcome of my website, I turned the banner into flash.
Im also going to add some storm weather and make his eyes glow. Hit me up with a pm if you need any flash help. Here is the site:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Ive only been working with it a couple of weeks, im still learning all the fancy stuff atm. Yea but basic, its easy. :)

Would you do an animated splash screen in flash that I can edit the link pointing to when clicked on the flash in an xml file? The renders and requirements are descripted in my first post. Terms and conditions apply.

Mods applied. Also, preview of hover effect is in the image.Preview via PM.