xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dvalkass

Stratergy For Age Of Empires Iii

I have been playing Age of Empires III for some time now and after talking to some experts have found a very good strategy to use to win multiplayer games (or games agains a computer). This strategy is called the FF (Fast Fortress), basically you try and reach the fortress age (3rd age) as quick as possible to have better units to overpower the enemy. This works best with the Spanish and German civilizations. Heres my Spanish FF:

As the game starts put most of you villies on food hunting, the rest collect the crates.

as soon as you have 100 food make a villager from your TC (towncentre).

set the gather point for villagers on a huntable animal, so once a villager is created he starts automatically hunting.

Build a house with wood you got from the crates. Don't stop making villagers until you have 13.

As soon as you have a HC (homecity) shipment send the 3 villager card. with your 13 villies and the 3 card ones you will ahve 16 villies, DON'T get any more than this for now!

Click age up on your TC when you have 800 food.

For the age up the tower and 200 gold option is more useful, but the 500 food will give you more speed.

You should start to age up around 2:40 of game time. If you do this you'll reach Age 2 around 4:10.

While ageing up take some villies off food and put them on gold untill you have mined 300 gold. Now return them to food.

As soon as you can send the 700 gold HC shipment. If this was done right when the gold shipment arrives you should have almsot 1200 food and 300 gold when it arrives. Collect the gold with most of you villagers. Now age up when you have the 1000 Gold and 1200 Food, this should be around 5:10 resulting in getting to the 3rd age (Fortress age) around 6:30-6:40.

How to improve.

Ageing up with only 15 villagers instead of 16 saves 25 seconds!

Good villager micro means shaving off maybe 3-4 seconds at the beginning, it may not sound much but every second counts.

Collect treasures with your Explorer. If you can collect some of the high rewarding gold and food treasures this saves time, Exp. treasures also save time as you cang et the HC shipments quicker.

As you'll be in colonial age (2nd age) for around 1 minute if your Eco was managed corectly you could make 1 or 2 extra villies.

Your third shipment should be 700 wood, spend some on a trading post on a trade route, some on houses.

HC Cards that are needed.

3 villagers

700 gold

700 wood (Optional)

5 villagers (Optional)

Military cards (once in age 3 you will want to ship in military to make an army)

General tips.

Villie Micro- when hunting walk your villies the other side of the huntables so they are inbetween the villies and your TC, this way when you shoot them they will be nearer your TC saving you same vital seconds.

Cards- The cards are vital, it is very hard to pull this off without the rigt cards. *Many of these cards will nead your HC to have been levelled up before hand*

HC Level- To get your HC high enough to have these cards I suggest 'Comp Stomping' get a few friends together online and set up a game you versus a few computer players. Put the difficulty on hard/expert (depending on how good you are) and play them for Exp.

Military- You will want to know what units to get to counter theirs. Unless you are going for a raid where you just want a few units maybe 15-20.

Scouting- this is vital, scout your enemies base, find where his villies are gathering and what military he is making. Perhaps raid his villies with some cavalry.

Variations.

You can build a trade post in age 1 for Exp. But it will put you back anything up to 1:00 of time.

You could go mad on treasure hunting and find lots of Exp. treasures to boost your HC shipments, this way you could send the 5 villager card if you have it.

Well thats the end of my Guide to the Spanish FF for Age opf Empires III. I hope this helps many of you to your online game domination. Any ideas or changes please feel free to comment.

I have played, an sometimes I meet someone who can build fortress with Musketeers, have I seen and multiple of Fortress.Thats enoying, when it is not you that build them! :-}I must be a card - or something. - But how to get this card?Can anybody help me?-reply by Ergin Miller

I have played, an sometimes I meet someone who can build fortress with Musketeers, have I seen and multiple of Fortress.Thats enoying, when it is not you that build them! :-}I must be a card - or something. - But how to get this card?Can anybody help me?-reply by Ergin Miller

Replying to FeedBackerHey...I think you are referring to the ability Russian Musketeers have to build forts. This ability is the result of a card, and that card is not found in the regular AOE III game. Its only found in the AOE III War Chiefs expansion pack.

I have been playing AoE 3 for a while but I don't know how to reach age 5 in skirmish, could someone please help me out?-reply by Thys