xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mayank

New Service By Google! Its called Google Calendar

Today google has officialy launched its calendar service.

You can access it from
https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=cl&passive=1209600&continue=
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/=
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It allows you to share your calendar with the rest of the world and that will even come up in the search results!

There is no sign ups required..simply use your google account and there you go!

Well, this is not very impressive but it?s still a new service (they don?t stop). And there?s the advantage with google new services that you can use them with your gmail account and pass, so it?s easy to attract people to check them out.

Well, this is not very impressive but it´s still a new service (they don´t stop). And there´s the advantage with google new services that you can use them with your gmail account and pass, so it´s easy to attract people to check them out.

Well, Did you check the service and its unique features. If you havent then check them out because there are so many features that other calendar services are no where near it. And that is why I'll say it is really impressive :angry:

Not that impressive eh.. well the next time you can write a web based calender and have it automatically recognise new events based on the text of emails then I may believe you on that one.Anyway I myself have only just began using this service, and I must admit I haven't used any other online calender services, but then again with this I don't need to, now if they can just make it send me an email as a reminder (unless I just didn't look hard enough) that would be great.anyway this appears to be another great service from Google, doing what they do best taking a tried and tested idea and adding that Google touch, I know if this turns out be even half as good as Gmail (and initial feelings suggest it is) then I will be happy.Update 1: Ok so I found how to get it to send emails as reminders.Update 2: It can send text messege reminders to your phone.Update 3: It can send you an email at 5am which contains all the events form that day.

Edited by dontmaimyourself (see edit history)

I haven't used this service yet and I"m about to login and begin using it. Its really neat i think that they have that now.. Right when I was in search of an online calender with the basic functionality of sending me emails when things happen. I used the aol.calendar.com one. But now that google has this i'm going to use it. Wow.... its like a dream come true. They're almost fulfilling my every computer needs.

So lets recap:

Google maps allows google to know where you are. Gmail and Google talk allow google to know what you're saying and doing. Google toolbar allows google to know what's on your computer. Google calendar knows when you're planning on doing everything.

Next: Google Vote! Vote for your chosen Democracy/Monarchy/Oligarchy from the comfort of your own home. Google Social Security Database! Access birth, death, and marriage records with the blazing speed of Google search. Now handily integrated into your gmail account for easy lookup.

Don't get me wrong, I really like a lot of google's software. I have friends working for Google. However, it's turning into more of a monopoly than Microsoft ever was. I'm not the biggest fan of centralized, omnipresent control.

Google Calendar was predicted several months before after the code snippet showed the further enhancements to GMail account. Now GMail is not linked with Google Calender but it will be connected soon. A great anc cool innovative service from Google.