xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
a_man

Internet Dating Currently in a e-relationship atm..

Ok here is the story, I met this girl playing xbox live about a year and a half ago.... I seen her on webcam plenty of times and we exchanged tons of pictures. For the last 6-7 months we been talking on the phone damn near everynight.. her parents know about us and I am suppose to go see her this summer at the end of june. I am really nervous but I really do like her and I want to try and make this work. The only bad thing is I am 19 and she is 16.. but like I said her parents know we really like each other and they said it's okay if I come visit. No I am not going to have sex with her even if she wants to, and sure im a guy but I've turned it down before I can do it again :angry: Has anyone on here experienced anything like this.. if so I need some advice.. or .. anything.. lolEdit: er.. im a little new to these forums didn't see the relationships part of the forum.. if someone was kind enough to move this for me that would be great.. lol

Edited by a_man (see edit history)

The thing that you have to remember is not to expect too much. (I'm not talking about sex here, but don't try that either, you don't want to get in trouble.) I don't know what sorts of things you've talked about on the phone, but you can't go into this thinking that everything is going to be just as great as it is on the phone or over the internet. You can't go in and expect to be totally comfortable. It's a bit like starting over, in a way. There's a tremendous amount of things that you don't know about each other. So I suggest that you go in with a positive attitude but go slow and know that there's a chance that things won't go as smoothly as you've imagined. But don't get discouraged. Good luck and don't try anything funny, she's a minor. :angry:

Edited by brandice (see edit history)

Hmm well to me metting someone over the internet seems sorta strange. I mean if you have a nice relationship now and have had a good time together meaning that you know each other well thats great! But to me I like to keep things close. I like to meet people face to face in the first place. I have to be able to judge people by the way they look and the way they interact with me face to face to get a better understanding of what type of person they are and what their persolnal values are relationship wise. This is just my thought, if things are working out, well swell then! :angry:

you should observe more about her first. There are alot of things that cannot be connected through the "internet". As good as the internet is it cannot show a person's complete personality. Don't rush through things... lol..like one of the person said above.. she's a minor. .AAHAHA so don't do anything funny... lolshe must be really brave... to go and meet a strange guy (as in never met in real life). HAHAH. . I know some girl her age is still too scare to take the city bus to the mall. .which i found funny.

Someone already said, things that work out greatly over the internet, or phone, don't neccessarily need to work out greatly in person, or "live"... You should be cautios, and go in slowly, not to be freatly dissapointed if things don't go as you intended them... On the other hand, things may go even better than you imagined :lol:As for her being a minor, you should watch out for that :lol: Sadly, girls i my country tend to chase older guys, and actualy have sex starting at 15 or 16 years, with guys as much as 10+ years older than them.... Sad thing, and annoying... I'm 25, and I hate when children chase me (and by children, I mean anyone who is 6+ years youger than me :lol:)... be smart, and don't get stuck in prison:PWe'll keep our fingers crossed, hope this all works out for you as you intended it...

go for it man, hope you can resist not having sex. parents will be watching close. plus, this isn't a time for that anyway. it's time to get to know 'r in person. if you're nervous, you gotta know that she is too. take it slow and enjoy. you already connected on the net, now be patient in connecting in person. it's a little different, but not much if you both have things in common and enough things in common to at least meet her

Ok here is the story, I met this girl playing xbox live about a year and a half ago.... I seen her on webcam plenty of times and we exchanged tons of pictures. For the last 6-7 months we been talking on the phone damn near everynight.. her parents know about us and I am suppose to go see her this summer at the end of june. I am really nervous but I really do like her and I want to try and make this work. The only bad thing is I am 19 and she is 16.. but like I said her parents know we really like each other and they said it's okay if I come visit. No I am not going to have sex with her even if she wants to, and sure im a guy but I've turned it down before I can do it again :lol:
Has anyone on here experienced anything like this.. if so I need some advice.. or .. anything.. lol

Edit: er.. im a little new to these forums didn't see the relationships part of the forum.. if someone was kind enough to move this for me that would be great.. lol

here's another thing, you do also have to take her parents into consideration, as they might also be different 'in real life' snd realize this isn't what they want for their child. I'm sorry to put a sort of pessimistic spin on the whole thing but that was one thing that I never thought to take into consideration before my big meeting with a stranger (that I talked to for a year and a half, everyday) from the internet, "what could go wrong and what am I going to do about it?"

Just take things slowly. When you first meet her, don't go rushing in and hold her hands and stuff. she might get freaked out. Meeting somebody on the internet and meeting them in real life is quite different. Mind you, shes young! and so please be careful. Wait till shes a bit older like 18.... When you first meet her, you have to give an impression that you are trust worthy. Her parents are also watching over you. You have to give them a good impression too. Don't make the first move yet... and dont have sex! many guys on the internet meet up just to have sex..... you have to be different. I will tell you my story. I am in a relationship with my gf who i met first on the internet. We have been dating for almost a year now. she is a very beautiful girl and i was instantly attracted to her. She was interested in me because i had a sense of humor and i wasn't like the other guys who were just interested in sex. I didn't rush into this relationship. she asked my phone number first... we talked for several hours everyday. and then she was the first person to ask me to meet her after 3 months. I always waited for her to ask me first. i was quite reluctant though. i was worried that she would be disappointed in me. she thought i was some special person but i know im just normal. i gave excuses and didnt see her at the first chance. i told her honestly that i was very nervous and other stuff about how i was feeling. after 6 months, we agreed to meet each other. we met in a busy shopping mall where there were many people around. when you first meet somebody its a lot safer to meet in a public place. our first meeting was really strange. i was really nervous and she was too. lol. we talked in the cafe and afterwards we got used to each other. she was exactly the same as on the internet so i was quite comfortable. she also told me that i was the same. i will cut the story short.. its too long... but anyway we met several times and we are still having a fantastic relationship. as long as you are honest and trustworthy i think your meeting may go nicely... good luck!

I don't really believe in the whole internet dating thing. In many cases, pictures someone sends you or hosts are often fake and sometimes referred to as "angle shots". These pictures aren't the real person, they're just pictures made to look like they fit together. Also many times relationships over the internet don't end up working out. There are too many problems to be faced. But, consider e-harmony. That site claims that it compares people on 29 different dimensions of compatibility. To me, these are lies. Sure you can enter things about your religion, age, likes, etc. But whose to say that the information someone else posted on that site is true? They could have made that information up. Also, you are much older and she is not yet an adult. Although I hope your relationship grows and lasts, it's not likely. And also don't rush the relationship as many others here have said. Take your time and get to know eachother. Many times people over the internet do not see eachother in real life, so I think this could be a good opportunity for you. Make sure you make a good impression, and always be kind and considerate.