xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brewok

How to setup DNS server in Linux Slackware

Please help me how to set dns server in linuk slackware

Notice from mayank:
Moved from what is.. forum to operating systems. Please note that what is... section is not to ask question but to explain things. Also, Just writing these one-liners doesnt contribute much in the forum, so make sure that when you ask question you have to be explain each and everything and then only someone will be able to help you.

How to configure DNS in Ubantu linux??

There is no named.Conf and no zone files in ubatu

-question by Hemang Vyas

How well do you know Linux? Slackware has a bit of a reputation for being a harder distro to use, I recommend something a lot simpler like Ubuntu, I'm sure it can still get the job done just as well.

where can i get caching-name server for linux enterprise 3 AS

Dear all

I want to configure DNS server but in my installation CD I did not get caching-nameserver.

Where can I get caching-nameserver for linux enterprise 3 AS.

And how to install it.

I am using windows for internet browsing.What I suppose to do now.

Al amin

-reply by al aimn

Replying to iGuestIf you understand Indonesian laguage you can look at bayuart.Wordpress.Com/2007/08/23/slackware-setup-dns-server-dengan-dnsmasq/If you don't you can use bind or dnsmasq.But firstly you must edit /etc/resolv.Conf and /etc/hostsSorry I cant talk many because we must to much studing if used a Slackware. Some poeple say "Slackware Is Mom For LINUX"-reply by Allang

Notice from mayank:
Moved from what is.. forum to operating systems. Please note that what is... section is not to ask question but to explain things. Also, Just writing these one-liners doesnt contribute much in the forum, so make sure that when you ask question you have to be explain each and everything and then only someone will be able to help you.

I would recomend using a HOWTO found here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Hope it helped.

Jesse