xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
master_bacarra

Ever Had Failing Grades?

how do you deal with failing grades, i mean, if you ever had some that is.i'm not supposed to talk about stuff about myself that are too personal, but i guess the sinking feeling just got into me so hard that i just can't help but ask. i guess misery loves company and i'm trying to look for someone else's misery so as to not make me feel alone. sorry.the sem at school just ended and i just found out that i flunked 3 out of 5 of my subjects, and not because i failed on purpose but because i failed out of making a wrong decision (and people around me making wrong decisions that affected my grade)--it's a long story, to cut short, i chose to sacrifice some subjects over another only to realize that the sacrifice wasn't worth it. i haven't told my parents yet because i know they're gonna go berserk over the fact that i failed. and the guilt is totally killing me from within. it's summer vacation right now and i can't even enjoy it because of the stress brought by these subjects. i'm taking my time off to rest my mind but i feel like i can't do it because of the burden brought by not being able to tell my parents about it.i know you're gonna say, "just tell them, they would understand, or at least they will try", and that's what i'm thinking right now, but knowing my parents, they're not gonna let this pass by without giving me some dose of their pep talk that i sometimes don't even find helpful. and if i tell them about my failing grade this early part of the vacation, it feels as if my vacation wouldn't be worth it because i know it'll just be full of "lectures" enough for me to have another guilt-trippin'. and if i tell them about it before the enrollment of the sem in june, the thought of not telling them about it is just going to bug me the entire vacation, in turn wouldn't allow me to rest mentally--and it would take a toll on me physically and emotionally later on.to sum it all up, should i:1. tell them about the failing grades now, or;2. tell them about the failing grades before the new semester in june starts.:angry: :sigh: when it comes to decision making i'm such a klutz...

Looks like you're going to feel guilty all summer, either way... what a bummer.I'd try to tell supportive people right off... or people who are involved with your life; they have the right to know? I guess either way, they're your parents, and they love you?I guess I would give different advice to someone who was in middle school than I would to someone who was in college, though... stuff changes.Either way, good luck... don't bum out all summer, learn from your mistakes and do better next year.Oh.. and if they're going to find out eventually... tell them sooner rather than later... wont they just get more upset if they know you hid it for months?

Just tell them right now. Of course they will get angry and you will have to listen to their words but... they?re your parents, they just can?t let this happens without saying a word. They feel responsible of your failing and want you not to do the same again. If you tell the truth later, they?ll know that you have been hiding it and they will be even more mad.

I got a failing grade on my second semester on my first year at the university. I did not really feel bad about it, because i believe I deserved the grade. I had to take the subject again on summer class, and actully the subject wasn't that difficult, it was a mathematics related to engineering and architectural design. I even topped that summer class. And after that I got other failing grades and it just came as an ordinary thing to me. hehehe

Been there, done that, a few times. It won't get any easier to tell them later, only thing about that is you get to carry the weight of the not-telling, and all the guilt and stuff you are feeling, around by yourself. And they won't like to find out later any more than now, so best thing is to knuckle under, bite the bullet and let them know as soon as possible.Remember that these failing grades don't make YOU a failure. It only means that you didn't work hard enough or study the right amount this last term. With a bit of effort, and the knowledge of this experience of a failing term, you should do well in the same courses next semester. Good Luck on it.

I barely passed English the last two years - and it was my fault. I refused to do work. I got 65's across the board (in my elementary school, which I have graduated from since, thank G-d, 65 is the passing line) in English. The teacher is very good - and now that I am in high school, where I need to turn my brains on - I am doing much better.

Well, I have gotten failing grades before. Spanish has almost killed my grade. I always have hated the teachers. When I was in middle/high school, every teacher that I disliked, I failed that class. It's sad. I regret that. But...for some reason, the teachers that I didn't like, they didn't like me, too. I guess they knew I didn't like them. They would treat me differently from the class, giving me disadvantages.With that happening, I got even worse grades, which made me even angrier. Then I finally stopped all these temper tantrums and started to "try" to like the teacher and study more. I eventually passed the classes, and now I'm in college almot completing school.Whenever I have bad grades, I, in my opinion, find it better to look at what I did wrong, instead of the teacher/proffesor's fault. I would ask myself questions like..."Did I study enough? Did I try my hardest? Was I daydreaming?"Maybe you will feel much better if you liked the teacher...maybe it's because you have a bad study habit. I'm not sure, but maybe you can find the problem yourself. Best Regards.

Edited by BordaForx (see edit history)

Well you should probably go ahead and tell your parents that you are not going to pass those classes. Tell them why also, so that when the avtual time comes that they get the report cards that it will not be as much of a shock. Also if your parents are like mine they are going to ask how long that you knew about this and then you will probably end up making something up for that. Telling them the bad news now will let you have a little more freedom and your parents will respect you more for coming out and saying the truth to them. Doing this might also limit the amount of punishment that you might recieve. Trust me on fact for this one. I have gone through this situation. Not as drasticaly that you, but never the less I have faced it. I have found that letting them know before hand has made things alot easier for me along the line.

well,i had that before...about 2 years agoi failed in a disliked subject because it was full of dull idea(u must recite 1 time,2 times...),then i try to pass it again but failed twice...which made me so depressed.however,i thought that it was not a interesting subject,if i could not pass it,how could i to say what i like,what i can do...with the stimulation,i pass it eventually.so it is not bad thing for you if you have failed grade,to think over and try to pass it again. :angry:

Last year i had a shocker at uni due to lack of motivation and the lack of organisation (concentrated on other things), grades suffered as a result. The next semester was slightly better passing over half of the subject, but in general I still had a shocker last year, had to bite the bullet with parents yelling over the poor results :angry: , but the second semester did have a few factors with a close one passing away, plus a few minor injuries (from basketball and football).I'm doing much better this term though, getting my head down and into it after last years definite wake up call :angry: