xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TOMFINCH101

Nintendo Remote

Has anyone seen the remote for the new next generation console the nintendo revolution. Instead of the normal joystick format it is the same shape as an ordinary remote and allows the user to play real full length games in the same sort of way that the playstation does with its eye toy program.

Yea, it looks like a really hard way to control a game. I would think that it would be more confortable to use hands side by side rather than one in front of the other. I will just have to see what it is like when it comes out. I must say that nintendo did come up with a very unique controller system.

yeah the remote works the same way a 7 year old works with a racing game. Say for example you are playing a racing game on the revolution the remote will have to be turned itself (no pressing any analogue sticks) to turn the car itself.i think this is a really good idea.

I saw that a many months ago. Honestly (being the Nintendo fan that I am), I think that it is a great idea. No other console company has ever decided on such a simple design (after all, we use remotes every day for the TV). Plus, the motion sensitive feature of it is also pretty cool. There will, however, bee an analog stick attachment for the controller (I forget what they called it, but the name was in Japanese. I'm not even 100% sure if the attachment will be released to other countries, but I'd say that it will). Anyway, I hope that it turns out to be as cool as it looks.

I would have to say, out of all the new-gen consoles, the Nintendo revolution controller is probably the best.The PS3's looks like a bannana mixed with a boomerang, I don't know how i'm going to get used to it..The xBox360 doesn't count since its just the same controller as the old xbox but with a paint job :lol:.

I would have to say, out of all the new-gen consoles, the Nintendo revolution controller is probably the best.
The PS3's looks like a bannana mixed with a boomerang, I don't know how i'm going to get used to it..

The xBox360 doesn't count since its just the same controller as the old xbox but with a paint job :lol:.

I completely agree. People are running out of ideas. I think i heard microsoft say they wanted xbox 360 to look like a toaster or something anyway.

I don't like the controller. Sure it is original. Sure it unique. But it is too small. I want a control that fits in my grip. Not a controller that is 2d.
Edited by loyal (see edit history)

i think it really cool that they went with the remote. It might look hard to handle but i am sure they wouldnt have done it if it where going to be like that. But you never know. I am really waiting to try the new nintendo when it come out.

There going to have add-ons with the remote so you wont be totally like 'wtf' One hand you willl have the controller, the other you will have an accessory or somethinh of the such.

I haven't really heard abuot this new Nintendo Remote, but it sounds interesting. For example, being able to control racing cars by controlling from a normal remote control.I remember the old Nintendo systems, where there used to be just normal handheld game controllers interacting with basic games.It's fascinating how technology's improving nowadays.

Edited by sportytalk (see edit history)

First off a attachment with the analog controller is called a nunchuk

Second:
The design of the control is so users can feel the interface of the game itself. IT was design so people can control the controller like they would in the game.

For more information on the controller go to the lank
nintendo controller

First off a attachment with the analog controller is called a nunchuk
Second:
The design of the control is so users can feel the interface of the game itself. IT was design so people can control the controller like they would in the game.
For more information on the controller go to the lank
nintendo controller

thanks for the link ;d it really does seem like an interesting way to play. very unique, i quite like it. reminds me of an ipod though, ipods piss me off lol. well nintendo are coming back after the release of teh ds neway. the touchscreen for the ds was also pretty interesting. its kicking the psp harrdcore. although this is a big gamble, if its successful nintendo will come back big time. but it seems they still have their eyes set at a younger audience, the controller kinda leans towards how a child would play. :T

well, well done to nintendo yet agai nfor tryign to be differernt and innovative.If they succeed, its because of thigns like this.. . . i mean their system is no way on the same level as the xbox360 in terms of graphics and power, let alone the PS3, so thigns liek this will be its hook, as well as the relatively low price on comparrison.The remote could take a whiel to get used too, but could be alot of fun if it works aswell as it's advertised in its promo video :blink:Kudos to nintendo