xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dizilluziondmasokist

Why Are Commercials Getting So Retarded?

Your pity can hardly match the magnitude of my envy...haha. Maybe I would start watching more TV if commercials were eradicated from popular culture. Of course, the economy would subsequently collapse, but what gives? DISTURBANCE-FREE VIEWING EXPERIENCE! WOO! I'd be able to watch my Viva La Bam in peace, a show that is, if I must say it, a crazy freakin' show. I highly advise everyone to watch at least one episode, even you MTV-haters! Rock on!

I love adverts or Commercials. I think they are one of the best parts of tv, call me crazy. The're stupid so you remember them. If someone walked up in a suit and said 'Buy Xisto Hosting' would you remember it? You might mixed with all these other stupid commercials but thats off the point. I don't think theres anythink wrong with stupid commercials. No one cares of people make fools of themselfs, right?

So true...the stupidity of commercials is what makes them so unforgettable. I must admit, corporate America is brilliant for utilizing such clever marketing. If I could make millions by strategically ticking people off, I would certainly take advantage of the opportunity. Generally speaking, however, I don't exactly have that talent, haha. I guess I can work on it... ;) heh heh heh

I've gotta say there's absolutely more than one side to it, as everything. Of course the current commercials of today are worse than any other time- it makes us all dumber by day, really. And then there is the on-flood of every single banner ad you've ever seen that promises great fortunes of products by whacking what... a santa? a laughless joke of some programmer? (Not to burn Xisto- I was actually amazed to see ads that were relevant for once, and paying for your hostee's no-ad sites by having pay per <- snipped -> on your own is absolutely awesome) And let's not forget the endless half-brained ideas in almost every reality show released these days... It makes me laugh- because, when reading the mention of the excessive use of sprawling green fields in drug ads I was reminded of "the purple pill"- nexium, i believe... hahaha- the commercial with it's usual green fields, almost magical floating purple pills everywhere, and multitudes of old people and middle aged adults with expressions that almost potrayed their "seeing the light" by talking to their doctor and making their life heaven. And now that drug has been completely recalled... haha.but, of course there's still the genius minds in art institutes and amazingly inventive and inspired companies alike across the nation... I am continually inspired by the artistry in marketing and design institutes, in companies that actually dare to be inspired- it is truly amazing and awesome.}

I've gotta say there's absolutely more than one side to it, as everything. Of course the current commercials of today are worse than any other time- it makes us all dumber by day, really. And then there is the on-flood of every single banner ad you've ever seen that promises great fortunes of products by whacking what... a santa? a laughless joke of some programmer? (Not to burn Xisto- I was actually amazed to see ads that were relevant for once, and paying for your hostee's no-ad sites by having pay per <- snipped -> on your own is absolutely awesome) And let's not forget the endless half-brained ideas in almost every reality show released these days... It makes me laugh- because, when reading the mention of the excessive use of sprawling green fields in drug ads I was reminded of "the purple pill"- nexium, i believe... hahaha- the commercial with it's usual green fields, almost magical floating purple pills everywhere, and multitudes of old people and middle aged adults with expressions that almost potrayed their "seeing the light" by talking to their doctor and making their life heaven. And now that drug has been completely recalled... haha.

but, of course there's still the genius minds in art institutes and amazingly inventive and inspired companies alike across the nation... I am continually inspired by the artistry in marketing and design institutes, in companies that actually dare to be inspired- it is truly amazing and awesome.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats an extreamly good point. Google ads are some of the worst. Some guy from a layer company did a test. He gmailed himself an advertisement of his company, and the google ads showed a rival companys advert! I agree with you more than myself.}

I love the new YOP yogurt drink commercial. It makes me crack up. They animate their mouth to look really big. Yop Me Momma...Yop Me Momma....Funny but I dont drink my yogurs ....ick!

Theres another for a pain medicie. A lady in her office says to another lady, "My wrists are on fire" Its so stupid that its funny.

The don't like that Hyundai commercial. The one where they're comparing it to a BMW or something, and at the end the narrator says, "But the BMW does come with more cup holders." Why don't they just put in an extra cup holder? Then they wouldn't have to say that.There was also a new Hyundai commercial out that was based on the same style. Only at the end of this one, the narrator says (something along the lines of), "But the BMW is faster." I'm sure he doesn't say exactly that... I'll have to watch it again. But the point is, it's not a very good commercial.I can't quite remember them at the moment, but hopefully I'll across them again.There's a television show called Ad Persuasion, where they analyze commercials and say why it's so good. Some of the commercials they choose are pretty good. But I've also never seen some of them before. The show is on a channel called TV Tropolis and it airs on Saturdays some time between 9:00PM and 11:00PM. I'm not sure if anyone gets that station, but if you do, spend a night and watch it.