xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  

Direct X Problem A Problem with Direct 3D

Hi there!i've got a problem with my computer. my motherboard died a few weeks ago, so i had to replace it.with my new A7N8X-XE i de- and reinstalled windows xp, installed the nvidia-driver and then direct x 9c.so, happy about my new mainboard and my new processor (amd athlon xp 2400+), i wanted to play a game, witch uses direct 3d from direct x. it says, that is recommanded using direct x 9.0 and i wonder.the ?games i tried are: NFS UG, NFS MW, "Der Industriegigant" and the direct 3d version of counterstrike.next i wanted to play videos such as AVI and my system crashed.i reinstalled my system abput 23 times a week and tried all drivers from nvidia and all direct x from 7.1 to 9.0c.what can it be?Forgot: graphigs adapter is a NVIDIA geforce 6600 GT

Edited by 2091 (see edit history)

It could be the reason that you've installed a wrong driver and hence it crashed. Your video card basically don't regconise the commands given by your computer due to the wrong drivers installed. Try verify which is the correct driver, reformat your computer and install your driver once. Installing it twice may crash so avoid it.