xisto Community
lairz

Windows Will Be On Macs

This is really an interesting news, i bet you all remember few months ago when apple implemented intel processor on theire new machines, it was a pretty shocking news since the rivality of both companys, it seems that apple is finnally twisting his arm. Few days ago Apple annunced that windows would be a choice for mac users, actually you can have windows in a mac machine, but you need special emulator, and at the end it makes it slow and bad performance, but right now apple will put a feature in their machines that will let you switch between os, without compromicing performance and resources. And actually it,s a really bold and smart move, cause there out there a lot of Windows users that loves macs look and macs performance but hates mac os and the lack of compatibility with other software , in fact i am one thos guys, lol.

Maybe this is the beginning of a change in apples company objectives. But the simply fact that you would be able to run windows on mac, certainly will get THOUSANDS of more users to mac machines.

You can check the news herecheck it

Post your comments on thi change in apple

bye dudes

:angry:

I think it would be awesome! I like the look of the macs but every thing seems like it has to have an adaptor to run on Mac. I have never had a mac. One of the reasons being that every thing is more convineint on Windows. Is the price different? I know you can get a good Computer for about $800(more or less) but I never really looked into macs. Whats the scoop?

Why would you love mac look but hate mac os ?oke diferent question, why would you love mac but love windows :angry:stupid windows, its slow enought on PC i cant imagine it on mac.Im not for any of that solution, if you need something for biznis, you will use windows usualy, if you need for servers and for advanced users you will use linux.And MAC will be used only if you have windows and linux but you have more money that you should... :angry:

already mac pc use can windows quite before years with some kind of software.....now their is new free something call BOOTCAMP ..i supposeAll Profit will be gain by Microsoft which will be adding advantage over mac which cant be use on normal win boxwat say

I'm not that suprised, apple has never really been in the software game. It's always been about the hardware and new and diffrent designs, take the newton, hardware; iPod, hardware; even Macs, hardware. So to allow people to use windows just seems like a natural move.

Actually, that is similar to the boot loader for Linux. Apple is using something called the Boot Camp to dual boot between the Mac OS and the Windows OS.
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/35338-apple-boot-camp-dual-boot-mac-os-with-windows/

This is a very smart move from Apple because it indirectly welcome it's competitor's customers to use Apple products. Apple is well know for its sleek and innovative hardware design simply based on translucent white color. Everyone loves the Apple designs of their hardware as they are unique. Now Apple include this dual booting software to allow its users to boot into Windows. Hence it attracts Windows users to buy an Apple computer as it kills two birds: the sleek and unique hardware design and the Windows OS. Apple can win the back some market share as it's computer sales becomes higher. Like me, the next machine I'd be buying would probably be an Apple. I just love it's design and hope to own one. I've went to the Apple Center yesterday to try out the Mac OS. Simply its lovable, sleek and its animations and transitions are so smooth.

This step from Apple can make nightmares to computer manufacturers like Dell, HP, etc. because Apple computers are alot more unique. Unless they are able to build computer systems that look as unque as theirs or even better, with support of a Mac OS as well as Windows OS.

it seems interesting... i think i will buy a mac as soon as i get some more money since i am a flash developer and have heard about the performance in graphics and stuff mac provides...meantime i think i will try to forget this windows world.... or another cool choice could be install MacOS in windows based computers...i would buy a copy for certainly ...

All Profit will be gain by Microsoft which will be adding advantage over mac which cant be use on normal win box

How is Apple introducing Bootcamp supposed to be benefitting Microsoft? Apple aren't gonna release something that helps their competitors over themselves.

i supposeAll Profit will be gain by Microsoft which will be adding advantage over mac which cant be use on normal win box

I don't think Microsoft profits from this program done by Apple either. Instead, Apple should be the one profitting from it. Apple provides this program free of charge, which hence encourage people to install Windows XP on any Apple computers. These cool and sleek designs of Apple computers can then support both operating systems, which then more people might buy Apple computers in the future, since Windows XP is already supported in them. Definately it's an advantage to Apple because more people would like a unique and sleek design of Apple computers and still use Windows XP in them.

On the other hand, as the TC (Trusted Computing) chip gets inplemented in normal computers, like those in IBM, Dell, HP etc, even more people may switch to Apple computers as they don't implement such chips, and hopefully they don't. Hence eventually, Apple will be earning most of their income through the hardware computers instead of their MAC operating system. Who knows if they are selling awesome packages and bundles in future, which will definately boost up its market share when Apple gets more customers.

However all hopes will be in despair if Apple decides to join that Trusted Computing (TC) program.

This is really awesome news to me because I have wanting to use a mac for a long time now because I have never own one in the past but I didn't like how I wouldn't be able to use a mac I buy for gaming because I'd say about half of the use on my computer i usually for gaming and honestly mac gaming is just weak. Now I can use OSX for all my school/work related things and can still switch to windows when I want to get in a little gaming of whatever pc game I'm currently playing. Now I just need to choose what kind of mac i want to get! yay, thinking of the mac mini's because they are cheaper or just get an ibook to replace my current laptop.