xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lairz

Quake 4 Vrs Quake 3 wich one rules

Whats up quake lovers.This on is a tricky question wich one of the last two quake do you like the most?Quake 3 or Quake 4, of course the graphics and all that stuff its better in quake 4, in single player.BUt in multiplayer, wich buy the way i think is the main part of the game, i think quake 3kicks quake 4 butt. lolI dont know what it is, but when a nice multiplayer game who became famous is updated withthe new version, the same thing happends, they want to make the game more detailed and furutisticand at the end they end up making it worst.what is your opinion about this?

Whats up quake lovers.
This on is a tricky question wich one of the last two quake do you like the most?

Quake 3 or Quake 4, of course the graphics and all that stuff its better in quake 4, in single player.
BUt in multiplayer, wich buy the way i think is the main part of the game, i think quake 3
kicks quake 4 butt. lol

I dont know what it is, but when a nice multiplayer game who became famous is updated with
the new version, the same thing happends, they want to make the game more detailed and furutistic
and at the end they end up making it worst.

what is your opinion about this?

I would have to say the new graphics are definately awesome in quake 4 if you have a card that will allow you to use the graphics to the full but for me i have to slap almost everything right down to get any decent gameplay. And i definately agree with you that the quake3 mp is a hell of alot better to play but there is still only one game that really kills when it comes to mp that is unreal it is so cool !

yeah i know i started in the multiplayer games with unreal i love it, but i wasn able to go online so i end up playing more quake cause of that, and the the ut2004 i really didnt like it.

Hmm Quake 2 was my first online-game, and still playin it :angry:Quake 4 really has some awesome graphics and owns Quake 3 on that part, but Quake 3's gameplay beats Quake 4. They invested too much into the graphics, and neglected the gameplay part in it :angry:

Hmmm, Q4 has some sweet graphics I won't deny that... but I'd have to say Q3 OWNS Q4's gameplay by a mile....I feel like they focused more on improving the way it LOOKS rather than the way it plays which is happening a lot with most games out there that get sequals :)

i agree with the Point the Q4 has worked more on the looks rather than gameplay.But Q4 takes on from where Q2 had left.so in some ways its good to see the story going. :lol:

yea i would also say quake 3 for that one reason. All these gaming companyies are starting to think the high graphics are going to sell these games. In some cases that might be true but they have to make a game with a good story and good gameplay if they really want it to be a great game. This is the one key element that is missing in some games which could make good games be amazing games.

Again, I would agree with all of you: quake 3's gameplay does outstrip quake 4's by quite some way: but the graphics on quake4 are still state of the art.Since quake 3 was pretty much trying to challenge unreal tournament though (single "multiplayer" action) it does make this harder, since they aren't really the same game: rather they are only sharing the title and charachters: quake 3 isn't designed to have a plot which fits in anywhere with the other quakes...However, quake 4 could claim to have a plot: timeline, which does make it different...Overall though I think I would probably prefer quake 3: gameplay is so much more important then graphics in this sort of game, but....If they could mix quake 4 graphics with quake 4 gameplay, then there is no doubt it would be a more awesome game....quake 5 anyone?

Quake 3 is much better than quake 4, quake 3 was a revolution of it's time and lead the way for all following first person shooters. The graphics of Quake 3 compared to Quake 4 now are way worse, but the gameplay of Quake 3 is still the standard that all games try to replicate. Both games' single player were pretty terrible, so at least there are still plenty of quake 3 gamers online, but it is hard to find a good quake 4 server.

Quake 3, like most of you. Quake 3 with UT were a revolution of their time! I was young when they came out, but I remember quite clearly that my brother made a huge phone bill because he played Quake 3 several times online ('twas 2000 and on dial up) and my father was mad! :)

Ah, the old days. :)

Quake 4? I don't like it. Too much energy in making a graphically perfect game and not doing anything for the actual gameplay part of the game.

idSoftware can you remember? Game == gameplay, game != perfect graphics. No matter how middle or low are the graphics and none the less that they can't lower your impression on the game, I think the actual gameplay part of the game is what it matters the most.

idSoftware, we want our Quake back! Even us geeks, who don't play games a lot!

Agreed with the others. I'm a hard Quake 3 player and was pretty mad when I bought Quake 4. (Sucked because I got it the day it came out, and since it was bad the price went from $49 - $19 in a few weeks, I lost out) It has some alright graphics but it takes too much of a computer to run smoothly. The Singleplayer was pretty good, I played it to continue the Strogg quake 2 story, but dislike the gameplay of multiplayer a lot. I have not yet found a game more smooth than Quake 3 and good gameplay. (I am a fast paced FPS gamer :P Unreal Tournament the original was good but I like Quake 3 better still) Competitive play for Quake 4 is already pretty much dead as well, being that there are very few people playing it, quake 3 still has better competitive play in my opinion.

What everyone is saying about Quake 4 is pretty much correct, but I'll thrown in my own thoughts and say that the netcode for Q4 is pretty terrible, which ultimately ruins the online gameplay. As a game that essentially tries to emulate Quake 3, poor netcode makes it practically worthless on a competitive level unfortunately. I heard the recent patches fix that problem, but without the simplicity in design that makes Quake 3 so crisp and tight, it's essentially just a clunky game with a play style that is too fast and snappy for the level of graphics that it comes equipped with.Quake 3 is basically the pinnacle of its design, and achieves a level of gameplay that is practically shrink-wrapped perfection. It can also run smoothly on almost any system being used today, and is still good-looking. It's a very smooth and precise experience that rewards skill overall, and can be played and enjoyed by anyone looking to get into a traditional competititve FPS game. With so much going for Quake 3 and its immense lasting popularity to this day, no wonder Quake Live is being made. I got into the beta, btw! :P

Quake 4 is the best of them I think, But it does ruin the online game play as little as its basically like Quake 3 maybe you should do a vote on this topic :D