xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Who Do You Think Jedi Master Sipher Diez Was, In Star Wars Ii Jedi master sipher diez from star wars II

Who Do You think Jedi master sipher diez was  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the second movie "Attack of The Clones" the prime minister of Comino mentioned that a jedi names Sipher Deiz ordered the clone army, but Obi-Wan was under the impression that he was killed almost 10 years ago?

who do you think it migt have been? either

Darth Maul

Posted Image

Darth Sidious (Chanselor Palpitine)

Posted Image

Jedi Master Qui-Gon

Posted Image

or

Dooku

Posted Image

i personally think that it might have been Jedi Master Qui-Gon, because Obi-wan called the person who ordered the clone army a master, and said he died 10 years ago, which was around the time that Qui-Gon was killed by darth maul.

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

I would say it was Count Dooku. I got the Bounty Hunter game and in one of the scenes Count Dooku is talking to Jango Fett. Talking to him about having an Army of his own design. And a chance at Immortality. So I think whoever Sipher Diez was. Maybe he did exist but Count Dooku only used his name to hide his and his masters plan to make a clone army. Smart way to throw off the Jedi. :angry:

I also think it was Count Dooku. However I have a slightly different theory from both of yours. I think that Count Dooku portrayed Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas when he was still a Jedi and went to Kamino to mention the cloning.Then when Obi-wan confronted Jango Fett on Kamino and asked him about who recruited him, Jango said he never heard of Sifo-Dyas and that he was recruited by a man called Count Dooku.So pretty much I think that Count Dooku portrayed him and made the Kamino's believe that the Jedi wanted a army just so the Sith would be kept un-noticed until well, you know...The Great Jedi Purge.

Then when Obi-wan confronted Jango Fett on Kamino and asked him about who recruited him, Jango said he never heard of Sifo-Dyas and that he was recruited by a man called Count Dooku.

Actually Jango referenced Count Dooku as his Sith name, Taranus. As all Siths get a Sith name and Count Dooku's Sith name is Darth Taranus. And yeah maybe he did go by Siphidious when he was in the Jedi order. But only George Lucas would know.

both verry good answers, and i would say that someone might need to write the famous George Lucas and ask him..because there are many different answers to this topic (ok 3 aitn that much but their all different)

I always thought that he was Darth Sidious/Palpatine. Notice the similarity between the names Sipher-Diez or Sifo-Dyas (however it should be spelled, you know what I mean) and Sidious. It works out pretty nicely because, as you know, sidious is derived from insidious, and sipher-diez could be a combination of something that is both insidious and a cipher--thus...evil and unknowable. On Kamino, Obi-Wan is told that S-D (for short, er) ordered the army many years ago. Obi-Wan then muses that S-D was thought to have died 10 years before. While I understand that it is not impossible to become a Sith if not already a Jedi, the switch to the Dark Side seems much easier for those already trained to use and fight with the Force. It's easier to reject knowledge you have been given than to search and embrace the contradiciton of that knowledge yourself. I think, then, that Sidious was first a Jedi before becoming Plageius theWise's (again, not sure about the spelling) apprentice. The events that transpire in Episode I occur 10 years before those of Episode II. S-D could have ordered the army after having turned while using his Jedi name of S-D. He could have staged his death--taking on the dual roles of Palpatine and Sidious--becoming a senator in those 10 years before Episode II in order to ensure his eventual galactic take-over from the inside. He must have been the one to order the army because somehow "order 66" must be programmed into the clones that they know to kill Jedi--aiding in the take-over--when Palpatine/S-D/Sidious deems the time right.Lastly, I don't think Dooku is S-D becomes his Sith name is Taranus or Tyranus (makes more sense), and Tyranus is mentioned as visiting and checking up on the Kamino-cloning process after S-D has ordered the clones. Dooku/Tyranus would have checked on Kamino after S-D because 1) he wouldn't have known until he was told--as he didn't order the clones, and 2) he is Darth Maul's replacement and only falls to the Dark Side in those crucial 10 years between Episode I and II--and not before then.

Who Do You Think Jedi Master Sipher Diez Was, In Star Wars Ii

So no body knows who SD is? really? it is astounding to me that with all these minds at work, and all this knowledge of the movies that we have here, that I can not find a straight answer. Surely some one knows. Please tell me. Who was he? why did he order the creation of the clone army? under whose authority did he do so? how was it that the jedi had no knowledge of it's creation? who can answer me?

-reply by erin

who is sipher Diez

I think it was Tyranus because if you think about it he could have been thrown off the jedi order when he was known a sipho diez just like when anikan became darth vader anikan "died".

-reply by Billy bob

Replying to Albus DumbledoreSifo-Dyas was once a good friend of fellow Master Dooku, and had the gift of precognition. He predicted the coming war, and knew the Galactic Republic would soon face dark times.Sifo-Dyas secretly commissioned a clone army on Kamino, ostensibly to defend the Republic. Prior to this, Dooku had left the Jedi Order, and had fallen in league with Darth Sidious. He was told by the Sith Master about Sifo-Dyas' actions, and Sidious also revealed that they could use the clone army for their own ends. As a final test of his allegiance to the dark side of the Force, Dooku murdered Sifo-Dyas and took control of the project for himself. It was Sidious' true intention to use Sifo-Dyas only as a dead-end cover for Palpatine's order of a clone army. -reply by Grand Master Jangles

Jedi Master Sipher Diez was a real jedi, Dooku killed him and took his name when they went to Kamino to prepare the clone army with the Help of Jango Fett. As you see it was all planned according to Palpatine.

Who and how did (Jedi Master Sipher Diaz) die or did he!Who Do You Think Jedi Master Sipher Diez Was, In Star Wars Ii

04/23/09

What if Jedi Master Sipher Diaz was strong enough to see into the future kind of like Anakin Skywalkers in episode III but he could control alot better then Anakin could to. Anyways my point being is what if he was wounded from a lightsaber fight with Darth Maul before the council could be aware and also remember the Darkside clouds everything and ended up injuryed and went to the cloning plante Komino and had them order and Grand Army of Clones for the Republic, and then clone himself in case of something  like say the empire for exampile attacks Komino or the whole sepertists attack them which did happen but the republic sent them crying home anyways. Just a theorey that I thought good with topic thanks for your time!

-reply by Bryan McKnight

Sipher Diez is Count Doku because in episode 2 Jango Fett says he was recruited by Taranus witch is Count Dokus sith name

-reply by Unknown

The answer to master sypho-diasWho Do You Think Jedi Master Sipher Diez Was, In Star Wars IiMaster Sypho-dias is just a random jedi. Sypho means death and dias means 10. He died ten years ago. And if you have noticed if Lucas wanted to make him one of the main Jedi he would have explained it more. And yes Qui-gon was killed ten years ago, but he was not declared a Jedi Master. Count Dooku was still known as Count Dooku as a Jedi. Sidious was just as surprised by the army as any one else. Jango didn't reveal Sypho-dias.-reply by Boba Fett

There was no Siphez Diez. His name was Sifo-Dyas, and he was a Jedi Master, who had been friend to Count Dooku, while he was still in Jedi Order. Sifo-Dyas was killed by Dooku, when Sidious lured him to the Dark Side, and Jedi's blood was used in transforming Grievous to cyborg.

-reply by Saiden