xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
savge17

Website Page Problem. How Can I Fix It? My Webpage problem.

To answer your question directly, the content's too far over to the right because it's outside of a table that it should be inside of (or so Firefox's webDev makes it look).About half way down the page you re-declare your doctype, html, head, embedded stylesheet, and body tag. The doctype needs to go at the top, the stylesheet needs to go in between the initial head tags, and the rest needs to be removed.Honestly, you have so many needless tables in there that it's hard to find where your exact problem is. I would suggest simplifying it down to a single table to arrange all the pieces, then add in your extra tables for effect, if you so desire. Better yet, since you already have stylesheets, you should be able to create the layout you want with only the initial table, or no tables at all (using <div> tags).

I opened your site and viewed the source code. I cannot understand why there are two head tags open and closed... when you have already opened body tag you don't need to open another head tag anymore.Secondly, you have table problems. When the main table has 774 pixels as width and that too is divided into 139pixels and 622pixels columns whatever new tables you are going to keep inside the new table cannot have 774 pixels as width anymore.My simple suggestion to you is like this. Do not make one common table for header and body including footer. Let me say two options here:OPTION 1:One is that you have separate tables for header that will include all your banners on top inclusing flash and other pictures on top.. keep them in one table but divided by rows. Fix the width to 774pixels. And make another table for the body part with 774pixels width again. And divide them into 3 columns. The first column for menu, the second column for spacer (make transparent gif file and tuck in there to make space between the menu column and the main body column.And finally make another table for footer with the same width and columns as you wish.Option 2:Make one table that will cover the whole and inside keep each table with width 100% this will solve all the problems.Right now the problem is that you have tried to make columns which are not in uniform with the column above (for example, the main body table has menu column which will take the same space as the header).... This is due to poor table separation. I hope this helps.

It's look like you trying to edit an already made php page, thats why all things appear mess up, the doctype it´s not on top, etc. What you need to do is clear all the content of header.php and foot.php (leave them blank), then in the listmembers.php include all the html of the index.htm after all the include(" "); put the html code inside of echo(" html code here "); but remember to change all the " " in the html to ' '. until the part

<td width="584" background="images/content_box_bg.jpg" height="79" valign="top"><table				border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="608">				  <tr>					<td><font color="#252525">Welcome to The Final Chapter webpage! We're looking to be the best raiding guild on this realm. All officers and guild masters have led raids into MC, ZG, Onyxia and BWL. If you want to have fun, make some new friends, and tackle some raid bosses in the process fill out an application in our forums, former raid experience is not required but determination & skill are.<BR><CENTER>-Co Guild Masters Kalel & Xempt.</CENTER></font></td>				  </tr>				</table>				</td>			  </tr>

delete the
<tr>					<td><font color="#252525">Welcome to The Final Chapter webpage! We're looking to be the best raiding guild on this realm. All officers and guild masters have led raids into MC, ZG, Onyxia and BWL. If you want to have fun, make some new friends, and tackle some raid bosses in the process fill out an application in our forums, former raid experience is not required but determination & skill are.<BR><CENTER>-Co Guild Masters Kalel & Xempt.</CENTER></font></td>				  </tr>

and then in the end of the php code, after the mysql_close; insert the rest of the html, that should work, then do the same to the view news.php.

php code should look like this:

<?phpsession_start();include("something");include("something");echo("<html><head><title>The Final Chapter</title><link rel='stylesheet' href='style.css' type='text/css'> (look that i changed the " to ')<script language='JavaScript1.2'>more html code<td width='584' background='images/content_box_bg.jpg' height='79' valign='top'><table				border='0' cellpadding='6' cellspacing='0' width='608'>				</table>				</td>			  </tr>");more php codemysql_close;echo("	   <tr>				<td width='584' height='1' bgcolor='#000000'></td>			  </tr>			  <tr>				<td width='584' height='11'></td>			  </tr>the rest of html code ");exit;?>

It gives a little work, but works fine.

Stay well.

You have

<th align="center" width="20" nowrap="nowrap"> </th>	<th align="left" width="35" nowrap="nowrap"> </th>	<th align="left" width="100%"><a href="listmembers.php?o=0.1&filter=none">Name</a></th>	<th align="left" width="100"><a href="listmembers.php?o=8.0&filter=none">Rank</a></th>	<th align="left" width="40" nowrap="nowrap"><a href="listmembers.php?o=6.0&filter=none">Level</a></th>	<th align="left" width="100" nowrap="nowrap"><a href="listmembers.php?o=7.0&filter=none">Class</a></th>	<th align="left" width="80" nowrap="nowrap"><a href="listmembers.php?o=1.0&filter=none">Earned</a></th>	<th align="left" width="80" nowrap="nowrap"><a href="listmembers.php?o=2.0&filter=none">Spent</a></th>	<th align="left" width="90" nowrap="nowrap"><a href="listmembers.php?o=3.0&filter=none">Adjustment</a></th>	<th align="left" width="80" nowrap="nowrap"><a href="listmembers.php?o=4.0&filter=none">Current</a></th>	<th align="left" width="70" nowrap="nowrap"><a href="listmembers.php?o=5.0&filter=none">Last Raid</a></th>
There are a few problems with this code.

1) The third one down has width="100%" where I think you meant to have width="100"

2) Even assuming that you meant not to have the % sign the widths of all of your tables added up is 795 pixels, and they're all within a table that's only 608 pixels wide, which is in turn within a table cell that's only 584 pixels wide, which is within another cell, which isn't even in a table. Each element must be equal or smaller than the element it's supposed to be in.

Additionally you still have the second doctype, head, and body tags buried in the middle of your code. Please let me stress again that this is extrodinarily incorrect and could lead to many problems in your site if you don't remove it.

Have you considered using a WYSIWYG editor like frontpage or dreamweaver? That way you could get the layout correct, and then go back in and manually tweek your code.