xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mich

Question About Tos What exactly does this phrase mean?

Please don't drop promotional urls, signature files, nor specifics that would lead people to your site. Signing your name is fine, however commercialized posts or resume signatures will be edited.

Does this mean that I shouldn't have a sig that is a link to my site? Does this also mean I shouldn't place a url in any post that will take people to my site?

well if this does mean that we should not put links to our site in our signature, i would say that thousands of people have broken this rule because i know quite a few people who have a link in some way in their signature...but i think that this means we shoudl not have referral links in our signatures...and that we should not have any links leading out outside of the xisto corporation...but we can only wait for an admin or a mods response!@

Referrals are a definate no-no. And links to Commercial enterprises are not to be used. As for Mich linking to what is essentially a personal site that offers her designs on a gratis basis, I don't think anyone minds. There are lots of other Members with siggies leading out of the Xisto Corp, but they are generally non-commercial as well. An occasional google adsense on their site, maybe, but nobody selling Used Cars and such, please.

That's right!As far as the site's are personal or a site like Mich's...then there is no harm at all..in putting its link in the signature. You can say that it is basically related to the commercial activities and refferals links.

Referrals are a definate no-no. And links to Commercial enterprises are not to be used. As for Mich linking to what is essentially a personal site that offers her designs on a gratis basis, I don't think anyone minds. There are lots of other Members with siggies leading out of the Xisto Corp, but they are generally non-commercial as well. An occasional google adsense on their site, maybe, but nobody selling Used Cars and such, please.

Hey, my site is hosted by Trap 17, isn't that within the Xisto Corp?

yes, that is within the xisto corporation, it is hosted by Xisto which is owned by OpaQue, and the xisto corporation is as well owned by OpaQue, therefor it is concidered the xisto corporation...

kind of like the shoutbox rule, no links outside of the xisto corporation...so if someone was looking for help and none could tell them about it here, someone in the shoutbox COULD type in "go to support.xisto.com"

yes, that is within the xisto corporation, it is hosted by Xisto which is owned by OpaQue, and the xisto corporation is as well owned by OpaQue, therefor it is concidered the xisto corporation...

So then, my link is not taking anybody outside the Xisto Corp site. :angry: And since links in the postings are always seem to be target="new" links (open into a new window), they aren't even taking anybody away from forum. :angry:

I myself have inserted several links in my messages, but they were regarding the topic I was writing about. One such link was for mobile Directv, and it linked to the article about the service. I hope I'm not breaking any rules, but I'm sure someone will let me know if I am.

I myself have inserted several links in my messages, but they were regarding the topic I was writing about. One such link was for mobile Directv, and it linked to the article about the service. I hope I'm not breaking any rules, but I'm sure someone will let me know if I am.

No, you're doing great for a new member. :angry: Keep up the good posting.

Also, I think it means, by no links in sigs, etc., you can only have links leading to the xisto corp. :angry: But just remember, no, absolutely no referal links. :D