xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
trick

Help: Can I Reinstall An Oem Version Of Win Xp Pro In Another Pc?

Hi guys,I am new on this forum and I need help. I live in Luxembourg and I purchased a Laptop Samsung in Germany (they are MUCH cheaper there....) with a German version of XP Home installed (and I do NOT speak German!). I already had a PC at home and I had bought a XP Professional English version 2 years ago, separated from the PC itself (it's a OEM version)...now the point: I would like to install the same software on my laptop (I also bought Office OEM) but I do not know if I am legally allowed to do it since I have to register online after the installation. Does anybody know if I can do this? what happens if I install XP Pro and Office anyway and then I connect to internet for registration? which limitations do MS impose over XP Pro? do they come at home while sleeping and put u in prison???Thanks a lot for any help!!!CheersP.S.I have seen a similar topic but the problem is a bit different since my veriosn is actually OEM...sorry if I doubled!

Notice from jlhaslip:
{Please do not add a 'sign-off' to your posting. It adds credits for words that are not 'content'. thanks.
Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

Ummm i am going to have a guess hear and ask you if you have even tried to change the language of the installed operating system? Because Xp just like any Microsoft Operating System allows you to change the language that you view it in and type. This may not be the soloution to your problem as i am using a PC but i am guessing that they are the same. But this may be the soloution to your problem, if so to change the language you simply click on the language bar next to the system tray, click on the arrow facing down and click on the middle option. I hope this helps you with your problem.

I think his question is to ask whether if an OEM copy can be installed on another computer. OEM, Original Equipment Manufacturer, are not software producers. Rather, they are authorised companies to use the original software to customise and sell them off together with their customised product package, like what you will find in many computer manufacturers. OEM are customisers, in short to say. These companies have to be authorised by original software producers to customise them, hence I believe the idea of having one unique copy on a single computer still persist, even though it's an OEM copy. However, since OEM copies are installed on multiple computers on a single go in the computer manufacturers worksite, you may also do the same to install your OEM copy on another computer. I doubt it can be detected since this method is used by OEM companies in mass production.Anyway, in terms of software, just know the rule that each system runs an unique copy. If you copy a disc and install on a second computer, simply a risk is taken.