xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
melkonianarg

The 'shotgun' & Its History nope, not the gun...the passenger seat. (?)

For too long to remember, people have been using 'SHOTGUN' as a way of saying that they get to sit in the front seat of a vehicle, because this, of course, is a position favoured by everyone, fro the view, the extra leg room & of course getting to change the cd or radio channel. THere is quite a history to the whole idea of 'shotgun' and being from the U.K, I never really used it much until my school suddenly came upon, and started using it for other things, like if someone has food they're givin away, they'll shout shotgun, and it will be theres.

Anyway, this is a great website showing the history, and the very precise rules that you must obey when performing a shotgun.

WHY NOT BUY THE BOOK ASWELL?

Hope you like. Feedback welcome...

regards,

melkonianarg

Nice, me and my friends always use this term. Now knowing this I will be able to share this newly learned knowledge. Thanks! :angry:

i also beleive that i has roots in redneck culture "Shotgun" being the one to hang out the window and shoot at deer, signs etc...

Notice from jlhaslip:
bbcode tags must be closed properly.

The website link does not work. I never knew that shotgun was used for food as well. Interesting.

Hahaha that was interesting. I really enjoyed reading the rules they have. Makes me realize how many times my friends "cheated" to get shotgun!Now I'm going to have to break out with a manual on them.

I never realised there was that much to it. I always assumed it was just there.I never believed there could be rules or stuff.The internet's like that. You think somethings completely simple and you look deeper into it and there are people making it deeper

Wow, I'd never heard of this kind of shotgun (The kind used for food and the passenger seat). The only type of shotgun I've heard of is the type of gun found on some of the modern shooting games, such as Half Life or Unreal Tournament.Is always interesting to find out new things though. Thanks for sharing. I now know about two types of shotgun :angry:

If I recall correctly, this seat or the "shotgun seat" is also called many affection and macabre names due towards the high mortality rate of passengers who sit there. When I worked on my senior high project with the local corroner, we saw alot of messed up stuff happen to people who were sitting in that particular seat.

Wow, I never thought that they could make a book on such random things. I've always heard and even used the term 'shot gun' but never realize that it even had a history. They should try to explain more of these phenomanons like 'punch bugs' or other ones.