xisto Community
Nani Cheri

Who Wants To Gain Weight?

I do. But not because I want to be fat.It runs in my family that we are thin. And I love it! Im not thin like you can see my bones everywhere. And it's not that I'm not happy with the fact that Im thin. I do have fat in my **bottom** and legs and body hahaha but its weird cause my fingers are thin. Im very happy with my body, but I notice that I'm always cold in my hands and fingers!!! I think thats because i dont hold any fat in my fingers.I just would like to have some fat in my arms and fingers hahaha sounds sooooooo weird I know. But just a normal amount of fat. I mean, fat isolates right????? hahahaBecause of my digestrion which is very good I burn my fat and I cant hold it orsomething. I do sport. I do fitness, eat spaghetti, thought that would help gainig weight healthy. But I don't know. maybe I just have to wait untill Im older?? Im 18 know. My sister and mother are normal and are slim, but thats because they have children i think. When you are pregnant things change.I know boys who want to become fatter and bigger too, because there are many boys who are very thin and slim. They don't like it. They want to have normal fat too. I can understand that.

did you know taht some people can never get fat however much they eat ? it is because of a certain genes and it as you mentioned runs in the family , but on the other most people want to be thin and they spend so much time and energy on it and still fail so i guess you are far better off thin than becoming fat and start another struggle to become thin ! by the way you said your body is ok so why do you care about your fingers ? nobody is gonna say you are thin by looking at your fingers so be kool you are one of the few lucky ones out there :angry:

Being thin, you can always wear a sweater and gloves to stay warm... over-weight people can't take the sweater off when it gets too hot. Me, I am about 180 cm (6 ft) and 80 (180 lb) kg. Skinny in a way, but not boney. I really notice the cold and would like to be able to add a layer, too, but don't mind being in the shape I am. As I say, I do own sweaters...

You may notice an increase in fat as you get older. I hear you lose 1% of your metabolism each year. Good that you eat spaghetti, for when you do your exercise. But, spaghetti isnt really fattening, but rather the stuff you put on it. It is possible to gain weight by eating healthy, but i wouldnt say it would be something to be worried about as if gaining weight by eating things that are unhealthy. But, you should have varieties in food.

I would love to gain weight. I'm really small, 5'1", and 80lbs, not kg's POUNDS! I guess that's a good weight for my height but it makes it easy for me to be pushed around...which I don't like..I'm semi-active, I don't play sports though. I walk through the mall from about 11AM to 7PM with friends almost everday..and I eat ***A LOT***. But I don't gain weight, I think I've actually lost weight. I think it's because I have a fast metabolism, but man, this is just RIDICULOUS!I can perfectly understand why people want to gain weight, since I do myself :angry:.

I heard that eating small amounts of food before you go to sleep help to gain weight, because the body doesn't digest it fully, but stores most of it. I'm not sure how true this is because I didn't do any research on it.I figure it wouldn't hurt tho. As long as you don't eat a huge meal that would make you too uncomfortable to sleep.

Being into sports I really am a balanced person, I have a great appetite. For instance, for dinner tonight I had 2 chckcen legs 16oz of meat from the bird. another 8oz of stuffing and 8oz mashed potatoes and 3 peices of broccli. I play lacrosse so when I go out and practice I come back real hungry. Even when the season is over I still eat alot with not impact on my body shape or weight really, its kinda funny. I do gain weight but its just because I get more muscular, I also play waterpolo. I am about 5' 11'' and weigh about 140 lbs. Im not a very skiny person, yet not big boned either, sorta a perfect combination for my standards :D. I have such trouble gaining weight, ive started taking somotheis every morning to help increase my weight, although it might not seem like it I also race motocross and I need to be more heavy, compared to my CRF250R's weight witch is about 204 punds dry, about 225 lbs with gas. So for me its hard to really whip my bike around, but I have gotten used to the bike and I can really throw out some insane whips now these days :angry: Anyways ive been taking these smothies that I make myself every morning with some strawberries, milk, ice, Protein powder, bannannas, eggs x2, and last I put in some ice cream :angry: and yogurt. Its helped me alot with gaining weight, although it is gonna be awhile before I start gaining alot it will take some time, but also will help with starting my day with the right nutrients. I highly recomend drinking a good protein or smoothie, it helps gain wieght and helps you stay healthy.

i am happy about my body, but the fatin my body isn shared failry over my body feel what i mean? but what i would like to have is a normal weight. just normal. but i kow how many people have problems with losing weight, thats why i willa lways stay ha[ppy with my body. But there are just people who would like to have a normal weight under us. not that they want to be different or arent happy about it. but there are just things in live that confront you with the fact that you have not enough weight/fat like a normal person. but it mostly isnt the one main problem like people who want to lose weight. its just something we would like too see on our bodies.. But i do understand people think: whats you problem, be happy.!! Im fat and try too lose weight my entire liefe...orsomething like that.

I'm one of those guys where i can't gain weight, and i eat alot, i'm not underweight or anything, but like i don't get heavier, haha it's actually good in a way i can eat as much rubbish as i want, it will probably catch up with me later on in life :angry:But yeah it's a genetic thing, my mum is the same, not underweight, but we don't gain weight :angry:

umm,I'd like to gain weight but not fat... :angry: i am a little thin at present and i need to keep heath for my body.normal figure is a very ideal goal,which lies in our diet IMO.plus genetic reason also exsits,my mom is slender,maybe i would be... however, as a boy,i hope to be full in muscle(j/k) heh :angry:

Edited by hulunes (see edit history)

if you wanna control weight gain, i find that eating nice sized portions of meals(1 plate-meat, veggies), more often(like for me i eat 4-6 times a day) will give your body time to build mass in a controlled enviroment, to gain weight but not fat exercises 3-4 times a week and increase your carbs and protein the days that you do. If you wanna lose weight do the same but cut out as much fat as possible and add an excersise program (run 1/2 a mile twice a day) and eat more fruit/veggies as a snack through out the night(instead of a after supper meal).

[tab][/tab]The kid the call "lil' Hercules" eats 40% Fat, 30% Protien and 40% carbs and pound for pound(when he's training) he is considered the strongest person on earth and he's only 10 or 11,

I have the same problem, too. I have been skinny since childhood and I am a guy. Being skinny as a guy is not cool, every male person wants to be well built. It is so much harder to gain weight in my case, this body built runs to the family. But I am now serious about gaining weight. I am now eating muc than the usual, I eat plenty of rice and I do not what I eat anymore. I used to be choosy when it comes to food. Here are the things that I found out to gain weight. Eat more than the usual. Eat extra of any thing, as in take another scoop or anything that you eat. Rice and potatoes are good in adding extra pounds. Eat five heavy meals everyday, or five heavy meals and snacks in between. Eat food that are high in calorie, if you want to gain one or two pounds per week, you should add 250 to 350 calorie intake everyday. Sodas are high in calories but it is not advised to be taken, better dring fruit shakes and fruit juices Do not be hurry in achieving your goal weight. just wait and be patient. I am now actually feeling the meat on my arms.

Im not satisfied with my body right now... I also want to gain weight, I eat 5x a day, I checked my weight after a week but still the same nothing has changed my weight didnt changed a bit. That made me wonder, Maybe because of the daily routine that i do. Im not the kind of person who sits and stays in bed eating or watching TV or movies. hmmm... maybe it will take more than a week to see results... :P

i would much rather loose wiaght then gain it

Being thin, you can always wear a sweater and gloves to stay warm... over-weight people can't take the sweater off when it gets too hot.

very much true

Yes i want to gain weight but i cant. Even though i eat well and i do proper exercise yet i am not able to put on weight. i am just 53 kgs. please tell me how to put on weight