xisto Community
Goosestaf

Tell Me Why I Should Believe In A "god" Open Discussion/opinions

Simple really,Tell me why i should believe in a God. . . and that means any religion.Tell me why believing in a religion and a god will improve my life.Look forward to many responses :angry:and no bashing/questioning other beliefs please. . . .. i will report any posts of such manner.

Although, i, for one, cant mention all the reasons why you should believe in God. I will try to mention some. But, believing in something doesnt mean you'll like it. But, all i can say is, look at the facts, and try not to reject them. Study, question, answer, and keep the good.

But, i must say, Albert Einstein, was an atheist. He would try his best to have his work prove that there is no God. Everytime he did, he found himself troubled by his work. He kept making things complicated for himself. After a long trial, he finally convinced himself that there has to be some kind of god. Though, he didnt choose the one from the Bible. But, rather, a human god.

Assuredly, i say to you, you dont have to believe to be saved. Those that know the law, will be judged by the law. Those that dont, will be judged without it. Meaning, if you have your own rules, you'll be judged on how well you have followed your own rules. If you think cursing someone out is bad, but, yet, you do it "under your breath", behind their backs, or when they're not around. Then, you have broken your own rule.

I, for one, cannot convince you to follow in some of the paths i take, cause it's you who takes the first step, in order to follow. I can only lead the way. If you do not understand something that we say. Question it, and we'll try to answer it, the best way we know how. Clearing up ignorance is the best way to understand something to its fullest.

You think i became a believer cause people forced me into it? Assuredly, i say to you, i, myself, have questioned the religion i now speak of. I questioned with the same questions you'd expect to hear from non-believers. I found the answers. Such answers is what made me believe.

I didnt realise what true happiness was, until i felt it. I thought that the happiness i had was some form of true happiness. But, i ask you, can true happiness be brought down? I will answer with, no. Nothing can ruin true happiness. Not even if the person you hate the most starts talking to you, about stuff that you hate.

Mind you, i've only had a taste of true happiness. It lasted for a whole day. Nothing ruined such a thing. It happened on the day after i repented for my sins. I believe it was something God was informing me of, of such a thing you'd find in Heaven. If so, then there is nothing to do, but to listen to what God said for us to be doing, in order to gain such happiness again.

Mind you, i'm not in this just for myself. That's why i mention these things to others, so they can experience what i have experienced. Unfortunately, some people dont end up believing until after God has saved them from something. And even then, it takes them some time to believe. Believe me, you'll be saved by faith.

In conclusion, it is not me that makes you believe, but you yourself. If you want some "leads", then all i can say is, refer to the Bible. NIV, to be more exact.

Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

very good points.I totatlly agree that some people will only find true faith after they've expereinced some spirituality.I was a typical child, raised and brought up to be christian (church of england).I did it because i was told too.I don't know what made me start doubting the faith which i took for granted, but after a while i stopped declaring myself as christian and no longer carred for faith.There have been momments in my life where i've just lost the will to live and not carred for much. I've sometimes even considered taking up faith again to give my life more meaning through dark times.I even set foot in a church once with a few new friends, but could not deal with it so i left.In my time of need an answer has always found me . . . .. if i was religious i would preach faith being the cause, but i've found secuirty in Fate.Maybe faith would improve my life, maybe it wouldn't. I might find faith later in life . . . Thanks for your input TrueFusion. much apprechiated

Maybe faith would improve my life, maybe it wouldn't. I might find faith later in life . . .

Would you believe it took me 20 years to actually start believing the way i do now? I am 20 years of age, now. And NOW it's when i'm actually involved. Funny on how the good comes after the bad.

Would you believe it took me 20 years to actually start believing the way i do now? I am 20 years of age, now. And NOW it's when i'm actually involved. Funny on how the good comes after the bad.

yup, i do believe it, you can find faith at any age and at anytime in your life.

How did you find faith. . . . if its personal then don't worry about the question, or if u wud prefere privacy, u can PM me.

Just interested is all.

well i will never tell anyone why they should believe or have faith unless i had all the facts myself to preach or teach. i believe there is something more out there, a higher power. i also believe there is ALOT more out there that we have just started to uncover. i can say this though. i don't believe any one religion has the path to the truth. i believe all relgions have something to offer as far as the truth and what should be believed so i don't believe in any 1 religion. i was raised pres. christian but over time came to mold my beliefs in to what they are today.

now is there a "god" that is constantly referred to in the bible? well, i don't know, but if i were to guess, i would say no because heck...there could be more than 1 god or higher power. i don't like to use "higher power" because i am explaining something more great than you or i. i also don't like to use the term "god" because it a god is something you normally worship. my belief comes from something more spiritual were this higher power and i are connected and we are of the same energy and life force. why i also believe we all have a lot to offer this world.

jesus sacrificed. we all sacrifice. someone already stated that the bad comes before the good. when the good has come out of the bad, it means you sacrificed a little part of who you were at the time to get to where you are. now it's true. we need the bad in this world to grow. we need those learning experiences to be stronger...and believe me they make you stronger if you hang in there with what is RIGHT because the right way is usually the harder path.

i don't like to teach about god or higher power. these are just my beliefs. i do believe that good morals and values need to be taught and they can be taught without believing in the bible or a higher power. i believe if you just live your life with good morals and values, you are one step ahead of all those who don't.

How did you find faith. . . . if its personal then don't worry about the question, or if u wud prefere privacy, u can PM me.

To tell you the truth, it's nothing to be hiding. Though, i'd rather not call myself to be of a religion, I'll just state, my beliefs lean towards Christianity, since they tend to take the whole Bible into consideration, like i do. So, i'll quote Jesus,

"If you are ashamed of me before man, then i'll be ashamed of you before God"

That may not be the exact quote, word-for-word, but it means the same thing.

But, what made me believe was the fact that all my questions got answered, and many more i didnt even know could be asked! Most of the answers came straight from the Bible. I just didnt understand the Bible the way i do now. Which is why it made me become ignorant. That's why i would question, to find some truth in all of this.

The other answers came straight from science! Many of you may think, that's not possible. But, for those who think so, they could just be ignorant like I was. Mind you, science and religion does mix. Religion and politics does not. I will even quote Albert Einstein,

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Now, where did i find this information that uses science to prove the existence of God? Well, i found a website that does just that, and even references back to the science journals/articles. The website is: God & Science.

Hope this helps.

If creativity and free will is field, then faith and god are fence of that field.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but this statement makes it seem like God has control over free will. We all know God does not control free will. If He did, it wouldnt be free will. It is because of free will, that many choose to reject Him. What is true love if you can't choose? Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

Truefusion:You have this covered 100%. But I want to add my opinion, so I will :angry: I believe there is a God for several reasons. I think that the evidence is way to supportive (*see topic entitled evidence for God). I also believe that Jesus died for us. There are historical records of everything in the Bible after the Bible was written. I think that no one would sit around and write thousands of names down in the Bible for fun.I think God is there. Like I said, the Bible had the facts before we did. Such as scientific facts, and historical facts. As a matter of facts, some historians actually use the bible is they don't believe in it because it verifies other historical facts. Does it mean the historical facts were there first? No. That is my point. A catastrophic flood was recorded in many ancient civilizations, but the Bible recorded it before they did.How did I find Christ? I was raised a Christian, but hadn't accepted Him. Then I made the decision to be baptized. I didn't want to, I told the Lord He had to make the Pastor ask me. The next day he did. I was stunned, and refused, told Him, make him ask me again, sure enough, he asked again, again I told the Pastor no. Did the same thing to God, told Him, one more time. I am sure I was testing God's patience, but sure enough, the Pastor asked again, I accepted, and I am glad I did. It was amazing to see God work like that. I think it is different with different people. You may do the same thing, and god says, fine, don't be baptized, and leaves you alone, other, like me, He said, I choose to show you my power, and my might. The experience was life changing.

Simple really,Tell me why i should believe in a God. . . and that means any religion.

Tell me why believing in a religion and a god will improve my life.

Look forward to many responses :angry:

and no bashing/questioning other beliefs please. . . .. i will report any posts of such manner.

Why you should believe? Because you are not alive. Neither was I. We are spiritually dead and destined for death in the eternal sense the Bible speaks of, in being eternally separated from God. And apart from God, it is questionable what existence is truly worth anyway.

Being a Christian doesn't mean an easier life, in fact to live godly in Christ Jesus means persecution (2 Tim. 3:12). What it means is to have eternal life, i.e. reconcilation with our Creator for eternity, and to have abundance of life even in this life (John 10:10).

But let me explain my own history so this may be put in perspective, and you don't think I'm just trying to preach fire and brimstone to you. I didn't grow up a "churched" little Christian. My parents had Bible Story books back in grade school for me to read which is when I was reading all the classics as well, and which made me realize truth lay in the Bible.

But in 5th grade, DCFS accused my dad of rape and he'd spend the next 5 or 6 years in prison. My mom ended up a manic depressant like me who was suicidal and spent time in jail and an asylum. And without even knowing what was going on, I got home one day to find police waiting on the porch, and I was taken from there with my brothers to be placed in a foster home.

We were able to return home to my mom where we spent a lot of time being taken care of by relatives and I suddenly turned anti-social. I took up boxing and martial arts and spent all my time getting in more and more trouble at school, in fights even with my own brothers. This went on until I started examining myself and deploring how evil I'd become. I questioned God and tried bargaining with Him, I sought Him and was drawn to Him by coincidences and ironies, as funny as it sounds.

I don't believe I was an exception, for I've come to realize that all of us are alike, we're in the same boat, an evil race that God deplores. Jesus was the Light of the world because He was unlike us, He was perfect and didn't harm other people like we all do. Yet He didn't spend time condemning people for their evil lifestyles even though He alone had the right to since He was perfect.

He loved the brokenhearted, the ones considered most evil and most rejected by society, the tax collectors who were considered traitors to their Jewish nation, the prostitutes who were reviled for their lifestyles, and the nation's poor like widows and orphans. He told us all to repent (Luke 13:1-5), not to shame and blame us, but to warn us. It wasn't a self-righteous "I'm better than you" but a warning given in love and knowledge of what was to come.

As a Christian I know what it is to live right inside rather then with constant torture within, and to be able to live without worries and fears. I know what it is to have a real, living relationship with the one and only living God. I want everyone to have it, not just because it helps in this life but because it is all that matters for eternity. I want the best for everyone in the world, and I've even learned to forgive those who've most wronged me.

Everything I have found that is true and noble and worthwhile or meaningful in any way has come from my relationship with Jesus. Other ways may be good or have some truth in them but they are not the best and they are not answers. I believe in holding up the Bible to the questions of all, for Acts 17:11 clearly shows it doesn't need to hide from other perspectives. I am always open to talking about the Bible's reliability and validity.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but this statement makes it seem like God has control over free will. We all know God does not control free will. If He did, it wouldnt be free will. It is because of free will, that many choose to reject Him. What is true love if you can't choose?

it's also free will to learn from our mistakes and be better human beings while we are on earth. we tend to see mistakes as a bad thing, but if we learn from them and make better choices in the future, mistakes are actually something good. everyone makes mistakes. it's what we do with them that matter. "god" allows free will. he/she would only hope you live your life the way it was meant....and that would be different for everyone

if there was no free will, and "god" controlled what happens here then obviously the world would be perfect, would it not? unless god loves to impliment all the violence and negativity....

It would only be perfect if it were made to be perfect. God didnt create the world, cause He saw it to be perfect. God is, also, not the author of evil. However, God does reward and punish on the basis of good and bad behavior.

Tell me why believing in a religion and a god will improve my life.

believing in god and religion does not always help you, many times i have found myself questioning whether religion/god is for real etc.

at the end of the day, its about belief. if you believe in a religion with heaven and hell, then you may be more inspired to do good and secure a place in heaven, not making it selfless but a good deed is still a good deed.

sometimes in your life, you can find that it becomes near unbearable, and having faith in god can mean that you believe that god can make life better for you, and through this faith, your life can be improved.

Well the thing is THAT YOU SHOULD NOT BELIEVE IN GOD!!! If you just believe in god than it will bring you happiness and you'll do more good deeds which is good, but it won't give you answers to everything...What I'm saying is that if you just believe without any real proof that is of no use for real-life questions BUT IT IS GOOD IN A WAY YOU'LL DO MORE GOOD DEEDS AND PROBABLY BE A BETTER PERSON....LOOK AROUND YOURSELF, how things are all in place in nature, after every winter there is a spring and after day there is always night...this cannot be coincidence as far as i see things and i do not believe in GOD (as someone with a white beard up there), but I believe that there is something GOOD in everyone of us which is more or less hidden (this is why we have killers - even in them is good but it is soo well hidden)...Other than that I think that people talk too much about GOD!! Noone knows the answer to the question WHAT IS GOD ACCTUALLY??? And people point their fingers in the sky - it is up there..come on..Well the truth is that we all seek HAPPINESS and if you look around yourself long enough (many lives), you'll realize that pure joy on this planet without suffering is IMPOSSIBLE...this is why people tend to believe in something like GOD..But this is not a good explanation for me - I cannot just believe that there is something that will help me if i don't help myself...So I realized that the only way one can be happy is that one is NOT ATTACHED TO ANYTHING and ONE JUST LIVE THE PRESENT MOMENT! I think that if you are capable of not being attached to anything (things, mum, dad, kids, job, car, ANYTHING), you won't have to believe in god...greetz

Edited by heavensounds (see edit history)