xisto Community
nustadventist

Is Christianity Just Another Religion Or Its Superior

this is my first edition in the religion section.Anyway guys the question is does Christianity surpass other religions or not.This is what I think.Christianity is a way of life because it is standard to all the world,whether american or zimbabwean or what you can still fit .Beside its one of those religion that has amanual to follow which is the Bible andthe bible presents a God of love which basically pulls its followers toward love and with love all wrongs are righted and all things are made possible so the world can be abetter place to live in.What do others hink??

What do others hink??

I think you probably don't understand very much about other religions. And anyway, why the contest? Who cares if Christianity is superior? Do you need to feel superior over a certain group of people to give value to your life?

Of course it is not. Christianity stemmed from Judaism, plagiarized most of its concepts from its contemporaries, such as the Stoicists. It is as unscientific and mythical as any other religion around the world. Christians are probably the only people who believe that a ?virgin? can give birth to a baby. They are often too busy with their afterlife that they don?t know how to live in this one. If there is anything superior about Christianity, it is only that it is the religion of the wealthier world, making it more appealing to the Third World.

It is as unscientific and mythical as any other religion around the world. Christians are probably the only people who believe that a “virgin” can give birth to a baby.

Clearly, this is stated from ignorance. The Bible has been scientifically proven many times! And, so has the fact that animals can give birth as a virgin. Even in nature it happens! Only, that, besides humans, it happens to be always female. And, yes, it happens rarely. Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

I am preparing to write an article on this guys. But I have already written one in the debates section about if the Bible is true or not. I think you will find it very interesting.nustadventist:Are you an Adventist? I am just looking at your username. I am a Seventh Day Adventist. So naturally I wonder if there was another on. Anyway, I think Christianity is a r3eal religion. There is none other like it. I can say that all the others are alike. They have multiple gods, and worship them in a way that Christianity does not.As far as the Bible. People say it is actually a hoax written over time by copycatters. I beg to differ. Look at the genealogy of some of the books. Are people going to say that someone spent their whole life thinking up names top put in a book? No! The book is real, so are the people in it that were written, and therefore, the Bible is true. That is using the law of deduction I might add. If, then. :angry:

Religion is peoples choices,and that alone.People should not care if people follow their religion, another or none at all.Therefore which one is "superior" is irrelevant.I'm not religious. . . .i'm an Atheist, Heretic, non-believer or what ever you want to brand me, BUT i'm HAPPY with my choices and see myself as a stronger person for not havign to believe in a higher power.Science and Fate and MYSELF rule my life. I'm a good person. I don't need others telling me i'm not because i don't believe in THEIR god. . . . .My opinion:Religion should be a personal choice, and personal practice, it should not be forced on anyone, preached, or compared.Comparring and QUESTIONING OTHER PEOPLES BELIEFS is just PATHETIC and PETTY.Its like Children in a playground saying whos toys are better . . . . . If you really find yourself questioning others beliefs . . . . then maybe you should have a long deep look into your life and its meaning/point . . . . . .

Edit: I noticed Goosestaf's posted while I was writing my reply, I agree 100% with him.In my opinion Christianity and the Bible can go right down the drain with all other religions. Faith is something personal and should not be forced onto other poeple, which is what religious poeple do, they don't get off the back of poeple who differ in opinion from so called "non-believers". O course this is a broad generalization and there are exceptions. But if one looks at the history and evolution of religion, it has done more bad than good to the world and it still is doing more bad than good. Faith is very personal and it should stay that way. Poeple who need to convince other poeple how right and better there believes are, belong right down the toilet with religion, because essentially that is what religion is: brainwashing of the masses. Personally I don't need religion to tell me what is right and wrong, as free mind I can form my own opinions and decide to lead a "good" life without harming anybody around me. Religion, by dictating me my belives takes away that freedom.Yes some poeple actually are inspired by what they read in the Bible or the Koran, or any other such book and some poeple actually make some good out of it, but most poeple don't and a lot of poeple (a whole lot more than those who do good) use the holy books to justify their acts of ignorance and intolerance. If you have faith in such and such God, fine, but keep it to yourself, respect my freedom of faith the same way I respect your freedom of faith. If your faith prevents you from doing such and such things, say an abortion, then don't do it but leave me alone, my faith is different and if I do it, as long as it doesn't affect you I have the right to follow my faith. Now poeple will say but I have the right of free speech and I can proclaim my opinion... yes, but this is not about the right to free speech, this is about respect and tolerance. Respect my faith as I respect yours. Religion, in most cases, takes away that respect for other poeple's faith.

Edited by Blacklaser (see edit history)

Although, i agree with the statements that say, religion isnt something that should be considered better than other things. But, rather, taught in a way where the information is out there, and have people choose whether they want to accept such information. For those who think their religion is better, mind you, they're just playing the "religion game". I, for one, state facts that have been falsified (by science or whatnot), and try to eliminate ignorance, based on actual evidence. Again, it all depends on how well everyone else handles such information.

For those who think their religion is better, mind you, they're just playing the "religion game". I, for one, state facts that have been falsified (by science or whatnot), and try to eliminate ignorance, based on actual evidence. Again, it all depends on how well everyone else handles such information.

That is fair enough.
That is no more than defending ur beliefs.
But do it with out being provoked and its Preaching.

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and the right to defend them, just as i am doing so now.
but saying others are wrong for disagreeing is just moronic . . . . .

Clearly, this is stated from ignorance. The Bible has been scientifically proven many times! And, so has the fact that animals can give birth as a virgin. Even in nature it happens! Only, that, besides humans, it happens to be always female. And, yes, it happens "once every blue moon".

Oye. One of these arguments. truefusion's right in one aspect, since it has been proven scientifically in many aspects although myself being a former athiest and now agnostic ( since nobody really knows what is or is not ), I have some doubts and skepticism about all religions in general. It might be a general bias, but whatever. Anyway, all in all, nobody knows what religion is right and what's wrong and calling any religion superior is arrogant and ignorant. An above post states that Christianity does not teach about superiority and that's correct, since if I recall correctly, it's stated that judging others is a bad thing.

And where is the scientific proof that a virgin can give birth to someone?

Mind you, just cause you've been taught that the only way to make a "baby" is by the sperm to be inserted into an egg, doesnt mean that's the ONLY way. But, rather than asking, go find the answer yourself. Here's something you might find interesting... Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

'Reproduction' and 'birth' are not necessarily the same things. Sure there are other ways to reproduce, but when people refer to 'birth' they're talking about the sperm & egg method of procreation.