xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CinnamorollTK

Server Differences? Between Gamma Delta

I uploaded a script as a free member and saw it worked so I decided to buy hosting. Then I uploaded the script as a paid member and it didn't work. The main thing I noticed is that the free member server's name is gamma and the paid one is delta.

I am mostly worried because if I can't get my script to work, I can't keep staying hosted here.

Is there any way that I can be a paid member and have my script still hosted on the gamma server? Delta's driving me nuts. :angry: Unless there is another more stable server that is "programmed" the same way as gamma is.

To see directly what I mean, I have placed the signup pages on both sites here.

Signup page on delta (paid) |Signup page on gamma (free)

Go to the part where it says to put a URL, type in a URL, then click where it says to test it. You'll see that one works and the other doesn't.

ETA: If anyone knows how to fix the hosting to go to where my free hosting was and yet still charge me the monthly amount, go right ahead and delete the files on the delta server and move the domain to the gamma server. You have my permission. (My hosting name is cinnamon on gamma)

Edited by CinnamorollTK (see edit history)

Hi,We cannot blame this issue on the server. Please note these things :-1. Each server is not guaranteed to have identical set of modules and programs compared other servers in cluster.2. Each server is given basic necessary modules and additional ones are installed Free of Cost if they are acceptable.3. If you are running a program and have special requirements regarding the modules, please update us accordingly at our Support Helpdesk so that we can figure out what is the special requirement of your program/script.4. Make sure about the specific ports used by your program. If any special ports are required, mail helpdesk. We have installed strict security programs on our server. So, we might have to tweek them depending on your requirements.5. It is possible, your scripts are not working due to FILE PERMISSIONS.6. It is possible, your script is not working due to Inappropriate mode of transfer.7. It is also possible that they are not executing due to improper OWNER permission. and there are many other reasons which can lead to this.Please help us solve your query further by mailing HELPDESK and giving them as much detail as possible.

1st : problem with the target page

Index of the old hosting : <form action=/signup.php method=post name=nu>

Index of the new : <form action= method=post name=nu>

PHP version / config may be different, so enable full error reporting in your scripts to see what happens

Some clues : register_globals, magic_quotes...

2nd : (remark) you don't respect W3C rules

for example you must write parameters between quotes (<form action="/signup.php" method="post" name="nu">), use external stylesheets instead of embedded code & deprecated elements, use "table" only to display data arrays...

Better rendering into browsers, code more clean...

Tell me if you need more help

Good luck :angry:

I wasn't blaming the server. I actually blame the script because its a pain to find hosting for. I just wanted to know if there was a difference that could cause it to work one place and not another.And when I said more stable I meant it has a bit better uptime. I saw a topic about Xisto being up and down.And thanks Mathieu - I now see what could cause the errors (I just got into PHP so I don't know much about it)Either way, I sent a ticket to the help desk. They're fixing the issue now. :angry: