xisto Community
playboyhan666

Am I Ready To Have A Sexual Relationship? HELP

IM 13 N IM READY FOR SEX. I THINK ABOUT IT ALLOT. PLEASE HELP

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Although I value your post, I ask you to review the forum rules (no one liners) and take this discussion seriously. Your post can be viewed both ways--a mockery or genuine concern--however this post lacks content. Next will result in warning. Topic title modified.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Good, keep thinking about it... explore yourself and your body, but put the real thing off for a couple more years at least. A lot of poeple think they're ready when they really aren't, this is an important decsion, so consider talking to your parents or councellors about it.

Your username would definately suggest you aren't ready. Blacklaser is right in saying a lot of people think they're ready when they're not.. There's a lot more to "being ready" than knowing what it is and wanting to try it. Being 13, I doubt you have a steady relationship with anyone.. maybe you do, I could be wrong, but generally speaking, a typical thirteen year olds relationship consists of either bholding hands and occasionally kissing or going all out with sex and stuff before they're really ready. Having been there myself, I can say that 13 year olds don't really know as much about that stuff as they would like to think. Anyways, point being, don't randomly have sex with someone just because you think you're ready for it. Part of being ready involves having a partner you trust/care about who is also ready..I sound like my mother or something :)'

Oh my gosh...you are not ready. Don't even think about it.

absoloutly!!!

you are thirteen years old, there should be no such thing as "I was to have sex" on your mind, what should be on your mind is school and good grades, and even if you are getting good grades what should be on your mind besides sex is after school programs because that is what collages look at...they dont really look at people who had sex on their minds at the age of 13, lol anyways the point is, you are wayyy to young...dont be worried about sex, or peer pressure about sex, if someone says cmon me you boys bathroom 5th period, say no and walk away....

Thats the sad truth about youth these days.Growing up before their ready.i know what its like tho. . . .I mean you question was quite pointless and gave no info as to ur "partner" so how anyone can anyone give you an opinion based on ur sitaution, other than your 13. . . .. and way too young. . . .

Easy. If you've gotta ask, then definitely not.I know it's trite and cliched and that everyone says this, but you'll know it when you're ready. If you're having sex just because everyone else is, then I have to tell you that unless you're at least in your late teens, just about everyone else is lying. Besides, based on the fact that you're only thirteen, you posted a one-liner with capslock on, and looking at your nick, you're just plain too immature to even risk ending up with a kid before you graduate high school.

While I'd tend to agree with all the people above, the viewpoint is quite a bit slanted. Evolutionarily, we become sexually mature somewhere between 9 and 19. This is for a reason. Back in the middle ages, 13 was a perfect time to be an adult, have sex, and have a family. Currently, sociatially (well, in most societies), under-age sex is frowned upon, and with good reason -- it's a big deal.I'd go with an alternate rubric to what's be previously proposed:Are you comfortable with your partner? Can you talk about sex with them frankly and specifically? Have you talked to them about what kind of protection (condoms, birth control pill, etc) you'll want to use? Have you figured out what you'd do if you or your partner (depending on who's female) got pregnant from having sex? Are you sure that both you and your partner want sex, and not just to please the other person? Have you tried other sexual things besides sexual intercourse? Are you sure that later in your life, for religious/moral/other reasons you won't regret having sex now? If your parents found out about you having sex, would their reaction be ok? Better yet, have you talked with your parents about it? They might be more supportive than you would think.Only, and I mean *only* choose to have sex if you're 100% certain that it's what you personally want. Don't worry about your partner; if they care for you they'll be willing to wait.Make sure you have someone to talk to (besides your partner) about it. People on the internet don't really count in that respect; you need someone who can give you strait-forward, intelligent and honest answers. (Other 13 year olds might not always be the best choice.)I've tried responding to you in a way that treats you like a fellow human being, capable of making your own choices. Many people (and most of our governments) choose to act like it's not your choice until you're legally of age. But in the end, it's your decision; no-one can prevent you short of locking you up. Please act responsibly and carefully, and make sure you won't later regret anything. You will have many opportunities later in life (trust me) to try sex if you decide to delay it now.I'm sorry if anyone finds my post offensive or immoral, but I felt that I had to be honest and genuine with my response.

First of all, you shouldn't ask people on the internet if you are ready for sex. And you shouldn't even think about sex until you are at least in college or highschool. Talk to your parents or someone about sex and get educated so you don't regret it.

First of all, you shouldn't ask people on the internet if you are ready for sex. And you shouldn't even think about sex until you are at least in college or highschool. Talk to your parents or someone about sex and get educated so you don't regret it.

thats true man, you should talk with your parents about this. or your brotheres or sisters if you have one. or a close friend you truly trust.
whatever you decide please do it safe no matter what people tell you. you dont want to have a kid at you age right now, believe me. And a HIV or other sexual deseases aren't cool to walk around with. again: whatever you do: have SAFE sex, always use a condom! just becareful. :angry:

i know you heard that a 1000 times, but when you are experienced with sex, it gets harder to be clear in you head and think about condoms when you are at that point you just want to rip somebody's clothes off...i think many people can relate to that? :angry:

wow so you are telling that you entered teens and is ready for sex ,hehe i dont know which culture tou are from but i dont think the other person you will need to have sex will be so ready as you, maybe i am wrong but having sex at your age is still not a common thing in most places in the world civilised or uncivilised , i guess you will have to wait for atleast a couple of years before your dreams are going to come true so have patience and keep dreaming and i am sure you are not going to die a virgin :angry:

Easy. If you've gotta ask, then definitely not.

Exactly what I was going to say.

You're only 13 years old. You're far too young to be thinking about that kind of stuff. Focus on schoolwork and friends and having fun for now. Save yourself for when you're older and are with someone that you truly care about, not for just experimenting and trying it out now. If you do it now, then there's a strong chance that you'll regret it later in life. It's too big a thing to throw away now.

well i heard that if you can even go out to buy yourself a condom then you arent ready for sex...your body maybe physically developed to have sex but mentally you are probably not...i would first try to know everything i can about sex before i actually do have sex no the consequence what you should do what not to do...understand your partner and communicate with them which helps during sex...

I lost my virginity at 13, and i got something i wish i could give back. Don't do it, thats just simple. Dont have any kind of sex, some people assume its okay to have other sexual activities, but if it can give you an STD, dont do it...Obviously your going to think about sex, most teens do and if they say they dont they are lying. Some think bout how they arent gonna do it, others think bout how they want to. But basically just think about it, don't do it. If you arent ready for kids, or an STD then you arent ready for sex. Sex isnt just bang bang and you are done, sometimes yeah its that simple but now-a-days its more like bang bang baby, bang bang syphilis. just dont do it untill you are atleast 18, atleast then you can account for whatever problems it may give you.

even if and when you are 18, if you plan on going to collage, do that first...dont go about have a baby and have to support collage and babies, save that until after collage when you are making bug bucks, and you can afford the mortgage on a house, as well as a baby...i think that would be the smart thing to do. but stilll, it is up to you, i just strongly adivse against it, you can get somthing you dont want after a few years of collage and baby, or a baby and making 11k $(11,000) a year if you are lucky.