xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sxyloverboy

Fire Breathing What do you think?

Ok so ive decided i want to start to spit fire. what is the real name for it in english? i think its firebreathing but im not sure. this is what i mean: http://www.hborchert.de/images/feuerspucken.jpg

ive been reading around on the internet and i think its not as dangerous as you might think if youve never done it before. The first time i though about it i though about how it would be if it burned your mouth and all of that. But even little kids do it on birthday partys and all that.

I wanted to ask if any of you know anything i should think about. any opinions on this.

** forgot to press submit/ one hour later **

Ok so i tried it with wheat and nesqui but it dosent really work :P if i throw the nesquit at the flame with a spoon it works but not from my mouth. and it dosent really burn very well either. does anybody know any safe things i can use to spit fire that are easy to get?

thanks for any help :)

Wow... what a topic. I guess you'd have to research it XD;You say "Little kids do it at birthday parties", and eh.... not in this country they don't. Or at least, I've never see a ten-year-old spitting fire o.o;I guess if you Google it, you can find anything... but maybe it just takes practice, ne? ^^~

You can see this sort of show on almost every other street here in Mexico, and the best thing is that its free, but you can always cooperate.

It takes a brave person to spit fire.. =/ It can be dangerous. :) If you happen to start doing it, be careful. "It's a dangerous world out there, Timmy"But it does look interesting. *grabs the nearest stick lit on fire*

I remember watching a segment on discovery channel that was talking about fire breathing and fire eating and they said that many of the fuels used by the stunt performers are carcinogenic meaning that you could get cancer from doing it. Unless you already have your mind really set on being a fire breather I would seriously recommend you reconsider for your own health.

@Togi:Hehe well its not always the extraordinary form you see from real preformers. and you dont have to do it with liquids always. :P When you use wheat or nesquick its pretty safe i would say. but the again the effect of the flame is like cept to a minimum. But i guess that its cool for kids at night. @xhfwrestling:Lol ok im not gonna try that. but the link is good. thanks for linking it. Has a lot of useful information. :D@FLaKes:Wow seems fun. I really wanna go there right now. i think that would probably be the best way to learn it. @Arigato:Lol well its not always fuel. also alcohols are used. maybe bad for the liver if you drink them:P thanks for the tipp though :)Ill post more about my progress soon :)

Um...I'm not sure how accurate this is, but don't you just make sure that your breath is well saturated with alcohol or some sort of fuel and breathe out at an open flame? Technically, the alcohol/fuel saturated air will catch on fire and it'll look like you're blowing fire. I could be wrong, though.

Ok..breathing fire, now that's cool. I myself am a pyro, so I know this, FIRE BURNS! Never breathe in with fluid in your mouth for one...

Try small stuff.

*Highlight text to read it, MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY DON'T TRY THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING*

The best lighters for this is a Bic, make sure you removing the protective flick stick so it'll make lighting the lighter easier and quicker, for this is important. First, hold the lighter upside down and put just the metal part in your mouth, make sure it's air tight. Now press the gas release button so the fluid goes in your mouse. *DO DON'T BREATHE IN!* Hold it for about 15 seconds. Light the lighter and put it close to your mouth, not to close that you burn yourself though. And then SLOWLY breathe out.

Pretty cool huh?

I suggest start small and work your way up. :angry: Become fires friends!

@misere:lol ok your going to have to get VERY drunk to have enough alcohol in your breath to breathe fire. i mean i tried with alcohol that had 40% and spitting it right at the flame and that didnt light. but think that theres going to be a lot les % of alcohol in your breath. so then your probably going to pass out from drinking it before you can actualy do the fire breathing :angry: Thanks for the idea though. :D@Ao)K-General:hehe ok thanks. ill try and be carefull and notget hurt. :angry:@Kubi:Hm ok THAT sounds dagerous. Ive seen/tried to do something similar when you let the gas flow into your closed fist and then light it. I dont think i want all the gas to ignite in my mouth. Im going to try with this local alcohol. its called wheat rum or somehting. usualy hasaround 80% alcohol. should work. :DThanks for everybodys input. I'll post some pics when this works. XD

Ok everybody the stunt has been preformed. I would like to thank everybody for all your support. An i am not hurt nor burnt anywhere. For those that are intrested in the technical details of it i used some highly concentrated alcohol from Austria to spit the fire. It was STROH (wheatrum)80%. I used a pice of cloth that i pource Aceton over and put it around the top of a stich as a torch and then i had a friend to take some photos of thise event with me.

Anyways as i promised you get the photos <_<

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I used a Canon EOS 350D with a Peleng 8mm fisheye for these photos. And ofcourse i shot in raw so then i edited them with Rawshooter Essentials. I purposely tryed to get a dirty feeling to it for a kind of industrial atmosphere.

And before you ask. no it wasnt hard to capture the flames at that and i did not need a lot of tries. Since the spay of alcohol onto the fire takes a few seconds the photographer has enough time to press the shutter.

Here is a shot of the setup:

Posted Image

The ladder was used for the high perspective in picture 2.