xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rugbyleague

Nervous About Dating. I M 40 Yrs Old.

I would suggest, date as much as possible. Add a little spice in life by hanging out with more people and try to communicate people whom you don't know.Small things like these will build confidence in you. Things should be fine later.Why do you sweat ?What is the thing bothering you?What questions run into your mind at that time?What are you usually thinking about ?Are you afraid of something ?Try asking these questions to yourself and find a solution :)

Been there, done that. It was uncomfortable, yes. I started to do things in 'groups' to remove some of the pressures and it helped. I would go to the local swimming pool 3 or 4 times a week, and joined a Running club, and then a 'group' of us would go for 'coffee' afterwards to relax. A mixed crowd. It became something to look forward to. Also, as time goes by, you will develop some confidence and self-esteem, so don't expect great things to happen over night. Relax, be yourself and the stress of 'dating' won't be as severe.

This is one problem area a divorced men and women face. They tend to think that people are not comfortable with them or they are not getting well with others. This is simply their fear which others don't think at all. If you are divorced and have kids may be it will take time to find the right relationship with your opposite sex but there is no need to have fear; others don't think otherwise, the problem is you are released from where you are confined with your wife which has created emptiness around you and trying to fill in takes time and you have fear. I suggest that like others said, you should go to club, swimming pools, and others where there will be more chance to interact with others. BTW, I'm joining swimming class next week!

Depending on where you live I suppose, you could try making some new friends using a dating website(s).I have a friend (female, married twice, divorced twice) who always has several freindships/relationships on the go simultaneously, and all originating through contacts made on the internet.The surprising thing is that knowing her location, you might be forgiven for thinking that no way would internet dating be any good, you know, lowish population area and not the most computer literate part of the world.Yet she seems to have an endless supply of suitors all of whom think the world of her, send flowers, take her on holidays etc.She's been doing this for about 3 years now, the fact that she has not settled down with anybody is her choice, not because there was no-one that she could not ultimately get along with.So I would suggest: Give it a try, but don't go looking for love straight off, rather try and make some new friends, and it is not even important to meet right away, you can have a lot of fun on the telephone, instant messaging, sending each other music etc.

I know what you mean by al lthis and all the advice given so far is good to follow.Often going int osomethign expecting somethign at the end of it is the wrong thign t odo as it puts lots of pressure on yourself. Just date, but jus for friendship. Even if just have this mindset you won't feel so pressured by anything, and should just relax.Doing thigns as a group initially is a good way to build up confidence.If after trying everythign you still feel nervous and such, maybe your jus not ready for doin soemthin so soon.good lucks anyways.