xisto Community
tt3

Remote Control Finder

while your up pushing the the button on the t.v. to find the remote control so you can change the channel, can you please press button 4? conan obrian is on and he's cool.
good luck finding that remote too...

I ten thousand times % agree with this person who brought up this subject, I never understood why noone made it yet. I have read people saying that while you stand up to press the button you could change channel, the bottom line is we never lose the remote all the time. If we find the remote we can operate the tv as many times we want to. There are few gadgets that are made to find stuff like one remote to find another but if you lose both nothing is going to help. A button built in on a tv wont get lost. There are some cordless phone that has this feature.

today you can go and buy a led tv which has image processing system which means you can do all the stuffs you do with a remote control with just your hands so there is no need to use a remote control and thus no remote control finder is needed either. but anyway in some very old tvs which had a sound based remote control (not infrared one) there were a button on tv which when you press it, remote controller will make some noise and you will find it. but they have removed this function in new TVs . i think combining of voice commands and image processing will result the best stuff and there will not be any error or mistake and a remote controller can be completely removed.

I seriously can't believe I am engaging in this kind of conversation but I'll try my best to be understanding.

Alright, so maybe you guys are right. Maybe remote control units do get lost from time to time. Maybe it's a ploy by television companies so you can keep on buying remote controls like every other consumable product. Maybe pressing a button on your TV to make your remote control "beep" its presence represents an immense scientific breakthrough in the frontier of weight gain technology, I don't know. I'm just speculating.

Then again, I think I've heard a quote before that an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure so, like, I don't know how you guys do it but I reckon this one kinda hits it spot-on.

simply putting away the remote in a designated spot on a table or something

Then again, I'm not really all that familiar with couch potato culture so if you'll please excuse my ignorance ^_^

everything that we see these days are leading us to a coach potato culture anyway as mentioned in my previous post, new LED televisions doesn't need any remote control for normal operations they only need remote for some special functions like configuring channels or some main tv settings (like turning on password and etc) but for regular works like changing program or changing volume they use gestures made by your hands (just like Kinect for xbox). about putting rc on a table i should say that currently we are doing this in our house but every time you want to turn tv on you should search for it on every table and when you find it, it is under table :D , just look at wireless telephones which used in homes most of these telephones have a button that indicates where telephone is so an indicator for a tv rc is not a bad idea either but manufactures are trying to remove rc completely not to make it enhanced.

about putting rc on a table i should say that currently we are doing this in our house but every time you want to turn tv on you should search for it on every table and when you find it, it is under table :D

Wow, I wonder about that... I seriously wonder why this does not work for some people, I mean, the concept is pretty straightforward enough, in my opinion. In our house, we always put the remote control on a specific table, that way, we don't have to search for it in other tables. And we keep our tables neat and inanimate, I mean, our furniture do not "mysteriously" take objects on top of them and put it underneath. Now, I don't know if some cultures simply enjoy the thrill of the scavenger hunt or the mystery of haunted furniture but, really now, I think the main issue is not how to find an object when it is lost but how to stop it from getting lost. And if I may humbly suggest so, the following instructions seem simple enough:

Allot a specific spot for your remote control. On top of the TV, a coffee table, a side table, whatever.

Do not assign ALL tables, chairs or surfaces in your house. Allot exactly one table for your remote control

Retrieve remote control from its spot. Turn on the TV. Enjoy.

Turn off TV. Put remote control back in its rightful place.

Keep the spot, no, keep your house free of clutter.

In case remote control's resting place is disturbed and the remote control falls down, do not ignore this event. Put it back.

See, not so difficult, is it? Then again, maybe some people do need to hoard their precious calories and would rather live with the problem than solve it so... I dunno.

An interesting idea, but somehow I dont see it being implemented. In reality, your remote cant be far from your TV, so placing something in the remote that beeps when a button is pressed on the TV wouldnt be that effective, as the area it could be in surrounding the TV is relatively small. Also, how often would people use it? I for one would never use it, I hardly watch TV and I certainly never lose the remote.

I too thought about these long back,, but there are many things to think,, what if TV response to your voice. like if you want to see "Discovery Channel" if you just tell the name to turn to your desired channel.