xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheSalesman

Traffic Exchange

hey mantraffic exchanges can be awesome if used right.I actually run one here at Xisto, its doonohits.trap17.com . I am just experimenting with it so to say and if it has success will move it to its own domain + paid hosting.Most of the people that use traffic exchanges use it to get views for some site where they get a certain CPM rate for showing that website (CPM=cost per thousand impressions)So for example if a website advertises a $0.40 CPM rate, a user has the option to join a free traffic exchange, send 1000 hits to that website and get 40 cents.In theory it works great, in practice its a bit different.Most traffic exchange users surf with java disabled, pictures and images disabled, and other tweaks that could be considered cheating because if those are disabled, the person showing their website doesn't get credited because of it.Also count the many times the site doesn;'t load properly. I would say out of 1000 hits sent to a website using a traffic exchange, depending on the quality of the users of that exchange, you could get anywhere between 200-600 actual hits to your website.Best thing to do is experiment yourself. Most traffic exchanges are free to signup so in a few minutes you can count the hits yourself and see if they actually work for you :)

I wouldn't bother with these surf exchange programs they don't bring in any targeted visitors - people that WANT to see your webste.Just remember, other people will onyl pay as much attention to your site as you pay to the other sites you see on the program for 30 seconds - very little!

And if you are using Adsense, using these services is against the Google Adsense TOS. See my post located HERE for more about this.

Edited by True2Earn (see edit history)

And if you are using Adsense, using these services is against the Google Adsense TOS. See my post located HERE for more about this.

Very useful point you have raised here. Since I am the one who wants to continue using adsense this kind of traffic exchange should be a no-no for me. Thanks for the information.

Also, I heard that search engines don't like this kind of exchange of traffic. It is too fake and we don't get exactly the type of visitors that we are looking forward to as well. Make any website but distinctly and have own way of presenting the information to net users, traffic will just increase.

you'd need to have a very general website for them to be useful. you ould perhaps use them to increase the displayes on banner exchaneg programs you're advertising on your site.They're not very good targeted visitors though. just a waste of bandwidth usually.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I just signed up to one and I got 284 unique pageviews in one day, I'm about to run out of traffic (not a good thing when you think about it, really) My usual visitors is 25, so this is fantastic, I'm the number 9 spongebob fansite, where I'm usually number 20. It's great. Really, it is...