xisto Community
illdevilinc

Seo Software

Hey everyone!
Im looking for some FREE SEO tools that i can use to bring my sites page rank up!
The funny thing about how google is handleing this is:
1.) Google has over 40 pages indexed and cache pages on my site
2.) Google has placed some of my pages as in the top ten pages, yet the page rank for that page is still zero???
3.) My site has a PHP Link Exchange program on every page.
4.) My content (according to users on the Xisto forums) is good
5.) I am not over optimizing my site
But anyways if anyone knows any SEO Tools and/or software that i can use to potimize my site that is FREE please tell me.
----OR----
If any one has any intrist to look at my site and give me suggestions on how to improve my site then you could also tell me them!!
For the second choice my site is
IDI Metal Music (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ if the link dosent work)
thanks everyone

Well, correct my if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, all SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) stuff is based on guesses and coincidences. I mean, no one (except google it self) for sure and 100% certainly knows how google ranks pages as it is kind of commercial secret (like recipe for CocaCola).To mention one of the most popular believes that your site does not comply with, that google gives higher ranking to pages that <title> element text marches with the first line of web page that has to be <H1> element and its colour has to be black. In your case it means total inverse of your colour sheme.

To mention one of the most popular believes that your site does not comply with, that google gives higher ranking to pages that <title> element text marches with the first line of web page that has to be <H1> element and its colour has to be black.

Colour has to be black? Where'd you pull that one from? :)

Firstly, the colors does not need to be black for Google's spider to go around your site. Secondly, even if the requirement really needs to be a black colored scheme, illdevilinc's site is already black. He should already be on Google by now.

My point is, you don't need a black colored page for Google to seek your site. Actually I did not do anything to my website. It automatically goes into Google when I searched for my name in it. Somehow, Xisto's pages will be crawled by Google. So there's isn't much to worry about your site appearing on Google.

Alternatively, you can also add your own web URL in google for them to crawl your site in their next journey. That should quicken the process if you think it's quite slow appearing in Google.
https://www.google.com/

Hey everyone!
----OR----
If any one has any intrist to look at my site and give me suggestions on how to improve my site then you could also tell me them!!
For the second choice my site is
IDI Metal Music (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ if the link dosent work)
thanks everyone

listen, without going to your site, i will offer 1 suggestion that will do wonders. since it's said that google gives less relevance now to keywords and description(description is still important when people read your description in googles index results) , try to get some good sites to link to you. find the top 10 sites over lets say the top 10 keywords = 100 sites and try to get 5-10 to link to you. this is more important than getting any site linking to you and google will penalize. this is the problem with link exchanges and you need to spend hours over time doing this manually emailing webmasters but well worth it in the long run. make sure these other sites are related to yours and make sure youhave exceptional content that can't be found anywhere else. also make sure these other sites are getting a lot of hits to their sites and ranked high.

alot of people are too lazy to get the quality links back so a little hard work and you could be on the first page in no time depending on your keywords and seo which still remain a little bit of a factor.

what google is doing now, and they seriously changed their algorythms about 6 months ago(a lot of people lost their top positions) is making searches more relevant by directly relating it to page content and and quality links back to your site. 1000 links are a lot worse than 50 quality links.

my belief is search engines will follow suit soon while google being the innovator trying to get rid of the spam websites being ranked high. optimize for google and when the other search engines follow suit, you'll be doin' REALLY good in the long run. takes time, patience, and hard work, but well worth it in the long run.

ok, i just browsed your site for a whole 10 seconds and will make a few suggestions and if in the future, you want more after you corrected for seo, you can mail me....you have WAY too much java script at the top of your page. get rid of it all. i used to be a photographer and just like photography, website design is give and take. ask yourself what is more important, seo, or fancy stuff that some people may not see(some leave java off on their browsers) like flash or java,etc... the spiders will not see anything within your java script. also, you need your keywords and description metatags within the head. although it wont help with google that much, it will help for other engines and it doesn't hurt to put keywords or descriptions within your metatags so do that as well.now i only visited your main page which is supposed to be a general page for everything you have on your site and since main pages are usually general for sites that have 5+ pages, it's harder to get a high ranking for a general page so it's more important to get your sub pages listed as well at high ranking for certain key words and content.(a lot of people don't optimize their sub pages which is a mistake and only submit their main page.....another mistake) make sure all pages are linked together so when the spider comes, it can follow all the links and makes it easier for all pages to get indexed(you might have already done this, i don't know)search engines also put a higher emphises on words in bold and h1,h2 tags. i'm not too sure about the big tag. but be gentle because you still want your site to look good wihout all your keywords being in bold or h1.put your most relevant content towards the top of the page. search engines give more relevance on the top 1/4 of the page. why you may by hurting with all that java script at the top eventually.hope this helps. confusing, but read up on seo constantly. there are many articles and newsletters on it. subscribe to a couple good ones. there are some good free e-books out there as well.do your research. like i said, takes time, but well worth it. also, don't take any 1 persons word for anything. eventually, you will be able to test for yourself what works. even the smartest people out there in seo doesn't know it all....especially when search engines are VERY secritive with their algorythms in how they rank! but there are people out there that keep themselves up to date on what works and what doesn't so i would tend to follow their advice over others.

oh, i was going to run your site through my program ipb 8, didn't have any keywords to optimize for. it would have given you a starting point to start optimizing.also, a quick note to everyone, i found Xisto on google. trap 17 is indexed on google. it's important that when you get your free website up and running, to post in the new website section of the forum. what this will do is get google to recognize your site when it spiders Xisto for new content. you wont even have to submit to google and you can get listed QUICK this way rather than wait a month before the spiders get to your site. make sure you have all your sub pages linked together along with your main page and also, make sure you have a sitemap link on your main page and sub pages. this makes it EASY for the search engines like google to index each and every page!

I have a PR3 website that does very well in google and a PR4 site that is barly mentioned, its in the top 200 for its keywords... :) Why? The PR3 website keywords have less competition and traffic, but the PR4 site's keywords are very competitive. YOu may want to check your competition for the keywords and re-optimise your website if google hasn't indexed it within 4 months.

Colour has to be black? Where'd you pull that one from? :)

Sorry mate, I woun't be able to give you reference to specific source now, but I definately read that when I made my research partly on my disertation, partly on my work as Web Project Manager. Of course, it was couple of years ago and once again, as far as I know - noeone for sure knows how google works and rates websites as it is the commertial secret.

Oh, and by the way, the text (not background) colour has to be/is recomended to be black to get higher rating, not to be included in index.

Edited by RaveNBlack (see edit history)

Sorry mate, I woun't be able to give you reference to specific source now, but I definately read that when I made my research partly on my disertation, partly on my work as Web Project Manager. Of course, it was couple of years ago and once again, as far as I know - noeone for sure knows how google works and rates websites as it is the commertial secret.
Oh, and by the way, the text (not background) colour has to be/is recomended to be black to get higher rating, not to be included in index.

Okay everyone all of these black text to get a higher rating things are false. Google's search does NOT look at the "ffffff" What is does look at is the content. If you read the google rating manual available at GOOGLE. They do mention that they do not look at codes included in the quotation marks. So the code in my page that is built in on my page is <bla bla bla font="ffffff"> in conclution it rads the <bla bla bla but does NOT read the "ffffff"> In there explanation why thay dont read that part of the code is security reasons. Dont ask why cause i have know idea how that messes with security but i think it has something to do with JavaScript and there spiders. But anyways if anyone has anything to say about this quote it because i know there is at least a couple of people that are going to try to prove me wrong.
And for the people saying stuff about how to get indexed on google. I dont need that i have over 50 pages catched and indexed in google. But thanks everyone for helping!!

I didn't know about google not reading the code tages <...> I suppose it does make sense as google is only really interested in the text. BUt I'm positive google does read the alt tags for images which are inside the < ... > ???

I didn't know about google not reading the code tages <...> I suppose it does make sense as google is only really interested in the text. BUt I'm positive google does read the alt tags for images which are inside the < ... > ???

Thanks for bringing that up google does read alt tags because it is an image. They will read EVERYTHING in the tag if it starts with img because they do need to know the information about the image for the image search. But the truth of the madder is the spider bot and the pagerank bot do not see the page like you or me they only see text versions of it. So they would not see the image but they would see what the alt makes the image say. And as for links they are counted as text they load whats in the "" but they do not read them. If anyone can obtain a Spider browser and see what i mean!

Why on earth would you use javascript for the rollover menu at the top?? What you're taking could easily be converted into CSS. Take a second to learn a bit of CSS, especially its rollovers: https://www.google.com/search?q=css%20rollovers

I recommend the first two sites.

Using CSS instead of extraneous markups will improve your rank in google because your page will be easier to read by the google spider. Also, convert your site from tables to CSS. To see sites that use CSS to achieve aesthetics, go here: http://www.cssmania.com/galleries/

Just look at the source code in any of those sites. You will see that they don't have one table tag in there. That's because tables should be used to display ONLY tabular data.

How long has your site been online? It usually takes a couple of months for sites to be indexed AND have a pagerank in google. It's called the Google sandbox, and it's there to prevent spam sites from dominating google's searches. What's the best thing to do then? Be patient.

Why on earth would you use javascript for the rollover menu at the top?? What you're taking could easily be converted into CSS. Take a second to learn a bit of CSS, especially its rollovers: https://www.google.com/search?q=css%20rollovers

I recommend the first two sites.

Using CSS instead of extraneous markups will improve your rank in google because your page will be easier to read by the google spider. Also, convert your site from tables to CSS. To see sites that use CSS to achieve aesthetics, go here: http://www.cssmania.com/galleries/

Just look at the source code in any of those sites. You will see that they don't have one table tag in there. That's because tables should be used to display ONLY tabular data.

How long has your site been online? It usually takes a couple of months for sites to be indexed AND have a pagerank in google. It's called the Google sandbox, and it's there to prevent spam sites from dominating google's searches. What's the best thing to do then? Be patient.

I use JavaScript because its less of a hassle to use then using CSS. Also that whole navigation structure was automaticly Generated By Microsoft Frontpage 2003. And about the google indexing i have over 50 pages in google so i dont have any problem with the indexing my site is not in the sandbox.

Remember, Google wants to add your site to their index. There wouldn't be much point in not indexing one's site because Google's main objective in life is to be the largest and most complete internet database in the world. Just make sure you do not over-optimize your site, otherwise, it will get penalized.