xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
truefusion

[truefusion] Large 3d Piece Chronos

I figure I'd give such a thing a try. I'd say it's not all that bad. First time doing such a thing. Though, i think i went a bit overboard, in some areas. Anywho, R&C.

it looks nice, what program did you use to make it? looks neat!-Siotoxin, if you are talking about the text on the bottom left, it says Chronos

Under the Chronos it looked like their was some text. I had assumed maybe there was visible text but the image was shrinked down. But now when I look at it on a better monitor(not a laptop), it just looks like nothing. :)

Very interesting piece but with room for improvement. There's a few main things I noticed:- composition: it is very centered, extending out, this is ok, but for a piece like this you should try playing with compositon some to make it more interesting, the viewer is used to all kinds of "centered" designs from daily life and an off cnter composition will keep a viewers interest for longer- contrast: you have very high conytrast in some areas, for my taste slighty too high as it blocks out a lot of details who could give your piece more charcter- tonal balance: your piece is very light at the top and ver dark at the bottom, you should try to balance that out more, to pull the viewers gaze down, give the viewers something to look at to keep him interested.- lighting: the structure itself has a few weird "ligting moments", especially on the right side where you have shadow and bright reflections right next to each other, try balancing that out too to make it look more natural, as if coming from a definet lightsource, this also goes with tonal balance.Ok enough of crit, now some things I liked:- Color: you got some really nice colors going on in there they work well together, keep that up (especially lefthand side top and center)- detail: you seem to have great detail, bring more out!- you have some nice negative space in there, try emphasizing it by paying with you composition as mentioned earlier.Overall nice piece, very well done for a first, but as always it leaves room for improvement, 6/10