xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beeseven

Plasma Pong! Pong + physics = ...

http://www.plasmapong.com/

Plasma Pong is basically a cross between Pong and a fluid dynamics demo. It's similar to Pong in that a ball flies around the screen and you have to hit it with your paddle onto your opponent's side, but you have two special abilities:

You can shoot plasma onto the field, which flows around and changes the path of the ball

You can create a black-holeish kind of field around your paddle which will suck in the ball

As you progress through the game, your plasma and the suction become stronger, but the AI's do, too. There's also a tech demo which you can get to by pressing F1. When you start up the game, it gives you a list of buttons and what they do for the demo and game, but there are a few that they don't tell you about:

(game) L - automatic level up

(game) T - show intended path of ball

(demo) Hold MMB (middle mouse button), hold RMB, drag, release MMB, release RMB - create jet with infinite ink

(demo) Hold MMB (middle mouse button), hold LMB, drag, release MMB, release LMB - create jet with infinite particles (note: this is the only way I've gotten visible particles in the demo)

You can also use the LMB and RMB together to create a jet with particles and ink. Finally, there's a params.txt file that you can use to change different things, like the initial strength of the jet and suction, the resolution, and some physicsy stuff (I recommend having a backup or writing down the numbers that you change so you don't have to redownload the game to get them back).

I've downloaded the game because i was bored and had nothing else to do but im glad i did it.this game is awesome, the graphis are pretty decent (sometimes the effects are a bit pixelized but that might just be my laptop acting up) and overall is just cool looking.its like playing pong with cool special effects :)Thanks for letting us know about this game :P

very interesting game, defintely adds some spice to the old verson of "pong." Thanks, im gonna sue this for my laptop when I am board on the plane. :)