xisto Community
Twulz

Realm Crafter -a Mmorpg Creator whats evry1 think of it?

I've just come across Realm Crafter (a MMORPG creator) and i was just wondering what evry1 thought of it, if you've used it, what r the pros and cons and is it worth getting? ANY info is appreciated! :)

Notice from mayank:
Edited topic title & description

See to me that program looks like it can be great after you work through the thick skin. Meaning it has a lot of power but it takes some specialized knowledge of the program itself to use all that power. But it probably has many limitations to it much like RPG Maker does.

Well Realm Crafters is COOL. Costs money thought but gives LOTS of options. Demo version is awesome, so real version must be super sweet, don't know alot to say about the program though, I guess.

I used the program a little, or at least tried to. It's minimum resource requirement is actually lower than it should be, it overloaded and overheated my computer when I tried it.

I don't know how old this topic is... But if you notice, there are no games made with realmcrafter... Thats because there engine cant handle a MMORPG like it says it can, there hasnt been one fully functional game made with it... And if there has been it glitches and crashes within a week... The most ive ever seen be able to get on is 25... So I do not reccomend it if your planning on going big...

Realmcrafter

Realm Crafter -a Mmorpg Creator

This is an excellent program, not too hard to use but be aware that it doesn't run work in New Zealand because the internet speed is too slow (in all of ZN) and I have contacted the RC staff several times and have had no reply.

Yeah, i was wondering ,...............

I was wondering if Rc was a good a MMO RPG maker because I've tried game maker and it kinda sucks. And I want one that has preety good graphics. Pm me if you have any info.

-reply by marshmellow

Since others here in 2008 are replying to a 2006 post.. And the post is still on the net so others can read it.. Ill give my own comment.Realm Crafter is a great program for a person/indie company to develop a mmorpg with, you basically get to create whatever mmorpg game you want. The RC scripting language is no harder to learn then Javascript or Visual basic(if you can't manage to learn it, forget the entire idea of ever making your own game because your too clueless). If you want some features which RC does not already contain, you can get the source code (not the game editor source code, just the game client, server sources) and apply whatever additional features you wish. RC Professional(Rc 2.0) will be written in C++, the current Standard version (1.2) is written in Basic.Good luck with you're game creation. The reason you don't see many if any games developed by RC is because people usually can't afford the advertising companies like Blizzard can. And you can't seriously expect a 4 person team to make a game that compares to one of the biggest game development companies in the world. Your working on the indie game development scale, games like Knight Online, Thang Online , etc-reply by Phil

I would like to say that there are indeed games made by Realm Crafter. I am a GM of one called: Apocalypse Online. And there are many paid jobs on their forum for games. Most of these have over 20 workers.Play an RC game! It's free from an awesome guy in Sweden. The game is in fact English.Apoc-online.NetWonderful game, I'm a GM of it.-reply by Brett

Um I was wondering about Realm crafters too,is their programming language hard to learn, does the new mega builder terrain thing actually help?

Replying to iGuestErm, game maker doesnt ****... The fact that it combines the logical thinking of programming with ease of use is brilliant, and as for relam crafter... Good for a small team to make a small, kwl, mmo, source code access means if you can programm, the opertunities are limitless, if you cant... There not limitless but there not bad, but it takes alot of 3d models to build a mmorpg...-reply by Dude

yes its awsome

Ive tried the demo read up on it and it looks tight get a model program apply your models to it good features decent codes game will be able be made somewhat close to aknight online and some times better it can be succesful cause from what I seen it can use c++ scripting so it could be a big mmo like wow and stuff but that would take alot of work and skill ... I'm currently saving up for it cant wait to get started

-reply by Zach

I own the engine, its good. Super easy to use, but if you can't learn something like Visual Basic don't even buy it. The scripting is REQUIRED to make a functional game. The engine in its current state can't handle many peopel per server. With a 1k upload you get 20 people online stable if your lucky. I have a 6k upload and a decent computer and could probly push 200 people if I'm lucky. Engine overall is good though.-reply by Knightsz