xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Find3r

What Is ''saci Perere''?

What is ''Saci Perere'' ?? i heard its a story about a boy that doesnt have one leg and used a pipe all the time. :P but what does he do??? :D i thing its a story from brazil. :)

Notice from saint-michael:
your asking a question when posting in the what is forum you need to tell us about it ont you asking us to tell you about it. Move to General Topics.

The Saci (pr. sah-SEE) is the most popular and bizarre character of Brazilian folklore. He is a one-legged dwarf, with holes through the palms of his hands, who smokes a pipe and wears a magical red cap which enables him to disappear and reappear wherever he wishes. Considered an irritating prankster in some parts of the country, and a dangerous and malicious creature in others, he will nevertheless grant wishes to anyone who manages to steal his magic cap.

Yep. More at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saci_(Brazilian_folklore)

I heard since I was child, "saci-perer?" is a mythic character from the forest. He is very chip, and live inside small hurricane. He makes many jokes for people of the forest, hiding stuffs, making traps and telling liars. In brazillian literature, is in include on Monteiro Lobato's books, called "S?tio do Pica-pau Amarelo" (Yellow Woodpicker Farm).

Saci Perer? is a character in Brazilian mythology. His skin color was black and he had only one leg. Saci Perer? wears a red pointed hat that gives him magical powers. He had the ability to appear or disappear whenever he wanted. Saci Perer? loves to play pranks like distracting people who are cooking so that the food burns on the stove. Some of his other pranks are to hide kitchen utensils, bang doors or letting animals penned in corrals loose. Saci Perer? also loves to startle travelers or hunters who venture alone in the forests, by whistling loudly in their ears. After this, he appears to them in a cloud of smoke, asking them to light his pipe. During full moon nights, he hops onto a horse and gallops merrily around the countryside.