xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tyssen

Trapped In *BLEEP*! [tis] (www.trappedinshit.com) *new!* Is this for real?

Is this forum name for real or has the forum been hacked? If so, isn't it a breach of the TOS? (And before any mods fire off a warning to me - check the name of the forum containing The Vent.)

Notice from rejected:
The forum has not been hacked.

Is this forum name for real or has the forum been hacked? If so, isn't it a breach of the TOS? (And before any mods fire off a warning to me - check the name of the forum containing The Vent.)

I was wondering that as well. It's hardly a good idea to put expletives in the forum of a website that hosts professional free web hosting. Edited by tt3 (see edit history)

I think it is safe to say the forum has been hacked. I can't see OpaQue allowing something like this, he is much more professional than that.

no the site has not been hacked OpaQue did add that to the site, I talk to him about it. Best thing to do is say you don't like that being on the forums and opaque will most likly change it.

Well I certainly think it is a step in the wrong direction. I thought he was trying to keep a high standard for the forums, no spam posts, quality posts and all the rest. A forum name like that does not convey that sort of message at all.

I'm not fussed about the word itself but more about the lack of consistency. As Avalon says, can't expect people to stick to rules if they see admins or mods breaking them.

Do not take this in the wrong way but it is his forum though he can do what he wants, but yeah changing the word would be most appropriate due to the age range we have and the good standards and practices we want on this forum as well.

Avalon, please refrain from assuming right away the forums have been "hacked", it might scare some people.

Because in fact, OpaQue did actually do this, here's his post in a topic I created;

The name does have a bit of profanity in it, but when I asked to other people, they all found it very Catchy and funny! I hope, they take it in that way.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is in progress and will be soon pointing to our little vent forum

With such negative feedback I'm sure he'll probably change it.

I think that this title is not really a good idea. People who have been here awile like me will not take offence to this and will still post here like we always do. However, I think that this might scare off new members because the forum may not seem as professional. It is a great name for the vent though.

Quite honestly, that name doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I find it to be funny, to be honest. Don't ask why, because I have no idea. Plus, if you think about it: That word is a heck of a lot better than some of the other possibilities that could have been used. I also really don't see how people could find that offensive...but that's just me.

I never actually heard of that domain until now, but it sounds a little funny. When I noticed this topic, I thought that it was someone else's site, but OpaQue, you came up with a pretty creative domain name there. Trapped (for Xisto) in s*** (for all of the crazy things that go on in our lives) - sounds good to me!

I laughed when i first noticed the name. I was a bit amazed at the quick change, and such a change. But, it doesnt bother me at all. And why care about such a thing? What person doesnt know of bad words? Even 5 year olds know of such words, and it aint cause of any forum. I tell ya, you learn more than you think in school.

Well, as far as word like s*it is concerned..I think there is no harm in that...everyone has done it :D:) (sorry, trying to get funny)But I think that the reason we have a small negativity about this word at Xisto is because..till this date..we've maintained a good proffessional image and such a sudden change has shocked the members.If we take the words of OpaQue..he has already consulted with others and they found it funny...and not offensive and same is the case with some other members too!I think every member must right their opinion about this..wheather they want this or not..because OpaQue may change it :P