xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Milk

Pci Simple Communications Controller & Multimedia Controller Thing Inquiry

Inquiry is a fun word.Anyways, I have two computers and we're selling our old one. I updated it to windows xp to make it look more flashy and when I did that, the sound failed to work. When I went through the hardware stuff, it said that the PCI simple communications controller needed a driver and the multimedia..something needed a driver as well. I don't have internet connection on that computer so I can't download any drivers.I looked on this computer to see if I could download any...but I can't find anything. Um, I looked around and saw a lot of other questions regarding this situation as well and a lot of people just said to either take the card thing out and put it back in or to find the model/make of the device to find a driver.Well, I took it out and put it back in and it still didn't do anything and I have long since lost any papers regarding the models so my question is, is there any way to find out what models they are or is there another way to get both devices to work?

Hi,Yes, there is another way of finding out what models of these devices you have, but you will have to take them out again...What you will look first, is located on the back of the card, on a sticker. You look for FCC ID label... Now, if you don't find it, no big deal, not all cards have this label... If you do find this FCC ID, you can use it on some sites with drivers, to determine who manufactured the card, and what model it is. I believe WinDrivers.com has this search by FCC ID ability, but they charge for drivers... But you can at least find out what you need to look for....If you don't find that FCC ID, you will have to look on the front of the card, and look if there is some text on the PCB... Chances of that are small, but it's still worth looking at...And as a last resort, you have to look at the text written on the biggest chip on the card, and use that text in the search engine, to find what drivers you need... If you do need to look on the chip, post what you read back here, or drop me a pm, and I'll try to locate those drivers for you...Hope this helped a little :)

Wow, thanks a lot.On the modem card it had the FCC thing that had this number/Letter combination: FB WS-5614PSLOn the Sound card, I couldn't find any FCC thing, but I saw this thing:SND-ASOUNDV15470E20327I-P29438which was on the back and on the front on the biggest black square was:Avance Logic, Inc.ALS4000Is that at all what you needed? Thanks again!

Hi,

yes, that was kind of information I asked for... Modem is Motorola, and I found this page with driver download HERE

And here are drivers for Avance Logic sound card, riiiight HERE

I hope this helped you, and that those drivers will be appropriate for your computer :) If you need any further assistance, don't hesitate to ask :P

Wow, thanks soo much. I really appreciate your help. It's not everyday you meet someone as nice as you. Thanks a lot!