xisto Community
Janissary

Auto-opening Toilet-seat

You know, those trash cans which have some kind of button at their bottom. So you can press it with your foot, and its top opens itself. By this you can ditch your trash without bending and opening trashcan.Anyway, lets make this system to toilet-seat (closet?)So for men, they can just press the bottom button with his foot while urinating in stand-up. This will save us time, and you never be worried about forgeting the top open.:)

Thats funny how no-one has ever thought of that. Like in Japan they got somehting like that, but far more advanced.. My parents have one and it has jet streams that shoot up and well you get the point.. but thats jsut the cleaning part. Also it has a seat warmer. And the tile around the toilet heats up as well, talk about tech-eligancy.

My parents have one and it has jet streams that shoot up and well you get the point..

That's called a bidet (sp?).

Anyway, an auto-opening toilet seat. Sounds handy, but maybe a little too lazy? :)

I'm guessing that the person suggesting it might be American... We are naturally lazy which is probably why this is such an interesting idea. I say it's pretty cool. It would solve the problem of males and females who are married and angry over men leaving the seat up.

I'm guessing that the person suggesting it might be American... We are naturally lazy which is probably why this is such an interesting idea. I say it's pretty cool. It would solve the problem of males and females who are married and angry over men leaving the seat up.

lol, I was going to say that :P Even better would be like a motion sensored one that opens when you move by it.... That could be very amuzing but wouldn't work to well in a smallish bathroom :\ But I think it's alright the way it is, if we had auto-opening toilets.... we would just be getting lazier.

Nice idea though, never thought of it before :)

YAY! I knew this forum would definately help bring out innovative Ideas! CooL man! I never thought of this either.

What a wonderful idea, although one problem, the actual foot pedal to hold the seat up would have to be quite large to accomidate diffrent standing positions. And also you'd have to add a locking mechanism incase you wanted to clean or otherwise.But one question you said that it would cut back on the wife yelling ath t husband for leaving the seat up. Why does the man have to be the one who puts the seat down? Why can't the wonam be expected to put the seat back up?

Well, if you have to step forward, then it will be very annoying when you pee. It a pretty cool idea, but the step thingy will have to be sticking out so you won't have to step forward

Well, that's actually pretty nasty if you think of it that way. Come on, I mean, I've been to many public restrooms, and no kidding, but people miss. What if they miss, I'm sure you don't just want to "step" on that. That's just pure nasty. But, I love the idea. (This topic reminds me of American Inventor 'Fox')

I think that this is a really creative idea. It is not going to save you that much time or anything but at least you will not have to bend over just to lift up the lid on a toilet seat. You should build a prototype and show us a picture of it.

Edited by wariorpk (see edit history)

That's a good idea, but it has to have a motor which will be slow which will probably not be worth it, plus you have to push the button if it is motor operated :D

It would stink if you pushed the button accidentaly when you were pooping, ouch.

Why am I posting here anyway, and talking about what would happen with a motor-driven seat?

New!- The Motor Toilet

Now with a 6v engine and Power Steering!

:) lol :P

Good luck though. You should send it to that weird inventer show that's on.

I say we all just gotta install urinals in the bathroom. lol. The idea isn't bad. The only thing that i migh tnot like is you know when the trash little foot pedal is pressed and when you want to close it. YOu release the pedal. Well it makes a clapping sound with the touching of the metal or plastic whatever trash bucket you use. The toilet seat would make a louder sound if you were to do this. I guess implement some kind of cushion or something. I don't know. What if your in the kind of "almost peeing in my pants" mode and you need to do something real quick??? well you could press the pedal to open the seat. I think it would take some time getting used to. Because were so used to the regular normal way. lol.

Hey, how about this? Okay, first imagine a toilet. Easy, right? Then...imagine the toilet with a de-smell the feces/anything. Well, maybe the toilet can have a self gluteus maximus massager. Wow, that'll be awesome, wouldn't it? Then a self "butt" cleaner. :P Well, that's already inventer, but how about a gluteus maximus heater. It'll warm you and give you therapy, let you relax while you sit in the toilet. That'll be nice, wouldn't it. Imagine that on a cold, snowing day. :)

Well I guess it would work in some places in case you wouldnt want to get your hands dirty while lifting the seat. Just imagine, stepping on a pedal or getting your fingers for lifting the seat.