xisto Community
Terence

Struggling: Wow Or Guildwars Planing on buying a game...

Hey fellow gamers, I'm planning on getting a new game to get addicted to and after research, I narrowed down my choices to two games: World of Warcraft, or Guildwars. I have friends who tell me to buy Guildwars, and friends who tell me to buy WOW. Its quite hard for me to decide and I do not plan to buy both. Help or comments would be appreciated. Thank You.Terence

I have both games and I guess it depends on what you want. This is a really tough choice, both games are amazing.Guildwars has alot of quests, nice graphics, you spend little or no time just leveling, great game to play with your friends, good PVP system, follows an intresting story line, no monthly fee. The downside of the game is that once you beat it the game there is not much to do. Guildwars only lasted me about 3 weeks.World of Warcraft has a lot of content. There is alot of stuff to do, the world is massive, good PVP system, alot of quests, items, equipment, etc. It's better than any other MMORPG I've played before with the exception of Guildwars. The downside to this game is that you have to pay monthly.If you don't mind paying monthly I would say get World of Warcraft. There is a lot more to do in that game. I haven't touced Guild Wars for months since I beat the game.

Ive only played World of Warcraft out of these two, but if you don't mind paying I could almost certainly guarantee that once you get into it , after playing for about 3 hrs, its is just immense. You shouldnt be dissapointed with it if you decide WOW... :angry:also have a think on how many of your friends play each one. Having groups and guilds to be part of and to do quests / level with friends makes it much more interesting and enjoyable.

Both are good but i think you sould get wow its fun and if you played warcraft you would love it. :lol:

It really depends on what kind of game you're looking for..Guild Wars is a team and skill based game. The main element of GW is PvP (Player Vs Player). That's where the real fun begins, where you pit yourself against others players. You'll never be fighting alone because in GW working as a team is the only way to go. (They've doing what they can to remove the possibility of "soloing" altogether)Why PvP is so fun is because you can choose to do either 4v4 or 8v8. You can either fight for great rewards, or fight as a Guild to make your guild one of the top ranking guilds in GW. I've never played WoW before but from the look of things, WoW is your traditional MMORPG game where you can spend hours exploring the virtual world, fighting monsters to gain levels.Ok, so in conclusion =pIf you are not the type that like to grind and farm to gain levels, or don't have time to spend hours on the game, if you prefer to let your skills do the talking rather than the number of hours you spend on a game, then Guild Wars is for you.Otherwise, if you love to farm and grind your way up the levels, love to explore vast lands. then I think WoW is for you..Like I said I play GW and love GW, so my argument tend to be one sided =p

Although I liked FFXI better than WoW, it's still a solid and popular game. I personally like that type of MMORPG better than what Guildwars has to offer.. even if there is a monthly fee. But heck.. monthly fees like that aren't really that bad. I'm pretty sure I spend more on, say.. Raspberry tea, every month, than I do on my monthly fees XD;

the choice should be Guildwars or WOW/Life <_<. . . because you know you'll practiclly lose it ! lolLike has been said, WOW is a huge game, with plenty to do. . . but when you get to high levels and want to get uber rare items, it becomes like another job apaprently and looses its "fun", because you generlly have t ojoin guilds with strict rules of manditory play etc. . . but don't let that put you off, its how you play the game which determines how fun it is.As for guild wars, its not a pay monthly MMORPG!!!!! so thats an obvious bonus. . . and it is still a large game, but like the obvious hardcore gamer above a few posts who finished it in weeks, then theres goign to be "episodic" expansions twice a year i believe, which will provide Mannnnnnnnny more hours of gameplay.plus WOW looks way too cartoony for my liking

I've played both, and actually enjoy both, despite the fact that I have quit World of Warcraft and Guild Wars and have not touched them for months now. Generally, Guild Wars is great for a rare-moderate player, who does not have the time to simply level grind. It allows for great flexibility of hours and although is not as indepth as other games, namely World of Warcraft, its a great game in and of itself. There are not many classes, but the combination of skills and flexibility of skills definitely make it feel like you have different combinations. Now for World of Warcraft, I only ended up being level 20 before my account expired. The little I played showed me just how indepth and amazing this game was. Consequently, the game would obviously take more time and effort to max your level. Both games are renowned for their player versus player, although Guild Wars is similar to a deathmatch/ Counter-Strike gameplay while World of Warcraft relies on raids and wars between guilds. All in all it depends on your playstyle and financial capacity. I have not yet played Guild Wars: Factions, nor do I intend to. <_< Best of luck finding a good game for yourself!

Hey fellow gamers, I'm planning on getting a new game to get addicted to and after research, I narrowed down my choices to two games: World of Warcraft, or Guildwars. I have friends who tell me to buy Guildwars, and friends who tell me to buy WOW. Its quite hard for me to decide and I do not plan to buy both. Help or comments would be appreciated. Thank You.
Terence

World of Warcraft rulezzz