xisto Community
ComeToLife

Razr Problems Keypad Doesnt Work

Hello, Can anyone help me? I own a Motorola Razr V3 and the only key that works is the on off button. I have never dropped it and i take excellent care of my phones. It was working fine for a few months and one day it just stopped working. The screen still works and I can awnser phone calls by opening the flip part, but I can't call anyone or text or anything that requires pushing a button unless it is to turn it on or off. I hace looked online and it seemse other people ahve had this problem but no one ever had a solution. Should I try to fix it? Should I jsut get it replaced? I don't know what to do... Someone please help me, I can't go much longer without a phone and I need to know if there is a way I can fix this. I called customer support but they had nothing to tell me. Please reply back, and thank you for caring.-Jeremy

well first get a hold of the people that make the phones and see if its a problem, for all you know you locked yourself out of that phone. but I would replace it though.

well first get a hold of the people that make the phones and see if its a problem, for all you know you locked yourself out of that phone. but I would replace it though.

don't know about other people.. but my friend also had the same problem...

what he did was bang his mobile hard on his hands (just like u bang ur TV remote <_< )

the problem was resolved for 1 days.. but after that the keypad locked itself again... then he sent it to motorazr people and they did something and charged him USD 15 .. and the phone just worked fine...

my suggestion to u is to make some complaints and wait for them to agree to their fault.. and replace it without fee...

(i live in india just for ur information)

I don't know if it helps or not but I had a similar problem with my RAZR but in my case it was the keypad flex file I had to flash it into the phone. I found the solution here Buttons don't work I asked it in the live chat on this site and the nice expert helped me do it.

I would say replace it. My dad has a razr, and my friend too. That happened too his phone. He just replaced it.But i would suggest getting a different phone. All razr's, at least what my dad and friend told me, have this high pitched buzzing sound, that gets really annoying.

I work for a cellular company so I might be able to help you. First of all, is it possible some form of moisture could have gotten inside of the phone? RAZRs are very sensitive to moisture and the keypad stopping to work is an indicator of this. You said you never dropped the phone which is good. Also, where do you keep the phone while it is not being used? Like a pocket or something?

I work for a cellular company so I might be able to help you. First of all, is it possible some form of moisture could have gotten inside of the phone? RAZRs are very sensitive to moisture and the keypad stopping to work is an indicator of this. You said you never dropped the phone which is good. Also, where do you keep the phone while it is not being used? Like a pocket or something?

I would assume he does. Like where else could he put it when he is out and not using the phone? I assume that when you say pocket you also meen bag, backpack, jacket...?

techfreakorama, you are a God

Razr Problems

Thanks! You're hard-line solution works for me. I just bang my phone in my hands and waalaa! it worked! Thanks again!

-Bong Bollas

Keypad not working

Razr Problems

I have the same problem as of yesterday. We took a hike in the woods in the rain and it seems like moisture seeped through my clothing and into the phone. On top of that, I have a lock code on the phone, so when I turn it on, it asks for the lock code which I can't enter because the keypads don't work. Please help :(

Right now I have the phone sitting in front of one of those dish heaters hoping that it may help!

-arash

t-mobile razrs

Razr Problems

My parents and I own razrs.

They were working perfectly for two years until one day my key pad stopped working. It at first told me that my messages were full and then started recording my voice.

I thought it may of been due to the condition of my phone, but when I went to my parents house I found out that it had happen to their phone as well on the same day. The only thing the phone can do is turn on and off and because there is a sim lock on it I can no longer use the phone at all.

This is no coincidence... Does anyone know of any phone viruses?

-reply by linsey

damn keypad

Razr Problems

So I got a dolce and gabanna v3i phone in sept. 2006. In the summer of 2007, the screen blanked out. I was out of the country, so I had to get it fixed by this one guy.

The *bottom* fixed the screen but messed up my keypad, so now my keypad only turns on, but not off. So I took it to a shop here in America, and the guy was like "the phone's chip is fried, theres no way to fix your phone." it's such a lie because if that were the case, the phone would of never turned on in the first place!

I can only answer incoming calls. I have a different phone, but I hate it, I WANT MY D&G BACK! please help me!

-Helwi

V3xx Razor

Razr Problems

Okay, I have that new Razor, and just like the original one, it's CRAP.

Yeah it's a $300 phone, but that doesn't mean it's worth that much.

I have only had my phone for six months, and around the second month that I had it...I had to send it back because it would always freeze up and then turn off out of nowhere. So when I sent it back, (you would think that they would just replace the phone since I had only had it for two months.) But they said that they "fixed it." Anyways, about a month ago my phones middle button just fell off. But there was still a way to navigate around the phone so I just didn't worry about it. Now the button will not work at all and just recently, about three days ago..The keypad stopped working for no apparent reason. I was texting, and my three stopped working. Then the six, and now none of the arrows work on the phone.

Yesterday I went to my AT&T store, and the woman there was very rude about the situation. She gave me a piece of paper with a number on it and said, "Here, this is the number for broken, stolen or lost phones. Have a good day." And I walked out. I called the number and I was seriously on the phone for 30 minutes. I talked to three different people, and they are sending me the same phone, but are saying I have to pay full price for it. Not happening, I take very good care of my phone...And did nothing for all the buttons to stop working.

If you have thought about getting a Razor, I would advise you to take this into consideration and pick out a different cell phone. Yeah, you will love it at first, but it's honestly not worth all the frustration and waiting on hold for 30 minutes just to hear that you have to pay for a new phone again. I hope this changed some of your minds, :)

Thanks,

-Brittany

-reply by Brittany

Okay well um not like him moisture did enter my phone, and my top two left and right keys don't work, so I went to the verizon store which said it was because of moisture and told me to get outand buy a new phone which is 250.00 without a contract is there anything I can do? Can I complain, air dry it? Anything? My budget really can't afford a new phone right now, and it really suxs. I love my phone and I just want the same one or same model! -reply by Verachka

KeyPad Locked

Razr Problems

Replying to Trap FeedBacker

This was the best answer in hte forum, I just bangged couple of times my Razr and now is working perfect. I had the same problem for a few days,

Thanks Bong Bollas .

JuanRod

-reply by JuanRod