xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
skjha

I Am In Dire Need For Your Suggestions On Punbb

Guys and Gals :) I hardly beleive any gals out here,Anyways, I have a PunBB web forum running for a couple of months. Not too many visitors. Yet there will be lots of extra labour if database breaks up. I want to change it to SMF or PHBB2 as PunBB doesn't give much admin flexibility. The site looks rather simple. As you know unless you dress well nobody is going to peek on you. So, I want your suggestions, on how to convert PunBB board to any other. I dont think changing to Invision would be a solution as of-course I dont own a license. Please help.

Notice from serverph:
moving from:Free Web Hosting, No Ads > Have your say > Support and Feedback > Questions & Queriesto a more appropriate section.

As far as whether to choose PHPbb or Simple Machines Forum I would choose Simple Machines Forum. The administration area is very easy to use but there are a lot of options available for you especially as far as permissions go. Even the default skin they have looks good. Since you chose Punbb for your first forum you are going to have a hard time converting it to Simple Machines Forum. Here is a link to their convertor area so you can find it if its there http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=20.0 . I hope you get your board up an running. If there is no convertor for PunBB on their site I recommend just moving it to another location on your site like yoursite.trap17.com/oldforum and only allow people to read topics. This way you will not have to lose your old topics but you will still be able to use better forum software.

Edited by wariorpk (see edit history)