xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
skjha

How Do You Transfer Files Between Servers? I am interested to get 50 MB package at computinghost.

I have few questions to ask.I have two functional websites hosted at two different servers. Unfortunately I am now short of funds, so i wish to merge the site at one place to reduce hosting costs. I can take full backup from cpanel on both servers. Say one site is name1.com and other name2.com. If upon transfer of server, is it possible to backup full websites with MySQL databases intact? Backing up one such site is not a probem as I guess. If I upload full backup in home directory and mail admin to restore it for me, it will be a breeze. The problem arises when I think about fusing second site. A full backup wont be useful. Partial backups (home directory+sql database+subdomain+alias++++). I tried these sometime ago but was unsuccessful. I want to know if you can install both of my sites if I purchase hosting from you?Please reply to help me in this matter. I was so far using $hosting or cheap hosting services. These operators were not much serious to customers like me. Hosts care for big parties i.e. minimum 20-30$ a month. Which is unaffordable for me. I witnessed many glitches and breakdowns of server even though I pay $ 14 / mo. I just want to have a trial on Xisto. If it works fine, I would like to switch to 50 MB package of Xisto - Web Hosting. I guess there are unlimited SQL and addon domains with this scheme.Awaiting response

Hi,If your current host has Cpanel, You can purchase 2 plans at Xisto - Web Hosting at Cheap rates. $3.33 /Mon (Recommended) and We can arrange for direct copy from the remote server.Or you can get us the backup of both the sites and we will install it on our servers.We treat every customer equally whether it is a Shared hosting client, Reseller or a Dedicated Server client. :-)Fusing the two sites with aliases would be difficult. But I am sure, the affodable rates will not be soo hard on you. So instead of paying $14/Mon. You can be satisfied with 2 accounts with us @ $6.66 ( $3.33x2) :)

I did a mistake. I pay $14 per year and not per month. Sorry Opaque for the misspelling. The plan thet you are talking is little costlier to me. I was sure about plan 5s (50 MB, $9.95 per yr) if i am not mistaken. But before I buy a plan I want to host my sites on your servers for atleast a month for free (forum postings). This will give me an idea. All hosts show 99.99% uptime, but it isn't so. Please don't mind if I am direct :)Fusing alias will be certainly difficult, but I can afford to waste my time rather that money. I am really out of it. LOL.

I am glad you are interested in our services. As for that $14 a year, Its alright. If you opt for 2 $9.95/Year plans, you can still host the plans peacefully.I am just recommending you to buy two plans because of mentioned ALIASES. It is very much easy to maintain things like those with two seperate accounts than fusing them together.As for checking the uptime on our servers, I would like you to point out that, Xisto - Web Hosting.com offers 1 month free trial. In that, Your Credit card is not charged at all. And the gateway used is PAYPAL. so you have total control and there is no fear of getting cheated or whatsover. Also, you are covered under PAYPAL BUYERS PROTECTION program.Anyway, We respect your decision and you are free to try our hosting services on the free hosting server. However, you can expect a better service and uptime at the paid server since it is not exposed to much of abuse.

Thanks Opaque for the webspace. Why I said about free plan for now is that I have to get refund from previous host. In case they refuse or something like happens, I should not loose money. As I know its under your hand to transfer between Xisto and Xisto - Web Hosting, i can rest assured, my files will be safe.Please advice me if I should place backup in the home directory? I'll access it using IP till I get refund from my earlier host.Regards,

You can just download the files and upload them again. A good site is http://www.net2ftp.com/ you can download many directories, file, whatever you want into a zip then download that zip file. What you can also do is just copy files from the server that you have the files on, onto another place by entering that login information there. Its a really good site, and if you like it you can download the files and put the program on your site :)

um i dont know if opaque has tried this yet but if he has the ip or domain of skjha accout with the other webhost he can just go intro whm and click on transfers and click on transfer account from another cpanel server, then punch in the ip address and or domain and hit go and all the files will be coppied to the account on Xisto - Web Hosting.