xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kawasu

Good Blog Scripts?

i've been wanting to bring back my online journal but so many new blog scripts have been released since I was an active website owner. does any one know of any good blog scripts better than wordpress? I used wordpress in the past but to get a gallery in it required an addon. i was just wondering if there's a blog script with inbuilt image galleries. any other recomendations for other good blogging scripts would be appreciated aswell. ;]thanks in advance.

Among all, I'd still recommend you to use WordPress as it's by far the most professional script that is recognised by many people in the open-source community.

However you can also try the following. In their online demo, they include a built-in gallery. So I'd assume these script includes a gallery.

BLOG:CMS

http://blogcms.com/

Chipmunk Blogger Script

http://www.chipmunk-scripts.com/page.php?ID=9

LifeType

http://lifetype.net/

wordpress is pretty simple and very good. thre's also another one...can't find it but it's very flexible, but requires a lot of knowledge. so i think wordpress is good. lifetype looks pretty nice too. or you can use cutenews and integrate it with a site.

Let me also just give my thought on this so that you may be more impressed to use the software everyone is talking about. I also use Wordpress for my own journal and blog. It is simple and very easy to use. Try the latest version of Wordpress. otherwise, if you want to go hassle free sans hosting worry - Blogspot.com - Google blog is the best... put adsense and start making money even...

i've been wanting to bring back my online journal but so many new blog scripts have been released since I was an active website owner. does any one know of any good blog scripts better than wordpress? I used wordpress in the past but to get a gallery in it required an addon. i was just wondering if there's a blog script with inbuilt image galleries. any other recomendations for other good blogging scripts would be appreciated aswell. ;]

thanks in advance.

try sBlog

yeah its still beta but its quite nice since it using bbcode when posting everythings :)

I agree to sqlbyte that wordpress have got no match in terms of performance vs low resource consumption. It looks elegant and costs nothing. Recently I used content management software Joomla to build my website. This CMS doesn't have a good blog script. The rescue came from wordpress. I installed a module and it got going. everything integrated at a place. with RSS feeds. I am trying cms and live journal features. I hope kawasu may also try one of these. All comes in the cpanel for free. If kawasu had the intention to build a live journal, I think I answered him.

A lot of people recommend WordPress, and I also recommend that. If you're one of those "lite" people, try cutenews at http://www.cutephp.com/
You could also try Text Pattern, it is a very good php/mysql based blog script that a lot of my friends use.

Im going to have to agree with you Dooga, Wordpress is a very, very good blog script, I used to use it, but now I see no need for blogs as I use MSN Spaces. But I am thinking of using it for my site now that it is hosted with Xisto, I will use blogs maybe for news or the latest things, If you are having trouble finding a script try WordPress!

I haven't actually used it yet but have done quite a bit of reading on it and Expression Engine seems pretty good. It's free for the core module or for $99 you can upgrade and also get photo gallery, mailing list, membership site and moblog modules.

well would you want those features that you have to pay for? I personally would not use them and see no point as most people dont read that many blogs. Plus im sure that you could always get another blog program if you did want those features for free.

wow more replies than i expected. wordpress really has its fanbase i gather. ;] i bought into though, used it and integrated gallery2. i'm still trying to put everything together but it seems to be goin pretty well. if you want a look you can drop by at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. beware though, its really random and immature lol. thats just me though. ;d ahhh still so much work to be done ._.

I am stuck with blogger, as i started with it, now shifting would mean remaking an audience.So choosing the right platform is important, i would reccomend that you use wordpress which is definately the best around, so many plugins, large no. of themes and easy implementation. Fantastico has the module for wordpress.