xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
qoonet

Which book do you like?

My favorite book is called Dat nooit. (it's a dutch title) It's about a young girl and her father wants her to marry a very old man. She tries to get out of it and just before she has to marry him he dies so she gets to marry the man handsome son.

Yah holes is really good. It is nicely rounded and has some funny and ronical moments.I cant stand harry potter. It is a childs book.I used to like LOTR but i couldn't read it now.It just seems boring because it is a case of one thing happening and then another and then another....The only thing i like in it now are some of the characters and the way they develop. I like His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman and i have red two thirds of the way through war and peace.

My favorite book is called Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt. It's about the author's time in Savannah, Georgia exploring the city and meeting interesting people. Berendt makes friends with one of Savannah's most notable people, Jim Williams, and later becomes his confidant when Williams is accused of murder. This is 100% real, yet it reads like a brilliant work of fiction. I can't remember how many times I've read it, but every time it gets better.

I liked the book so much that my mom and I went on vacation to Savannah. We followed the 'official' tour following Berendt's travels. It's funny because in Savannah, Midnight.. has become known simply as 'The Book'. There are giftshops, tours, even a coffeehouse geared for fans of the book.

Aside from that, I really like Margaret Atwood's novels. I had to read The Handmaid's Tale for senior english, but it was excellent. Alias Grace, too is a wonderful book.

John Jakes has a great series called 'The Kent Chronicles.' My mom read the series when she was a teenager and passed her copies on to me.

I don't really have a favourite book, currently I'm reading "To Kill a Mockingbird", it's pretty good - has anybody read it? - I think you should read it sometime cuz you can learn some inspirational stuff in the book :D

I'm not sure if I'd call this my <i>favorite</i> book, but it was certainly one of the most haunting, but Night by Elie Wisel. It's a real account of what life was like in concentration camps in Germany. It's extremely scary that all of it was TRUE.

Tell in here... ;)

My favourite book is "herry potter"...

because so funny... :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just recently read The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. The book is christian-based and does a great job in explaining our divine pupose here on earth. It's a forty-day exploration (forty chapters), but I went a little slower in order to absorb the subjects and apply them to my life (approx. 4 months). I really enjoyed this book and hope to read it again in the near future.

Side Note: It's amazing to me how much I read now when compared to how little I read in high school. I think this was due to being required (dare I say "forced" ;) ) to read the books my teachers assigned to me.

Ciao!