xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
icemarle

My New Site Template [warning: Girly Pink] Yet again, another first from icemarle

I was sick of being lazy when it came to my site, so I decided to make a new template for it. I haven't put it up yet, but I will soon... when I get my lazy-lazy-lazy self to code it :( Anyway, please tell me what you think about it. It won't be framed by the way, so the content bars will extend downward. If you want me to change something, please hurry before I slice it again, because I suck at making post-slicing changes. (By the way, I love keeping things simple) Did I mention I haven't done a site template using photoshop before? I've done many firsts in the past few days... Maybe it's because I'm on vacation...?

Here's the the way it's supposed to be shown (ignore the coding, I'm going to redo that.)

Edited by icemarle (see edit history)

Hey, thanks for the advance warning about the pinkness. It is indeed, pink. And lots of it, but it looks good. Sort of a Blog style? Keep at it and let us know when the coding is complete, but I like what you have done so far.

Thanks Hat and jlhaslip... But like I said, ignore the coding right now, because I'm not done with it yet. I have yet to suffer dark and gloomy nights staring maniacly at the screen and pounding the keyboard... Only comment on the layout, please~! :( Don't click on the links yet, because it's not done. I'm also going to change to rollovers from javascript to css, as recommended by a friend.

Anyway, please tell me what you think about it.

Very clean and nice layout. I like Pink so you didn't have to warn me. I don't have any suggestions since you are at a more advanced level on htmling than I, but perhaps your text over the darker pink should be bold. It kind of blends into the background. Keep up the good work. :( I give it and 8 out of 10.

daa daa daa awesome template :( only problem i have is on the left side of your logo its cut off and you can tell by the trail you left behind a little a suggestion carefully erase that trail and put a cap at the end of the ribbon to make it complete and not cut off.plus make it a little wider to fill out the background just a bit

Fade the background used for the content area more, to make it easier to read the text, and wont distract users from the text. That's all i can suggest, for now. S_M covered the other thing to fix.

Ok, I like the colors (YES I do hate pink, but you did well :( )Anyway, back to suggestions... I think your logo is "cut-of" inapropriately to the left. You should make it fate into the PINK background.There is also no footer on your site. That is way bad in my opinion, since in design, usually there are header, content, and FOOTER. It adds style.And, at the end, why PINK??? GOD! Makes me think of barbie....

Nice color combinations. It looks cute. Four ways or things to further improve the appearance is :Firstly, you could put padding in the table where your content is, so that the texts don't touch the edge or border. Secondly, like most members say cut the left protruding portion of the banner on top to give a symmetrical look to the site and banner. Thirdly, increase your google adsense size to 120x240 or 120x600. You still have enough space!Fourth and last but not the least, look for the forum template to match the site theme. That's my take.. Thanks!

What can I say? It looks great, although I would add some spacing at the bottom or add a footer.

Thanks for all your comments! I'll go fixing up the ribbon thing and eventually add a footer too. And, yes, maybe this time I'll make the layout a bit bigger to at least fit an 800x600 resolution. Again, thanks for all your comments!

Overall it's nice!I would tidy up that cut off ribbon on the top left.The main text needs a lighter, not darker, background - very hard to read!! Personally I would code from scratch using CSS, not Photoshop! I hate that colspan layout it forces on you - very hard to change manually.