xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CroSpartacus

Should Private Become Public?

It happened to me, it can happen to you. Should private messages ever become public? All of us post tons of them daily. Do you ever think that they might be out there for public consumption at some point, or be used for vengeanace purposes? How do you feel about the person who breaks such code of trust? Has it ever happened to you before? Just something to ponder.

It happened to me, it can happen to you. Should private messages ever become public? All of us post tons of them daily. Do you ever think that they might be out there for public consumption at some point, or be used for vengeanace purposes? How do you feel about the person who breaks such code of trust? Has it ever happened to you before? Just something to ponder.

I have 2 things to say: Private is mine Public is owrs

generally speaking: no.though sometimes there is a point to prove, and some things need to be brought out into public veiw. but it would have to be something pretty serious (not just petty revenge or some crap) to make it justifiable.

I feel it is very informal when we post private messages. But when they turn public it really hurts. The transition from informal to formal is some times painful.To be successful one should try to keep messages independent of trust or betrayal. It may not look so fancy but would not cause any regrets later.The weakest point in trust is the strength of it. People face a lot and I believe lessons must be remembered. Nothing is trust worthy, its just situations and needs that govern human behavior.

:( Private means PRIVATE :(
:( and public is public :(
Just leave it as that

I agree. If private is not private, then might we well strike off the word "private" from the dictionary. We don't need word "public" as well, since there issn't an opposite to it and everything is public.

Take your email messages or the messages sent from your lover being disclosed. Would you then come back with a topic stating, ""Should Public Become Private?" :(

Again, I like that phrase: "Private is private. Public is public." Seriously there's nothing much about it that we can do. We cannot change it either.

That is not right, PRIVATE messages are private and there should be a law stating that, It happened to a friend of mine aswell he got really hurt when he found out. He then said that if they were going to make it public they should have atleast asked first or told him anyway. I would feel really angry and hurt if someone did that to me so heres what i have to say, If yout going to do it, think first about how you would feel if it happened to you.

Hy. If a message alredy is pubplic, we can`t name it private message. If we have something to say to everybody, we use a forum or somethinng like that, and if we want to say something personal to somebody, we use private message or e-mail, or private chat. The internet is not only for pupblishing everything. The internet firstly becomed for communication, and the communication in the most cases is between 2 people.

Generally no. Private is for that person's eyes only, and public is for everyone to view. Although in some serious cases, ie law authorities or etc, it may be required to release the private message and whatever might be in the message.

There's a reason its called a private message :\ If the sender wanted it to be a public thing, they would have just posted a topic or something. So no, I don't think private messages should become public.. it would entirely ruin the point of them, it'd confuse a lot of people, and as a random thing, it'd a complete contradiction.. a public private message? o.O

I agree with you xaetos. If it would happend, the word "secrte" would diappear totally from the internet communication`s dictionary. Everything would be pupblic, so everybody would know anything. It would be cery very intersting thing.

Rather obviously I am going to say a huge NO to that one, its quite simple really, private is (and should always be just that). It's one thing for governments and other such authorities to (at least try) to gain private information, for the purposes of 'order' and such like, but to simply you around randomly sharing private messages simply becuase you didn't particularly like what was said or in order to humiliate another person is just plain wrong. There should defianetly be a law against it (there may in fact be one I'm not sure) I know that here in the UK it is a criminal offence to open mail addressed to someone else unless you have been given express permision from the recipient, I defiantely think there should vbe a law governing all forms of private correspondence, no matter what form it is in E-Mail, PM, IM, Mail, hell even smoke siganls and pigeons if its private its private.

Edited by dontmaimyourself (see edit history)